Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Roger that on the Iron Giant. The Snowman gets me too.
    Planes, Trains and Automobiles - I'm watching it with a friend, right? We're stoned and yucking it up. Then there's that scene where Steve Martin leaves John Candy on the el platform to go home to his wife. I mist up looking at poor fucking John Candy, sneak a look at my friend, and I'll be damned if he isn't doing the same thing and trying not to show it! We both start cracking up at each other.
    Last one: the final scene in Fearless where the plane crashes in slow motion and everyone's saying goodbye to their families and such. With the music, I haven't gotten through it once.

Oh - I mentioned this the other day: last scene, Saint of Ft. Washington. Fuck.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia
    Armageddon..thats so funny...here this whole time I thought I was the only one that found parts of that movie sad...

As a child i used to cry everytime King Kong died...so much so that when I saw the new version while I was in Singapore I walked out as the big guy was rampaging thru the theatre...i just couldnt see it....still havent.
    O.K. O.K. did you cry when Godzilla kicked King Kong's AZZ?!?! Hm?! Hm?!

Cinema Paradiso
    My Life as a Dog
    Jean De Florette
    The Hairdressers Husband
    One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
    Little Big Man
    Fargo
    Captains Courageous
    Midnight Cowboy
    The Mission
    Blade Runner (Rutger Hauer's 'Like tears in rain' speech)
    Most Charlie Chaplin films

Funny, I didn't realise I cried so much

A woman is just a woman but a shemale is a good smoke!

Professional Poster

I saw Cinema Paradiso just the other day,Emmetray The first time I'd seen it in years. The 4 grade exam cheating scene is great. The saved kisses scene at the end is the part that will get you though.

The 1990 remake of Cyrano de Bergerac,w/ Gerard Depardiue is one that will get you too. The final scene at the convent when he and Roxanne confess their love for each other as he's dying is a gutwrencher. (It's a good third-fourth date rental when you're ready to make your move too )

The 'Grapes of Wrath" will get me sometimes,but it normally makes me want to hunt down and hang the rich from telephone poles.

All the versions of Goodbye Mr. Chips can get you. As can Brideshead Revisited but that's more of a television series? it's a great book,I'm big fan of Evelyn Waugh.

I know I've seen Jean de Florette,Emmet but I can't recall it right now. If it won't hijack the thread,refresh my memory if you feel like it?

I saw The Color Purple today. That's beautiful film and another one that will get you. How the Academy gave that snoozer Out of Africa the best film award that year over it I'll never know?

You mentioned The Mission,Emmet. did you get a chance to see it on the large screen? Lush is the only word I can use to describe it? The score is amazing and the story,while idealized somewhat,is an accurate tale of the expulsion of the Jesuits and their missions from the Spanish Empire.

Sorry to go on,I was a film minor way back when and I'm still obsessed with the medium.

Ancient Pervert.

im sure people are going to be adding "Reign On Me " to their list soon

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

stillies77

BIG FISH
    movie made me bawl.

Rookie Poster

I know it's pretty obvious -- but the ending to "It's a Wonderful Life" always makes me well up. I

agree that the "Grapes of Wrath" was sad -- the novel was even more sad. They should remake that movie now that standards have changed and the ending, as bleak as it was, can be retained.

Professional Poster

That's the truth.

Ancient Pervert.

Junior Poster

Of course cartoons can make you cry......take Bambie and Dumbo, real tear jerkers in places.

BRIAN'S SONG
    James Caan and Billy De Williams as Gale Sayers