Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Default One of the most influential and powerful songs

I've heard to date, from pop stars of today.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Junior Poster

I agree, I loved it, Pink is trying to make the president a more human person, rather than this otherworldy naive figure. I think most citizens question this current president, its nothing new its been this way since the 2000 election. But hey we cant change the past.....life is about making choices and not looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferson1776
    I agree, I loved it, Pink is trying to make the president a more human person, rather than this otherworldy naive figure. I think most citizens question this current president, its nothing new its been this way since the 2000 election. But hey we cant change the past.....life is about making choices and not looking back.
    I love how you put that making him a human person!! Agreed!

My official Adult Blog

My official Cam Site

Rookie Poster

I find it incredibly annoying when pop-stars try and make political statements. Especially when they have written such other groundbreaking songs like "Get The Party Started". Yes, I'm sure if Pink and other likeminded pop stars were in power we wouldn't have anything to worry about it.

If you honestly think that this is the most groundbreaking song ever written then you have issues. Go listen to some Pink Floyd or Leonard Cohen if you what meaningful songs, not this travesty...

Quote Originally Posted by panama_red
    I find it incredibly annoying when pop-stars try and make political statements. Especially when they have written such other groundbreaking songs like "Get The Party Started". Yes, I'm sure if Pink and other likeminded pop stars were in power we wouldn't have anything to worry about it.

If you honestly think that this is the most groundbreaking song ever written then you have issues. Go listen to some Pink Floyd or Leonard Cohen if you what meaningful songs, not this travesty...
    That may be true however, her voice is reaching the younger crowd and her fans. You may not think it's powerful, but kids listen to her as well as many other popstars. And at least she put a song to good use. For the younger generation to listen to. If many other popstars and rap artist did this. There'd be a lot more voters from the younger generation. Also more care of what goes on. You are only seeing the small picture, where I am seeing the bigger picture.

And it's the younger crowd that is going to be taking over America!!!!!!!

Lastly I never said it was the most groundbreaking song of all time..I said from "TODAYS" pop stars. READ Not to mention those songs from that time have nothing to do with what is going on RIGHT NOW at this moment in OUR LIVES.

My official Adult Blog

My official Cam Site

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    That may be true however, her voice is reaching the younger crowd and her fans. You may not think it's powerful, but kids listen to her as well as many other popstars. And at least she put a song to good use. For the younger generation to listen to. If many other popstars and rap artist did this. There'd be a lot more voters from the younger generation. Also more care of what goes on. You are only seeing the small picture, where I am seeing the bigger picture.
    I think popstars like her contribute negatively to the youth of any Western society. They watch MTV and think "hey, I don't have to study or get an education, I can act like a slut just like Pink did and get a record deal for it". And they end up flipping burgers at McDonalds. That's actually where "Pink" should be, thinking about it... :P

Yes, and frankly thats something that worries me, speaking as someone living outside of America. I'm only 18, and still most of my American contemporaries (especially in the South) have a complete lack of knowledge regarding geography and foreign affairs. I seriously doubt that listening to Pink will help to educate them.

Lastly I never said it was the most groundbreaking song of all time..I said from "TODAYS" pop stars. READ Not to mention those songs from that time have nothing to do with what is going on RIGHT NOW at this moment in OUR LIVES.
    How do you know that those songs bear no relation to modern times? Sun Tzu's literature which was written over 2,000 years ago in China is still read by business analysts. Likewise, a lot of the songs written in the 60s or 70s can still be applied to modern times. I feel that there is no freedom of expression in the pop industry anymore. You either conform to the stupid ideals of manufactured pop or you don't get a record contract. Simple as that.

But we can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by panama_red
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore
    I think popstars like her contribute negatively to the youth of any Western society. They watch MTV and think "hey, I don't have to study or get an education, I can act like a slut just like Pink did and get a record deal for it". And they end up flipping burgers at McDonalds. That's actually where "Pink" should be, thinking about it... :P

Yes, and frankly thats something that worries me, speaking as someone living outside of America. I'm only 18, and still most of my American contemporaries (especially in the South) have a complete lack of knowledge regarding geography and foreign affairs. I seriously doubt that listening to Pink will help to educate them.

How do you know that those songs bear no relation to modern times? Sun Tzu's literature which was written over 2,000 years ago in China is still read by business analysts. Likewise, a lot of the songs written in the 60s or 70s can still be applied to modern times. I feel that there is no freedom of expression in the pop industry anymore. You either conform to the stupid ideals of manufactured pop or you don't get a record contract. Simple as that.

