5 Star Poster

Default W. KICKS NANCY'S ASSAD(NYPost)

W. KICKS NANCY'S ASSAD

April 4, 2007 -- WASHINGTON - President Bush yesterday blasted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for cavorting with Syrian strongman Bashar Assad, saying her visit makes the "sponsor of terror" seem like a respected member of the international community.

"We have made it clear to high-ranking officials, whether they be Republicans or Democrats, that going to Syria sends mixed signals - signals in the region and, of course, mixed signals to President Assad," Bush said during a news conference in the White House Rose Garden.

"And by that, I mean photo opportunities and/or meetings with President Assad lead the Assad government to believe they're part of the mainstream of the international community, when, in fact, they're a state sponsor of terror." http://www.nypost.com/index.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pelositerroristassad_197.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	200.6 KB 
ID:	89418  

When people abandon the truth, they don’t believe in nothing, they believe in anything.

Junior Poster

Under her and Hillary the forced Islamafication of the United States will occur...

Junior Poster

The dems sure are pissing off the White House with this trip.

Hahahaaaaa!!!

"Yes but, what if she fells in love with him... You know women."
    -Ali G-

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pelosiassad_101.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	89510  

5 Star Poster

The dems sure are pissing off the White House with this trip.

Hahahaaaaa!!!
    So Pelosi, the great feminist wore a hejab. A symbol of suppression and submission of females. Pelosi wore it on the street as well as in a mosque but removed it for the photo op. Some feminist.

The damage she is causing by her actions will only set back simple equal rights in islamic countries as well as the propaganda victory for the terrorist dictatorship of Assad.

When people abandon the truth, they don’t believe in nothing, they believe in anything.

Junior Poster

I had a problem with that too. Islam is not a liberating religion at all and Pelosi basically gave up her rights and wore a hijab. "Well it was a sign of respect!!' Bullshit. Islam does not respect you why respect it mam? As I have said on this forum before my family is FROM a muslim nation and believe me Islam is not a liberating, peaceful or happy relgion at all.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by XPBMX
    I had a problem with that too. Islam is not a liberating religion at all and Pelosi basically gave up her rights and wore a hijab. "Well it was a sign of respect!!' Bullshit. Islam does not respect you why respect it mam? As I have said on this forum before my family is FROM a muslim nation and believe me Islam is not a liberating, peaceful or happy relgion at all.
    It gets worse.This from leftwing WaPo:

Pratfall in Damascus
    Nancy Pelosi's foolish shuttle diplomacy

Thursday, April 5, 2007; A16

HOUSE SPEAKER Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) offered an excellent demonstration yesterday of why members of Congress should not attempt to supplant the secretary of state when traveling abroad. After a meeting with Syrian dictator Bashar al-Assad in Damascus, Ms. Pelosi announced that she had delivered a message from Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert that "Israel was ready to engage in peace talks" with Syria. What's more, she added, Mr. Assad was ready to "resume the peace process" as well. Having announced this seeming diplomatic breakthrough, Ms. Pelosi suggested that her Kissingerian shuttle diplomacy was just getting started. "We expressed our interest in using our good offices in promoting peace between Israel and Syria," she said.

Only one problem: The Israeli prime minister entrusted Ms. Pelosi with no such message. "What was communicated to the U.S. House Speaker does not contain any change in the policies of Israel," said a statement quickly issued by the prime minister's office. In fact, Mr. Olmert told Ms. Pelosi that "a number of Senate and House members who recently visited Damascus received the impression that despite the declarations of Bashar Assad, there is no change in the position of his country regarding a possible peace process with Israel." In other words, Ms. Pelosi not only misrepresented Israel's position but was virtually alone in failing to discern that Mr. Assad's words were mere propaganda.

...any diplomat with knowledge of the region could have told Ms. Pelosi, Mr. Assad is a corrupt thug whose overriding priority at the moment is not peace with Israel but heading off U.N. charges that he orchestrated the murder of former Lebanese prime minister Rafiq al-Hariri. The really striking development here is the attempt by a Democratic congressional leader to substitute her own foreign policy for that of a sitting Republican president. Two weeks ago Ms. Pelosi rammed legislation through the House of Representatives that would strip Mr. Bush of his authority as commander in chief to manage troop movements in Iraq. Now she is attempting to introduce a new Middle East policy that directly conflicts with that of the president...Ms. Pelosi's attempt to establish a shadow presidency is not only counterproductive, it is foolish.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...402306_pf.html

Junior Poster

Olmert has been sucking up Bush since he is at the head of the Israeli sate.
    Fuck him. Who knows what is said behind closed doors. Pelosi is learning a diplomacy lesson as I see it.

Pelosi, the great feminist wore a hejab. A symbol of suppression and submission of females. Pelosi wore it on the street as well as in a mosque but removed it for the photo op. Some feminist.
    Yeah... I'm with you on this one.

Still, dialogue is in any way far better than dropping bombs.
    You don't bring democracy with M1 Abrams.

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by North_of_60
    Olmert has been sucking up Bush since he is at the head of the Israeli sate.
    Fuck him. Who knows what is said behind closed doors. Pelosi is learning a diplomacy lesson as I see it.

Pelosi, the great feminist wore a hejab. A symbol of suppression and submission of females. Pelosi wore it on the street as well as in a mosque but removed it for the photo op. Some feminist.
    Yeah... I'm with you on this one.

Still, dialogue is in any way far better than dropping bombs.
    You don't bring democracy with M1 Abrams.

Assad is a dictator and major sponsor of terrorism. He`s not interested in sharing power.

So you would agree that the House should supplant the State Department, the President and the Constitution and take over foreign policy !? The US has separation of powers enshrined in their Constitution. It isn`t our Parliament or the UK House of Commons. Legally Pelosi cannot do what she is doing, Logan Act and all that kind of stuff.

It got worse. She went to Saudi Arabia, toured the advisory council but only when it was empty because ' women cannot drive, face restrictions in the workplace and hold no high positions of public office.'

Pelosi takes chair in empty all-male Saudi council
    Thu Apr 5, 2007 10:52am ET

RIYADH (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi visited Saudi Arabia's appointed advisory council on Thursday, taking a chance to sit on the speaker's chair in the all-male house -- while it was empty.

"It's a nice view from here," Pelosi, who this year became the first woman speaker of the U.S. Congress, said inside the empty room where 150 men appointed by the king debate laws and make recommendations to the cabinet....Thursday is a rest day for the house, the Shura Council...
    Women cannot drive, face restrictions in the workplace and hold no high positions of public office, which is how clerics of Saudi Arabia's strict form of Islam say things should remain.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articl...src=rss&rpc=22

Junior Poster

Forget the Logan Act. Pelosi went on a trip to Middle-East. She did not engage in any legal stuff.

Since Bush went POTUS, the foreign policy of the US has never been so fucked up. At least someone his showing a clever attitude. This is not submission or defeat, this is dialogue. Like it or not, Syria needs to be taken seriously and not only demonized.

As for the Saudis, of course they won't show. They better like to hide behind their billions of petrodollars and pretend they are supporting the White House while financing the Sunnites insurection in Irak.

Fun to see Tehran and Washington both supporting a Shiite government in Baghdad.

Fucked up, I said.

And I do wish a woman at the head of the US. You'll see the dark princes of oil crawling out and eating in her hands.