Junior Poster

Default Golden Age of TS Video

I am a rookie and overwhelmed at finding such an amazing forum so I apologize for this first lengthy spouting, but it has been in my brain for some time and now I can let it out. It is amazing to live in the golden age of TS video.
    I bought my first VHS machine the day after I discovered that the TSEncounters series was being released on video. I'm a geezer. Since then I mark time in the evolution of TS video. Through the mid-late 90s I now regard as the desert. I was a big fan of Dana Douglass, Lolita, Lony Brown, Morelle, China Kitty, Kare Dior and some of the other startlets of the era. Prior to the early 90s there were precious few TS or TV releases, sometimes 4 or 5 videos a year. Most of the videos had poor production values, the 'girls' ranged from thinly veiled TVs to hags with the exception of the above and a few others, the sex scenes were poor and the 'girls' were limp and the duplication quality was fair to miserable. There was a breath of fresh air in the early nineties when Cinderella released 16 features starring Stasha, easily the most gorgeous transsexual of that era. Her features were better than the standard fair, but sadly she was lost to leukemia just as her star was rising, and the genre was again reduced to mediocrity. I bought every release I became aware of (I subscribed to AVN and patronized several mail order houses) but for most of the balance of the nineties there were few releases and the quality was mediocre.
    In the late nineties the genre blossomed. First there was the deluge of releases of Brazilian Shemale releases on Sunshine, then the first releases of the hallmark series' like Rogue Adventures, TS Beauty Queens, TS Prostitutes followed by TS Gangbangers and Heartbreakers and the rest. As the new millenium set sail we had numerous series of great videos with delicious new dolls, smoking hot sex, great production values with sexual variety that far eclipsed the videos of the early years. Where you once could list the top starlets on an index card it now took a digital database to keep up with the list. In twenty years I bought almost every release and saw 5 or 6 facials, now it's not unusual to see that many in one video. I once made a 'comp' tape of the best sex scenes over twenty years and timed the 'penetration' shots on that 2 hour tape at about ten minutes.....today the best scenes each have that much. Where I used to pay $35 to $50 for anything related to TS or TV smut on poor quality VHS transfers, today you can get smoking hot DVD quality for little more than the cost of postage. The releases in any given month now are hotter, sexier and more alluring than EVERYTHING released between 1980 and 1997 in total. I now have over 600 videos, 2500 scenes, more TS video than I would have thought would be released in a century. There are the high quality Ameican releases from superior houses like Evil and Elegant Angel, Androgeny, Devils Films, Gia Darling and others and the smoking hot stuff from Brazil. It finally dawned on me at one point that there MUST be European TS video, and there it was.....releases from Channel 69 and Caffe Italia and other studios with dolls like Caroline and Eva and Erika and other gorgeous would-be ladies. Yum!
    I don't mean any disrespect to the pioneers in the industry, the hotties like Dana and Lolita and Chloe and Morelle and Cassandra and the others, but let's face it....THESE are the good old days. You guys who are just wetting your taste don't know how lucky you are.
    Vaniity. Barbie. Vicky Richter. Carmen Cruz. Giselle. Danielle. Shawna. Mary Anne. Fabiola. Dayanne. Claudia. Samantha. Fernanda. Sarah. Paloma. Paula. It's like Miss Universe with hard cocks gone wild.

we're always a step out of time,
    now ain't that a shame

My eyes! Paragraphs, please!

Other than that, tsafficianado, that was a great post.

I remember seeing Morelle and Julie Bond in early mags that I got in the mail, but only just began seeing the vids at the very doorstep of your 'Golden Age'.

I envy you and your vid collection.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell