Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Superman Returns was pretty decent

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Quote Originally Posted by hollywoodbuckstrap
    comic book movies plain suck.....there are just a couple exceptions (1st and last batman....2nd spidey and first tmnt)....this is coming from someone with a pretty nice comic collection...
    The powers-that-be need to do a little more focus-group study in NY and San Diego during the month of July.

Oh, all you comic fans: The USPS is balancing out last year's DC stamp issue with one for Marvel this year, to be released in...You guessed it: July.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Hollywood knows how to mess up a good thing. Nothing will change about that, but every so often you get a decent film. The first two Batman movies weren't bad. Even the recent Batman movie was ok. I'm hoping Spider-Man 3 is as good, or even better than Spider-Man 2.

Junior Poster

I've been collecting comics for thirty years or so. (since I was about eight) It just seems to be difficult to translate what's in a comic book onto the big screen. Two different mediums. Other problems: Direction, Production and Change of the original plot. Super hero films always try to make the unbelievable into the believable. They modify the original plot so it can make sense to the real world. Example: Doctor Doom wasn't in the spaceship with the Fantastic Four in the original story. It takes a leap of faith to enjoy fantastic stories like comic books anyway, so why not make the movie as fantastic as the comic book. They should use Stan Lee as a consultant out of respect for his original creations, also to produce a better product.

Good movies (in my opinion)
    Blade 1
    Batman 1966 (campy, but top notch actor-villians)
    Batman (Jack Nicholson Michael Keaton)
    Batman Begins
    Spider-man 1 & 2 Willem Defoe played his role well, the costume sucked though. Should of used a rubber mask instead.
    Superman 1 & 2
    X-men (good casting, except Halle Berry as Storm. Character was too weak, Angela Basset would've been a better choice in my opinion.

They should use Stan Lee as a consultant out of respect for his original creations, also to produce a better product.
    Instead, they use him as an extra:

The hotdog vendor in X-Men 1
    Man in Times Square in Spiderman 1
    Security Guard in The Hulk
    Pedestrian in Daredevil
    Mailman Willy Lumkin in Fantastic Four.

Y'know, he sued them over Spiderman 1?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by franks
    X-men (good casting, except Halle Berry as Storm. Character was too weak, Angela Basset would've been a better choice in my opinion.
    IMAN

nuff said

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Quote Originally Posted by franks
    IMAN

nuff said
    IMAN

nuff said
    even better.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    They should use Stan Lee as a consultant out of respect for his original creations, also to produce a better product.
    Instead, they use him as an extra:

The hotdog vendor in X-Men 1
    Man in Times Square in Spiderman 1
    Security Guard in The Hulk
    Pedestrian in Daredevil
    Mailman Willy Lumkin in Fantastic Four.

Y'know, he sued them over Spiderman 1?
    Yeah, I noticed those cameos. Why did he sue?

Yeah, I noticed those cameos. Why did he sue?
    When Perlman and Icahn broke the original Marvel corporate entity it also collapsed all of the standing contracts that the original corporation formed. This inlcuded Stan's percentage of box office revenues of Spiderman and any other film projects that the company had bought into.

He (Or his corporate enitty) then sued the Phoenix-like MEG (Formed from the ashes by the billionaire comics fans that laid claim to the lion's share of post-bankruptcy stock warrants) for his rightful share of the proceeds from the films that the new Marvel was beginning to release after the Perlman/Icahn crash.

I haven't followed the subsequent details, but am assuming there was an amicable settlement or else he wouldn't be doing the walk-ons in all of the films since then. Unless he's really desperate for cash, at scale.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    Oh, all you comic fans: The USPS is balancing out last year's DC stamp issue with one for Marvel this year, to be released in...You guessed it: July.
    Yeh, they were nice stamps, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkeye, Aquaman,
    Plastic Man, and the usual cast of characters, Batman, Superman,
    Wonderwoman.

Marvel has really spawned alot of movies. while the DC crew can't even
    get themselves arrested, other than Batman and Superman.

But as to Morton Downey Jr. as Anthony Stark aka Iron Man, I don't see it.