Cause it deals with whats going on NOW in AMERICA..right at this moment. And don't presume you know anything about an ARTIST cause of a song they came out with for FUN and DANCE. People do need something to dance to..so don't be PRESUMPTIOUS enough to sit there and think you are all MIGHTY because you listen to Pink Floyd. I really hate people that act like that. It's ANNOYING as you said. The song was based off what thousands of people in america I am sure are feeling, and most of those MTV kids will only LEARN from MTV so her making a song about it was SMART on her part. And being 18 you should know this better than someone older. I myself know how my generation is. Everything is about media and whose Who. So come off it with the BETTER than THOU act. Pink is doing her part at least.

My official Adult Blog

My official Cam Site

Thats not entirely true.Take a listen to the latest release by Ministry 'Rio Grande Blood' the whole album is a political statement.And Ministry founder Al Jourgenson doesnt fuck around..he spells it out ....loud and clear....

And now a message from the President of the United States George W. Bush
    I’ve adopted sophisticated terrorist tactics
    And I’m a dangerous, dangerous man
    With dangerous, dangerous weapons
    I want to drain the coal resources in America
    And foreign sources of crude oil.
    I’m a weapon of mass destruction
    And I’m a brutal dictator
    And I’m evil

Verse 1
    I’ve got something that I must confess
    I make a profit off people oppressed
    I take the money ‘til there’s nothing left
    And all I gotta say is Yippie Aye Yay

Chorus
    Rio Grande Blood

I want money
    I want yer money
    I want crude oil
    It’s the government’s money
    I’m an asshole

Verse 2
    I can’t remember the world such a mess
    Not for the companies I like the best
    Exxon and Conoco – fuck all the rest

Chorus
    Rio Grande Blood

I want money
    I want yer money
    I want crude oil
    It’s the government’s money

Breakdown
    We went to war because of our dependence on foreign oil Haliburton
    We went to war because of money
    Haliburton
    We will settle for nothing less than victory, victory
    Haliburton
    We will settle for nothing less than crude oil -crude oil
    Verse 3
    Squeezing the middle class whom I detest
    Taxing the poor so the rich can invest
    I know I’m an asshole, but aren’t you impressed

Chorus
    Rio Grande Blood

Rio Grande Blood
    Rio Grande Blood
    I want crude oil
    Rio Grande Blood
    I want money
    Rio Grande Blood

Platinum Poster

Here's another ode to the chimp-in-chief...

BTW...If I believed in the biblical concept of Hell, I would picture Bush roasting on a spit next to Nixon and Reagan....

You Got Away With It (A Tale Of Two Fraternity Brothers)
    Todd Snider

The tale of two brothers...a memoir
    Remember that kid we beat up back in college
    Me, you, and Thompson out in front of the frat
    And that hippie went home crying to his parents
    I can't believe you got us out of that
    How sweet was that
    God we were drunk
    Drove around all night after it with that keg in the trunk
    And when the cop pulled us over
    You talked us out of that, too

You got away with it
    You got away
    You get away with
    The things that you say

I had to quit partying about a year and a half after you did
    I don't regret it though, I think it was fun
    Besides, it was the 70's
    We were a couple of rich kids
    And aside from that one hippie
    We never really hurt anyone
    Well, there's that other thing that I won't even say
    As God as my witness I'll take that to my grave
    Cause that was an accident
    And you did what you had to do

You got away with it
    You got away
    You get away with
    The things that you say
    I worry forever
    Never for you
    You'll get away with it
    You always do

You never did tell me what happened with you and your brother down there in Florida
    I heard they gave you a hell of a time
    Everybody around here was afraid you might lose
    I told them not to worry cause I knew you'd be fine
    Had me out here to Camp David a few times over the years
    I think the first time we were teenagers sneakin' beers
    Look at you now you old son of a bitch
    You got the run of this place
    Unbelievable

You got away with it
    You got away
    You got away with
    The things that you say
    I worry forever
    Never for you
    You'll get away with it
    You always do
    You'll get away with
    This new thing too

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Junior Poster

meh.

If the "younger generation" needs Pink to motivate them to go out and vote and get involved with politics, we're in bigger trouble than previously thought.

As for my answer to one of her questions..

Q: What do you think when you see all the homeless?
    A: Get off your ass and get a fucking job!

Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.