Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucy: Teen Transsexual BBC Documentary

A heads up for people in the U.K(although the BBC have recently signed a deal with youtube to allow their programmes to show on the site) about a documentary on BBC 3, Sunday 25 March 9:00 pm. Some of you may find it of interest.

Press Released
    LUCY: TEENAGE TRANSSEXUAL

One hour special telling the story of Lucy Parker

This is no ordinary story; this is how 16 year old Richard became Lucy. It’s the story of a dramatic transformation to change from male to female, involving years of hormone treatment, psychological analysis and irreversible surgery to become one of Britain's youngest transsexuals.

Lucy Parker is a typical teenage girl; she’s obsessed with clothes, boys, make up and shopping. But there’s one thing that sets her apart from the others- Lucy is a transsexual and she’s determined to surgically transform her body from male to female. But what makes Lucy’s story unique is that she is the youngest transsexual in Britain to attempt to document on camera the psychological and emotional journey to rid herself the male body she was born with.
    In the UK, there are around 15,000 transsexuals who believe they are trapped in the wrong body. Around a third of them have surgery to change their bodies to be the opposite sex. The average age for this surgery is thought to be 29, but an exceptional few strive to dramatically modify their bodies at a very young age. 17 year old, Lucy Parker is one of these few extraordinary people.

Lucy has been living as a female for almost two years. She is determined to permanently transform her body, by changing her anatomy from male to female, by having breast augmentation and genital surgery, this process is called gender re-assignment surgery- more commonly know as a sex change. But will Lucy get what she wants? She has to convince psychologist and surgeons that she's making the right decision and on top of that it will cost ten of thousands of pounds.....
    At such a young age Lucy has made some life changing decisions but they have not been made lightly. Her mother Allison recalls how even from a very young age her child would cry about being different. Allison didn’t know what was wrong but Lucy says, “Even at 8 years old I realised my body was wrong, I always wished I could be a girl but I didn’t think there was any possible way”
    When puberty hit things got worse. Mum Allison says “He wasn’t a normal boy, he was bullied, he wasn’t happy at school so I took him to the doctors. The doctors said he was suicidal”
    Lucy knew the problem was more than teenage angst. Her mother, Gran and Auntie were shocked when they heard the truth but were able to accept the news. “I couldn’t answer him, I was stunned” says Grandma Marion “I was frightened and full of fear, fear of the future and what people would say”. Mum Julie cried when she heard the news, “I just wanted to make it all better. But it’s something that has happened and no one knows why”
    Accepted by her family Lucy made the transition to living full time as a female. She woke up in the morning as Richard and by the evening she was transformed into Lucy. The change has affected Lucy’s confidence in a very positive way. She now lives her entire life as a female, including dating men. “Sexuality has nothing to do with gender, I am a heterosexual female. I’m not gay. There is nothing male about me, except my body and I am going to change that”, says Lucy.
    Lucy: Teen Transsexual is compelling viewing as the show follows the highs and lows as Lucy moves closer to becoming her true self whilst dealing with the emotional rollercoaster of being a teenager- this is an exceptional personal journey

Cool, thanks. I hope it shows up on BBCA on DirecTV.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

She's just been on This Morning with Phil & Fearn.

A very cute girl but severly lacking in confidence due to bullying & confussion about her sexuality.

Her Mum is very loving & supportive & is funding her transition.

I'm sure she'll blossom.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Lucy: Teen Transsexual BBC Documentary

Quote Originally Posted by timxxx
    “I couldn’t answer him, I was stunned” says Grandma Marion “I was frightened and full of fear, fear of the future and what people would say”.
    I hate when this reason pop up...little people..

"...My father was the wind, my mother was fire
    Raised by the wolves - I grew up wild..."

Falling off the bar stool Junior Poster latrix67's Avatar

Doh!
    Just posted the same....

Timxxx thanx for the heads up...

I wouldnt have known it was on otherwise... :O)

Well I thought that was one of the best programmes focusing on a TS transitioning that I have ever seen..

For once the programme makers seemed sympathetic as apposed to using us for sensationalist, tounge in cheek piss-taking reasons..... ABOUT TIME!

''The guy asked me if he could come in for coffee''

''What, doesn't he have any fucking coffee at home?''

LOVED IT !

I wish her the best of luck.... :O)

xx

Professional Poster

Just seen this. GOOD PROGRAMME. Educational, informed, touching and has lots of 'video diary' footage of Lucy talking. Had to look away/cross legs at some of the very graphic surgery footage. ouch! Well worth watching tho so catch the 12.30 am repeat in U.K. Should be on bbc1 really. they will hopefullly repeat it.

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

Junior Poster

It was on BBC1 last week apparently, on one of the mornings. My Nanna watched it. Might have been This Morning, not sure.

I have to admit though that it brings into question how sensible it is to go on national television. There was something on the Roses forum that she was thumped or something at a bus stop.

I mean, young transsexual wants to be a women. Only known for being for being a young transsexual. Erm erm. See where I'm coming from? Good programme yes. Taken advantage of maybe. To what end. I hope she was paid.

Top girl though. I found her quite funny really with some of the things she came out with, very balanced cynical view of the world. I like that. Colourful use of language too.

Not at all surprised in the slightest that the NHS would have her jumping through hoops and holding on by a thread though. Hence the private route, which I don't think with a high chance of success she should have to take.. No Androcur either?? The NHS won't prescribe it.

She could reclaim the costs back from the NHS through legal channels, that's been done before. Not a huge risk seeing as she's already out anyway.

But overall, top girl Good on her. Took real guts to do that so young.

Rookie Poster

Alison, agreed that it took a lot of courage to go through that at such a young age and particularly with the cameras around.

Her transition over the timeframes of the program was also very good. At the start of the program she looked a little awkward and maybe just passable. By the end she looked great and most definately passable and full of confidence with her new breasts.

Very good program all-round and did enjoy the bit when she was pissed after a night out and her eyes were rolling into the back of her head

Good luck to her, showed a lot of determination.

Smooth

I watched it

and though that for the first time actually showed how hard and real it is living as a transsexual woman

i'm sure it is difficult for her now as everybody will know, but we need to change people's view on transsexual people so someone has to be brave for everybody to benifit

if and when my chance to be on television comes alongI will have no problem talking about being transsexual and try to educate people a lot more

well done Lucy x