Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Galactus in F4: Rise of the Silver Surfer will look like...

According to Aint It Cool News this is how Galactus will look in the new movie this summer:

"Wanted to let you know what Galactus is going to look like / be represented as in the FF2 sequel:

A storm cloud.

Yep.

That's it. That's the solution from the creatives(lame).

Think Superman/Silver Surfer flying through clouds with Galactus / Jorel VO.

My source is in the eye of the storm."

Three words pretty damn lame.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32330

Junior Poster

That sucks! A cloud??? How the fuck can they do that? That pisses me off already considering the first FF movie had a wimp DR. Doom.

"Those who know do not speak,those who speak do not know."

Veteran Poster

it's gotta be a joke or a misunderstanding.

Fox and Marvel Productions would be that stupid and
    irresponsible to the director do that to the fans and general
    audience.

i'm not a Tim Story fan to begin with but i'll be damned if
    Fox lets him fuck up the Fantastic Four like that.

Junior Poster

* Deleted *

Junior Poster

And he is being voiced by Lawrence Fishburne

Junior Poster

sorry a correction on Fishburne...

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=19962

Laurence Fishburne ("The Matrix" trilogy) will voice the role of The Silver Surfer in 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, opening in theaters on June 15.

Rumors had Fishburne voicing the role of Galactus in the sequel, but the studio hasn't decided whether Galactus will even speak, says Variety. Silver Surfer, who rides his surfboard through space, is the herald for the planet-destroying Galactus. Fishburne joined "Silver Surfer" this week.

Junior Poster

I heard this when I picked up my comic book order last week. That's pretty fucked up if this is allowed to happen. How many times can they fuck up one movie line? F4 was pretty lame (other than Jessica looking hot), but if things go as it is rumored, I may not even rent the damn thing when it comes out on DVD.

Good times are ahead though. The Dark Knight comes out in 2008. I'm waiting for the Joker and possibly Two-Face.

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

A cloud? That's just fuckin great. . .

It could be worse, though. Supposedly, Marlon Brando had suggested that his role in Superman: The Movie be a voice over for a bagel (as supermans father). I've also read rumors that he thought a green suitcase would be appropriate, as well.

Still, even those would have been slightly more interesting than a damn cloud.

stillies77

i think its just going to be a teaser at the end and the cloud is a cloaking device type of thing...relax people the movie isnt even out yet.

Rookie Poster

i think its just going to be a teaser at the end and the cloud is a cloaking device type of thing...relax people the movie isnt even out yet.
    I certainly hope it's something like this. I get so disappointed when good comics are given bad treatment in film. It's not like a film of a novel where each person's subjective experience of it differs somewhat. Comics are a shared visual experience, so everyone has a collective view of the story. Oh well. If I don't like it I'll just take my Ultimate Nullifier and go home. out: