Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default What would you do if You Were Invisible?

What would you do if you were invisible? To many people this is a fun question to throw around in the presence of friends. For some, the answer might be related to satisfying a lusty dream; for others the answer might steer more towards getting sweet and covert retribution; while still for others the answer might lead to sly plans for imperceptible financial gain.

What if this question were to suddenly gain some significance and feasibility? With recent talks of actually making invisibility a reality, this fun question could actually become a real issue for people and their governments to consider.

It has recently been reported that researchers in the United States and England are confident that they understand, in theory, how to create an invisibility cloak, similar to the one that Harry Potter received from his father. They have already begun to work out the basics of the concept, and are asking for help in developing the actual components that would be used to create this invisible cloak.

The materials required would, of course, be man-made. Essentially, the materials would drive light and other types of electromagnetic radiation around the person or object that the cloak is wrapped around. The idea is similar to a river's water flowing around a smooth rock. Light and other forms of electromagnetic radiation would hit the invisibility cloak and be diverted around it, making the person or object quite literally invisible.

"Is it science fiction? Well, it's a theory and that already is not science fiction," said Professor Sir John Pendry, a theoretical physicist at Imperial College London. "It's theoretically possible to do all these Harry Potter things, but what's standing in the way is our engineering capabilities."

Pendry was the first person to think of the idea of metamaterials, which are objects that gain their material properties from its structure instead of the materials that they are made of. He and some of his associates proposed using metamaterials to create an invisibility cloak since they can be tuned and tweaked to shift electromagnetic radiation in any direction. Metamaterials would not reflect light or cast a shadow.

Nader Engheta, a professor of electrical and systems engineering at the University of Pennsylvania, has worked on invisibility using metamaterials. "This is a very interesting science and a very interesting idea and it is supported on a great mathematical and physical basis," Engheta said.

No invisibility cloak has been made yet, but early testing of invisibility technology that can hide microwaves and other types of electromagnetic radiation could be just 18 months away, according to Pendry. "We will have a cloak after not too long."

Pendry also pointed out that "cloak" could be a misleading moniker for the concept. "To be realistic, it's going to be fairly thick. Cloak is a misnomer. 'Shield' might be more appropriate," he said.

Though the idea is appealing to almost any human being, whether they have thought of the possibility or not, it is unlikely that everyday people would be the first to adopt and make use of the technology, or if they ever will at all. The most obvious application for an invisibility cloak would be the use of the technology by military agencies, making the proposed project an enterprise that should receive the support and financial aid of governments around the globe. The Pentagon's Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (or DARPA) has already voiced their support for the research.

So what would you do if You Were Invisible?

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Rookie Poster

I would hide in your shower....lol

IF LOOKS COULD KILL, DEATH WOULD BE MY NAME.........

Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRONXBODY
    I would hide in your shower....lol
    LOL.. Sweet..as long as I get to hide in your room! :P

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Junior Poster

I would steal the answers to my final exams

I would follow Channing Tatum around EVERYWHERE

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

that's easy, it would be living out a life-long fantasy of mine.

I'd hang out in the woman's fitting rooms at Macy's.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

1) It would be fun to drive invisible just to see the look on people's faces in traffic.
    2) I'd like to go to the Santa Monica Promenade, hold a $100 bill in the air, and have people chase the "floating $100 bill."
    3) Go to Gloria Alred's office and lay a Peter North size streamer all over her face just so I can see her look of outrage.
    4) Show up a place that is having a Sopranos viewing party tonight and change the channel when something good was about to happen and watch the riot begin.
    5) I could finally go to 7969 without worrying about being caught.

Junior Poster

Assuming I could walk through doors and walls too, I would follow any sexy girl I see on the street.

And I would invite myself to every VIP party in New York, Los Angeles and Miami.

Junior Poster

I would quite sincerely and without reservation mess with the heads of those who messed with mine when I transitioned.

Then I'd become visible again a week later and never look back.

Being invisible would be very lonely though. There was a very moving Twighlight Zone episode where a guy was invisible for something like a year, and afterwards he was so repentant for his wrongs and loved people once again.

I'd go to the Brookline Municipal Court and turn the tape recorders on during the hearings, just to fuck with them.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell