Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default Transgender Populus?

Does anyone have an idea, a census of sort of how many TG's live in the US? Was listening to a radio program and the topic came up and their discussion centered around 1500 in the US...seems very low?

Junior Poster

That CAN'T be true. Only 1,500? That would be...only 30 living in each state? Seems way too low to me.

While if I could go back in time and change things, God knows I would, I also realize that such a thing is impossible. So I just have to move on with my life and make sure that I come out the other side a better person. That’s all there is too it.

Default Re: Transgender Populus?

Quote Originally Posted by ottorocket
    Does anyone have an idea, a census of sort of how many TG's live in the US? Was listening to a radio program and the topic came up and their discussion centered around 1500 in the US...seems very low?
    tg's or ts's? There are probably many tens of thousands of tvs in the country.

1500- for either, is uber low.

Estimates range widely as it's very hard to get valid statistics. I've read various estimates from various sources (some of which have been discussed on HA, iirc), ranging from 1:30,000 to 1:5 (the first seems extremely low, the second absurdly high; the most credible estimates range between 1:250 to 1:3000). Lynn Conway (http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw...successes.html) estimates 30-40,000 post-op TS in the US; she also has the figure of 50,000 TS in Malaysia (a country of 22 million). Due to differing social attitudes, estimates of the TS population in a country like Thailand are probably much more accurate than in the US, where so many are stealth. Thailand's 300,000 translates to 1:206; I doubt that the US ratio of TS to the general population is nearly as great, but 1:3000 seems reasonable (+/- 100,000). It's frustrating though to search for any real data relative to the US demongraphics because there is so little hard data to work with.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Estimates range widely as it's very hard to get valid statistics. I've read various estimates from various sources (some of which have been discussed on HA, iirc), ranging from 1:30,000 to 1:5 (the first seems extremely low, the second absurdly high; the most credible estimates range between 1:250 to 1:3000). Lynn Conway (http://ai.eecs.umich.edu/people/conw...successes.html) estimates 30-40,000 post-op TS in the US; she also has the figure of 50,000 TS in Malaysia (a country of 22 million). Due to differing social attitudes, estimates of the TS population in a country like Thailand are probably much more accurate than in the US, where so many are stealth. Thailand's 300,000 translates to 1:206; I doubt that the US ratio of TS to the general population is nearly as great, but 1:3000 seems reasonable (+/- 100,000). It's frustrating though to search for any real data relative to the US demongraphics because there is so little hard data to work with.
    thx ecstatic...yeah the #'s are difficult to pin down

Junior Poster

Who knows 1500 could be right cause they could be concentrated in certain cities (e.g. New York, Los Angeles...) and not very common in the smaller states (perhaps where ppl are less open to it) and perhaps that is why it seems like it should be more. But I do wonder which cities have the most transexuals. My guess would be New York or Los Angeles???

Quote Originally Posted by lahabra1976
    Who knows 1500 could be right cause they could be concentrated in certain cities (e.g. New York, Los Angeles...) and not very common in the smaller states (perhaps where ppl are less open to it) and perhaps that is why it seems like it should be more. But I do wonder which cities have the most transexuals. My guess would be New York or Los Angeles???
    The twin cities have alot too, but they're smaller cities...

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

How prevalent are transgender people?

It is difficult to accurately estimate the prevalence of transgender people
    in Western countries. As many as 2-3% of biological males engage in
    cross-dressing, at least occasionally. Current estimates of the prevalence
    of transsexualism are about 1 in 10,000 for biological males and 1 in
    30,000 for biological females. The number of people in other transgender
    categories is unknown.

Source: http://www.apa.org/topics/transgender.html

http://www.hungangels.com/board/view...&highlight=apa

There are some statistics on my news page in an article at the bottom of the page entitled
    "How common is the birth of physically intersexed children?
    1 in 1500 to 1 in 2000 births"

The page is here
    http://www.orangecountytranssexuals....emale_News.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nadia_1375_209.jpg 
Views:	961 
Size:	199.5 KB 
ID:	89538  

Nadia Valentine site:

www.Shemale-Listing.com New and Improved in 2011

1500 t's in the whole USA? there's probably 1500 in Jackson Heights.