Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MystiquEvolution
    I originally felt Angela Basset would have been a perfect Storm too, but after thinking about it, Iman would have been much better.

What the hell happened to Storm's accent for the movie?
    Angela is not popular like Halle. Iman would've been perfect, but she doesn't act much. Kinda older as well, but that wouldn't matter. She's a beautiful black woman, and the ages were changed in the X series anyways.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Yeah, I noticed those cameos. Why did he sue?
    When Perlman and Icahn broke the original Marvel corporate entity it also collapsed all of the standing contracts that the original corporation formed. This inlcuded Stan's percentage of box office revenues of Spiderman and any other film projects that the company had bought into.

He (Or his corporate enitty) then sued the Phoenix-like MEG (Formed from the ashes by the billionaire comics fans that laid claim to the lion's share of post-bankruptcy stock warrants) for his rightful share of the proceeds from the films that the new Marvel was beginning to release after the Perlman/Icahn crash.

I haven't followed the subsequent details, but am assuming there was an amicable settlement or else he wouldn't be doing the walk-ons in all of the films since then. Unless he's really desperate for cash, at scale.
    Stan Lee earns 1Million$ per annum as "chairman emeritus" from marvel.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap
    comic book movies plain suck.....there are just a couple exceptions (1st and last batman....2nd spidey and first tmnt)....this is coming from someone with a pretty nice comic collection...
    Keaton was spot on as Batman. Best casting job by far.

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MystiquEvolution
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Quote Originally Posted by franks
    X-men (good casting, except Halle Berry as Storm. Character was too weak, Angela Basset would've been a better choice in my opinion.
    IMAN

nuff said
    I originally felt Angela Basset would have been a perfect Storm too, but after thinking about it, Iman would have been much better.

What the hell happened to Storm's accent for the movie?
    Iman and Angela Basset have stronger presences, better builds and better facial structures to make the character work. Btw, Angela is probably the better actor.

I agree, I don't see Robert Downey or Terrance Howard in those two roles. Robert Downey is far from the millionare playboy industrialist look. Terrance Howard, is an even worse choice. Rhodes was a bodygaurd, ex mercenary type. But, Nick Cage did a great job on Ghost Rider.

Quote Originally Posted by zerrrr
    Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap
    comic book movies plain suck.....there are just a couple exceptions (1st and last batman....2nd spidey and first tmnt)....this is coming from someone with a pretty nice comic collection...
    Keaton was spot on as Batman. Best casting job by far.
    I can recall the many complaints about Keaton being casted as Batman. Mr. Mom as Batman?!...those were the headlines, but he was actually good in the role.

Angela would have made a perfect Storm. She can actually act. Halle never impressed me in that role.