Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatar Wars!

Default Avatar Wars!

A while back, I started a thread on avatars, and the people who put way too much thought into them. Mine isn't exceptionally cool or clever, but I'm content. But while I'm being a crusty ol' stick in the mud ( a couple of decades before my time), avatars are changing all around us, faster than you can say QWERTY. And while I expressed some admiration for suckseed's rather understated and classy dog photo, and Kabuki's kill-'em-with-cuteness gif, I have to say there's a new king of the avatars, in my opinion-- Wombat33 for the retro-cubefarm-surrealism of Pac Guy. Brilliant. As for LG, he had to go and use the thread as an excuse to change his avatar into that hooded toad-thing that striked me as a the mental image every gal on the site has of every interested-in-tgirls guy on the site. But that's just me. And I'm not even going to mention suckseed's new one. It's a bit too Free-Mustache-Rides-trucker-cap for me.

Avatars change, and what's worse, threads on them are instantly obsolete. Still, it's a fun little pissing match, isn't it?

Oh, and I've always been kinda impressed with Bearded One's aggressively old school icon.

Post your favorite icon. And defend it, preferably using high-flown academic rhetoric. That should provide a lot of additional laughs. Here's a fun starter-- to me it's all about the tourist in the white miniskirt...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hermaph01_737.jpg 
Views:	1098 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	90518  

Man, am I forgetful. I forgot to post my new favorite avatar....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5 Star Poster

Default Re: Avatar Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTwo
    As for LG, he had to go and use the thread as an excuse to change his avatar into that hooded toad-thing
    Well, it was time for a change. Time to move on. No time to stagnate.

that striked me as a the mental image every gal on the site has of every interested-in-tgirls guy on the site. But that's just me.
    Yep, it is just you. I think it's a funny pic.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Default Re: Avatar Wars!

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTwo
    A while back, I started a thread on avatars, and the people who put way too much thought into them. Mine isn't exceptionally cool or clever, but I'm content. But while I'm being a crusty ol' stick in the mud ( a couple of decades before my time), avatars are changing all around us, faster than you can say QWERTY. And while I expressed some admiration for suckseed's rather understated and classy dog photo, and Kabuki's kill-'em-with-cuteness gif, I have to say there's a new king of the avatars, in my opinion-- Wombat33 for the retro-cubefarm-surrealism of Pac Guy. Brilliant. As for LG, he had to go and use the thread as an excuse to change his avatar into that hooded toad-thing that striked me as a the mental image every gal on the site has of every interested-in-tgirls guy on the site. But that's just me. And I'm not even going to mention suckseed's new one. It's a bit too Free-Mustache-Rides-trucker-cap for me.

Avatars change, and what's worse, threads on them are instantly obsolete. Still, it's a fun little pissing match, isn't it?

Oh, and I've always been kinda impressed with Bearded One's aggressively old school icon.

Post your favorite icon. And defend it, preferably using high-flown academic rhetoric. That should provide a lot of additional laughs. Here's a fun starter-- to me it's all about the tourist in the white miniskirt...

Very kind of you to notice. I got a kick out of it too. I find alot of giid things on tinypic.com.

Thanks for saying something nice. What a good feeling.

GOOD THINGS

stukaz29 Veteran Poster stukaz29's Avatar

In your post "the sleeping Hermaphrodite" from Louvre in Paris but there is another one in Rome (Museo Nazionale Romano-Palazzo Massimo).

Name:	hermaphrodite_from_palazzo_massimo_rome_152.jpg 
Views:	975 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	90555   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hermaphrodite_from_lovre_paris_191.jpg 
Views:	981 
Size:	586.1 KB 
ID:	90556  

Below is an avatar image that I use on some forums. I created it myself using a Mandelbrot fractal program.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Boys will be girls.

Author (under a nom de plume) of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Dec. 4, 2011, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1337761 ; Theophysics, http://theophysics.freevar.com .

Professional Poster

how about a thread on idiots who can't resize picture before posting them?

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

stukaz29 Veteran Poster stukaz29's Avatar

I didn't realise It was so big.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    how about a thread on idiots who can't resize picture before posting them?

Thank you Kriss........so annoying to have to scroll

White_Male_Canada wrote:
    I like toping Tgirls aka chicks with dicks. I also like being topped by men. Makes me feel like a panywaist after but it feels so good.

Awr, shux, thanx.

To those that don't know: The pic in my av is of Norton I, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico. Like myself, Joshua Norton was an eccentric, but one who took it to the next level, declaring himself Emperor and issuing proclaimations to the people. One of which directed the cities of San Francisco and Oakland to build a bridge to link themselves (Leading, in recent months, those cities to consider renaming the Oakland-Bay Bridge in his honor). While many considered him to be a crackpot (Which is why I so identify with him; another 'Bearded One'), he issued his own money (A form of scrip/promissory note), stopped a race riot single-handedly, and gained such notoriety that thousands attended his funeral.

It is often said that "No one understood Emperor Norton" yet, when he collapsed and died on a street in San Francisco in 1880, cables from Czar Alexander III of Russia and Queen Victoria were discovered in his pocket.

Norton was a bit whacked, I'm sure, but I =know= he was into T-gurls. He had to be.

Name:	image002_191.jpg 
Views:	755 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	90592  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell