Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Ignoring that she is a transexual herself, quoting Ann Coulter on here is like bringing a copy of Mein Kampf to a Bar Mitzvah.

FK

Rookie Poster

they still give out F's in college? I thought that was only a rumor.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by tara
    And okay.. so you got your gun lawfully, and you proved you're sane and responsible enough to own it. It doesn't mean you can't go nuts later on in life. Just becuase someone doesn't have a criminal record doesn't mean that they aren't going to start one with thier gun.
    Tara you know I love you but this is one issue where we disagree

By your arguement if I am allowed to condense it down is basically we shouldn't be given the right to bear arms due to the fact we may go "war whacky" at a later date....ok....then if you get that rule then I want the ownership of cars by people who have either a family history of Alcohol abuse, or just has a beer once in their life based on they may drink and drive at a later date. Hell might as well ban all vehicles due to someone may take a drink at a point in their lives and drive later.

How about alcohol itself hell someone might get drunk and hurt someone.

that whole arguement to me is pure bunk. I respect people's rights to either have them legally or not to have them at all.

I do not believe in illegally purchasing weapons of any sort. I also support people having to go through a process to own a weapon. Much the same way people have to go through a process to drive a car. But plain and simple I do not support a ban on weapons because if that day ever comes...with the people we put in office.....we will simply cease to be citizens of the great experiment that is USA and become subjects to the dictatorship that will follow...

Quote Originally Posted by Tara
    Arming the students of a college campus is the must dumfuckass idea I've ever heard. I can just imagine a campus where the teacher would have to second guess giving a student an "F" if maybe he was packing heat.
    Yeah that is a pretty dumb Idea....any kneejerk reaction is....Think people Think

Btw Tara loved the Bad Habit pics......I just love naughty pics of Nuns...yummy...and your's were very naughty

Harmless_pervert

Sorry if i offended ye, no wait I am not sorry, being offended is your problem not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    I was up most of the night, so I just woke up and found out about this...America and guns, what is it with us, people?
    Way to go chefmike, way to turn this tragedy into a political statement. Only took you two posts to do so this time!

Quote Originally Posted by houstonshemalefan
    I was up most of the night, so I just woke up and found out about this...America and guns, what is it with us, people?
    Way to go chefmike, way to turn this tragedy into a political statement. Only took you two posts to do so this time!
    Everything like this has political ramifications... you can try to deny it or avoid it as much as you want but everytime anything like this happens, it is going to have lasting effects in terms of legeslation, lawsuits, theories and other such things.

At least this time the media doesn't seem to be blaming Doom 2 for the shooting.

Gold Poster

I'm not about to get immersed into this discussion, so label me what you will with this drive-by post, but the last thing this country needs is more fuel to the fire. More guns??? Are some of you shitting me?! Where does the insanity stop? The barn door has been open for a long time on the availability of guns in this country, hence it will be impossible to ever get this country's gun restriction laws in alignment with every other civilized industrialized country in curbing its thirst/taste for guns, but more fuckin' guns is definitely not the answer. The numbers of kids that die to gun violence in this country should be enough to wake one up that more guns is NOT the answer. I don't know what measures this country can take at this point, but turning it into one giant spagetti western isn't it.

...A few years out of high school, I had counted about 10 kids I had known who had died to gun violence. [rhetorical] How many of you who are advocating a more armed citizenry have seen a young man's brains strewn out on an asphalt street? I guess one has to see and feel the results firsthand to feel as I do.

And quoting Ann Coulter? ANN COULTER ??? I don't know if one can find a spokesperson with less credibility on ANY issue than Ann Coulter.

That's my rant for the day. I'm through!

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by houstonshemalefan
    so you people are suppose to ignore the fact it took that idiot 10 minutes(you wait on dry cleaning longer then that) to buy those gun or the mentally ill can buy them without any form of checkup,his statement or question is valid,america and its right to bare arms policies should be questioned so something can prevent this from ever happening again.

If some crazy kid really wants to kill multiple people, gun availbility doesn't do anything to help prevent or encourage the situation.

Outlaw guns and there will still be blackmarket sources... more pricey, sure... but they will be there and the criminals will still have them.

