Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deviant Art?

stillies77

Default Deviant Art?

Anyone here have a deviant art or ever go on deviant art?

if you wanna check it out go here

www.deviantart.com

Rookie Poster

Deviant art has a lot of great work by people everywhere. They offer a lot of exposure for artists who don't always know how to get their work "out there"

My ex used to go to their "Dark Art" section to download wallpapers. I've been a fan for years

" Just because you dress like a Christian, doesn't mean you are one. You may look the part, but the similarities stop there"

Default Re: Deviant Art?

Quote Originally Posted by stillies77
    Anyone here have a deviant art or ever go on deviant art?

if you wanna check it out go here

www.deviantart.com
    I tend to avoid the site. I wouldn't get anything done if I checked it out daily. Too much great art Are you on the site stilles?

stillies77

yeah im just started to add stuff to it though so right now its only got a third of my stuff on there...however i just put my new real quick turtles sketch i did in sharpie up...if you wanna check it out

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51773263/

Rookie Poster

I heart art...maybe I shoud post mine once my website is up?

Stillies, I went to your link and saw some of your other work...Do you want to work for a comic company one day or is it just a casual hobby?

" Just because you dress like a Christian, doesn't mean you are one. You may look the part, but the similarities stop there"

stillies77

i would love to work for a comic company!

Rookie Poster

Your work a has a little manga flare to it. There's a huge market for that style of work; have you submitted to anyone yet?

Rookie Poster

If you're bored, check out my origami gallery at http://mylon.deviantart.com

stillies77

Quote Originally Posted by Your_Best_Kept_Secret
    Your work a has a little manga flare to it. There's a huge market for that style of work; have you submitted to anyone yet?
    I show some of my stuff to some of the big names at conventions and they offer me advice here and there but other than that nahh not really.

PS

Updated my Deviant Art page just now with 2 new Turtles pieces hehe.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by stillies77
    Quote Originally Posted by Your_Best_Kept_Secret
    I show some of my stuff to some of the big names at conventions and they offer me advice here and there but other than that nahh not really.

PS

Updated my Deviant Art page just now with 2 new Turtles pieces hehe.
    I recently went to a convention in Orlando and had a great weekend selling my stuff at a table. Maybe you could invest in one, one time to see if there is indeed a market for your work. Judging on how well you are recieved might give you the gumption to persue it.

The table I had was only 50 bucks for three days and I am sure the price varies from place to place, but if you at least break even and make some good connections, it's not a total loss.