Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: The I Hate Tarantino Club

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuki
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyTwo
    I wouldn't mind keeping the thread going, though. And what about Rodriguez? El Mariachi was a fantastic B movie, but has he done anything of genuine interest since?
    I've never been too impressed with Rodriguez. Desperado was good though. . . .
    I still think From Dusk Till Dawn is his best work. You should definitely check out El Mariachi. It will help you to see Desperado from a different perspective.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I wouldn't mind keeping the thread going, though. And what about Rodriguez? El Mariachi was a fantastic B movie, but has he done anything of genuine interest since?
    I still think From Dusk Till Dawn is his best work. You should definitely check out El Mariachi. It will help you to see Desperado from a different perspective.

-Quinn
    I've avoided Dusk for one big reason-- Tarantino "acts" in it. That's something I didn't even get into in my criticism of the guy, but at least he's spared the public any work in front of the camera for the last decade.

And I've avoided Desperado for the very reason that it's a prequel/big-budget remake of El Mariachi. What made his debut so great was how much he managed to accomplish on a shoestring-- it was very inventive. I was a little concerned that given a blank check, he'd just ruin everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn

-Quinn
    I've avoided Dusk for one big reason-- Tarantino "acts" in it. That's something I didn't even get into in my criticism of the guy, but at least he's spared the public any work in front of the camera for the last decade.

And I've avoided Desperado for the very reason that it's a prequel/big-budget remake of El Mariachi. What made his debut so great was how much he managed to accomplish on a shoestring-- it was very inventive. I was a little concerned that given a blank check, he'd just ruin everything.
    I think you should watch Dusk and Desperado. Dusk was actually entertaining. I'm now curious to hear what you think about Desperado. You have to rent or buy them now

I think you should watch Dusk and Desperado. Dusk was actually entertaining. I'm now curious to hear what you think about Desperado. You have to rent or buy them now
    Well, I'll add 'em to the list. I'd put them at the top of the Netflix queue, but the idea of watching Cretin Tarantino's smarmy acting makes my flesh crawl. But I'd like to enjoy some of his post-Mariachi work. BTW, didn't you mention earlier that you hadn't seen Mariachi? Swapping reactions would make for some interesting posts.

Bumped for the newbies who can't use the search function it seems

Well, I'll add 'em to the list. I'd put them at the top of the Netflix queue, but the idea of watching Cretin Tarantino's smarmy acting makes my flesh crawl. But I'd like to enjoy some of his post-Mariachi work. BTW, didn't you mention earlier that you hadn't seen Mariachi? Swapping reactions would make for some interesting posts.
    As soon as I get my hands on Mariachi, I'll let you know what I think Sky.

The twins from Grindhouse. I really wish that I could find photos of them from the couch scene.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grindhouse_twins_120.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	316.1 KB 
ID:	92623  

Professional Poster

I watched it this weekend and thought it was great. It was a loooooong movie, but it kept me watching. The second feature got a little boring at times, but overall it was great.

An amature does it till they get it right,
    A professional does it till they can't get it wrong.