But realistically, this guy could have just gone into a crowded part of the school and blown himself up- killing as many (if not more) people, quicker, and more effectively. Killing multiple people does not require technology designed for that task.

There simply is no reason to believe that this guy 1- wouldn't have been able to get a gun if our gun laws were more strict, 2- wouldn't have been able to conduct the same disaster, with some other method of killing people.

If you wanna talk about prevention... look at all the warning signs this guy had that were either ignored, or went no where. The mental health related treatment, the stalking, etc... had he been more extensively cared for from a mental health field, perhaps things would not have gone this far.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Quote Originally Posted by Mugai_hentaisha
    Tara you know I love you but this is one issue where we disagree

By your arguement if I am allowed to condense it down is basically we shouldn't be given the right to bear arms due to the fact we may go "war whacky" at a later date....ok....then if you get that rule then I want the ownership of cars by people who have either a family history of Alcohol abuse, or just has a beer once in their life based on they may drink and drive at a later date. Hell might as well ban all vehicles due to someone may take a drink at a point in their lives and drive later.

How about alcohol itself hell someone might get drunk and hurt someone.

that whole arguement to me is pure bunk. I respect people's rights to either have them legally or not to have them at all.

I do not believe in illegally purchasing weapons of any sort. I also support people having to go through a process to own a weapon. Much the same way people have to go through a process to drive a car. But plain and simple I do not support a ban on weapons because if that day ever comes...with the people we put in office.....we will simply cease to be citizens of the great experiment that is USA and become subjects to the dictatorship that will follow...

Yes, people should jump through hoops to own a gun.. Also, I don't know if there are bigger restrictions on bigger and more destructive guns, I assume there are, but sometimes I wonder. Let's be frank, the 2nd Amendment was written at a time when a gun was either a flint-lock pistol or a musket, which I think anybody has a right to own. I know in my heart that if the founding fathers knew what guns were going to turn into (machine guns, assault rifles, high caliber killing machines), then maybe they would have had some doubts or at least limitations on giving people the right.

I totally reject the notion that taking the guns out of the hands of citizens means that were putting them in the hands of the goverment and that is all leading to a dictatorship. I hear Bill O say that kind of crap, that "the secular progressives want to take your gun and keep it for themselves to subjugate you", which is nonsense. I want to reduce the amount of guns for everyone, including law enforcement. I saw one of these "catch a predator" shows on MSNBC last night and it took place in Florida or some state that had a concealed gun law.. The cops had to be extra brutal and lightning quick arresting these guys because they might have had a gun (legally). And MSNBC wasn't even making a point about or against that, but it gave me the feeling that if I get stopped for speeding in Florida, I might have a cop kill a gun on me first things first, because he can't take the chance that I might be armed. If that's not a sign of the "impending dictatorship" - in this case brought about by too many guns, then I don't know what is.

Everybody should be able to own the sort of guns that can incapacitate someone, not blow their head off in one shot, or take out multiple people.. And there should be limits to how many guns you can own. What one person need a huge arsenal of weapons unless they intend on going into a school or public place and playing real-life Doom?

-Tara

Professional Poster

These events that keep occurring at increasing rates have very traceable roots. Everyone is concentrating on the weapons when it is the people that we consistently turn out that are the problem!
    We are so caught up in GREED, the number one problem in America. Parents want to work. It's not fashionable to stay at home and raise your own kids--- so you let day care and the state and psychologists do it. We medicate our children because it's easy. The "conditions" that kids have are not new, we've just allowed Pharmaceutical companies to convince us that these new acronyms can only be cured by drugs, that make them rich.
    If parents and all adults ( it takes a whole village to raise a child) would take the responsibility to raise our children with discipline and respect, and we'd stop letting these new age psycho babble "take a time out" politically correct pansies tell us what's good for a child, this crap would diminish.
    I'm so fuckin' tired of parents not accepting responsibility for their demon seed. These people admitted to knowing their child was troubled, but did nothing! Every parent knows damn well when they have a psychotic kid---if they don't they're a fuckin' sorry assed parent and should be held accountable. Having a kid is serious, and until people realize that raising that child is more important than getting that promotion or a benz OR ANYTHING YOU WANT FOR YOURSELF, these tragedies will continue.
    No legislation will ever change this. You have to change people!!!