Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I almost went though with a sham marriage for immigration (damn that would've been stupid...), but nope, no experience here.

$150 mil... I can't even imagine...

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Platinum Poster

if she stands to get that much then im sure she earned it. 18yrs of marriage who knows what went on behind closed doors but regardless hes got tons more for himself its not like hell ever miss that 150 mill.

Professional Poster

The point is they're settling. In community property states,spouses entitled to half of all marital assets.

If there is no pre-nup and Jordan' wife wanted to be a hardass,she could take him to the cleaners.

The McCartney divorce is going to be a lulu. Sir Paul passed on the pre-nup as there was "no need". What a moron.

You think he would've wised up to the real world after Micheal Jackson took him to the cleaners on the Beatles catalogue 20 years ago?

Ancient Pervert.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    if she stands to get that much then im sure she earned it. 18yrs of marriage who knows what went on behind closed doors but regardless hes got tons more for himself its not like hell ever miss that 150 mill.
    Normally, I'm usually against these outlandish settlements which are always in favor of the woman, but in this case she deserves every penny.

She was with him before he went pro I believe, had his children, and put up with the gambling, cheating, him constantly being on the road, etc. for 18 years.

So, good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by tsntx
    Let's be literal with our words here. Michael Jordan is the one who actually earned that money. Unless Juanita was a whore who was being paid by Michael for the time elapsed with him, then she didn't earn any of that money. Last I heard, the owner of the Chicago Bulls didn't hire and make a contract with Juanita--rather, he did so with Michael, because it was Michael's talents that he thought worthy enough to pay the amount of money he did.

As far as what is literally agreed upon, all marriage typically is is a promise to love and be faithful to each other. In the standard marriage, no wage is outlined for one or either of the partners to pay the other. So in literal terms, one partner doesn't earn anything merely because they were married to another.

Boys will be girls.

Author (under a nom de plume) of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Dec. 4, 2011, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1337761 ; Theophysics, http://theophysics.freevar.com .

If one spouse earns or is worth that much more than the other, it's up to them to get a pre-nup. If they don't, they get what they deserve. A fool and his (or her) money are soon parted.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    But, why is money involved?
    It has been my experience that whatever its initial imputus, divorce almost always boils down to a struggle over the division of communal assets and who gets the children (and pets), if either are present.

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    Where does it stop?
    There's the million dollar question that I couldn't even begin to answer. It's getting way out of hand though.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Professional Poster

Id say after 18 years that yeah, she probably earned it..

But in situations like Anna Nicole Smith...what, thats was less then a year wasnt it?? NO WAY she earned that....

I think 5 million would have covered any therapy she needed afterwards from taking his old wrinkled cock.

I think there should be a time clause....Like after so many years invested you get so much of a return should you split. Sad to say, but then its 2007....Its a new $$$ world.

Rookie Poster

hey im from vegas...and mike is known as a stiff meaning HE DOES NOT TIP...so fuck him

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by keed444
    hey im from vegas...and mike is known as a stiff meaning HE DOES NOT TIP...so fuck him
    Tiger Woods is also known as a tightwad tipper.

Michael Jordan's philandering and selfish tight fisted money grubbing practices are legion. Yes, one might want to temper that previous statement with some media sensationalism at play because that certainly does happen, but there are just too many stories like this linked to him to simply ignore it or sweep it underneath the rug as coincidence.
    Beside his ties with Nike, my favorite story on him came from an article I read several years ago about him going to Virginia(?) to ostensibly aid the flood victims of that area at the time. His aid? Passing out Hanes underwear -- a company he endorses -- to the flood victims, some who supposedly were third cousins of him. Jordan is a hollow human being incapable of speaking about anything beyond basketball, much less recognizing where he came from and actually giving something back ala Warrick Dunn or Magic Johnson. Jim Brown, the former Cleveland running back great has been one of his harshish critics.

And, no, setting up a foundation for the Boys Club is not really giving back. It's a tax write off to hoard more of his millions. I hope Jaunita gets even more in some way. I can't feel and don't want to feel for him.

My rant for the day!