18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heroes

13 72.22%
  • Lost

5 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default (Off Topic) Heroes vs Lost

I realise there has already been a thread about Heroes but I was wondering how in peoples views, it compares with Lost.

What is your opinion on the two programmes and how they stand side by side, which one do you feel has the edge on all round excitement and creativity.
    I myself have always been a huge fan of Lost but ever since Heroes started here in the UK (about a month ago) I find myself to be completely hooked and happen to think it is slightly better and more appealing than lost. There are a few reasons for this, mainly the range of characters, less discrepancies in the story lines and the slightly darker atmosphere achieved by characters such as Syler. There are also some good comedy factors like Hiro and his sidekick ……. who never fail to amuse me with there antics.
    For me the outstanding character has to be Nicki (Ali Larter) not only is she a good actress who plays both sides of her role convincingly, she is completely stunning and in my own opinion is more beautiful than 99% of Supermodels and Box Office Movie Stars, I realise this might seem a far fetched statement but damn that girl is fine.

The reason I bothered asking this question is a lot of my friends and people I know do not watch Heroes as it is shown on the Sci Fi Channel over here and when I tell them about it, although they have never even bothered to actually sit down and watch it they always say things like there is no way it can be better than lost, which is pretty dumb if you ask me.

So to sum up, I am interested in a few opinions from people who have sampled both programmes and can give an informed judgement on what they feel is the superior show.

As I said I realise this is off topic, so thanks for any replies………..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	220px_ali_larter_with_heroes_poster_826.jpg 
Views:	849 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	87066  

Lost is lost on me; I've never gotten into it. Heroes is an excellent program, well-written, easy to follow yet its characters and plots have some very intriguing twists and turns.

Im hopelessly addicted to Lost.I have seen every single episode in order from start to present.

Its not confusing just full of major plot twists,but if you havent been keeping up from the start the startling revelation that Claire and Jack are related might not be that big a deal.

The other show ive never heard of.

Junior Poster

Heroes all the way. I anticipate each and every Monday (or Friday, if I miss it on Monday) with tense anticipation. Lost never did that to me like Heroes has.

While if I could go back in time and change things, God knows I would, I also realize that such a thing is impossible. So I just have to move on with my life and make sure that I come out the other side a better person. That’s all there is too it.

Gold Poster

I have watched both shows and both are extremely over hyped.

Heroes cheap ripoff of x-men and lost is a serious version of gilligan's island.

I've never seen Heroes.

Lost is a stupid television show and I hate every single jackass character on the show (Well, except for crazy Mr. Echo).

That said, I have watched every single episode (seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and Season three downloaded)

Professional Poster

OK that's good, it seems most people agree with me about Heroes being superior, so far that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    Heroes cheap ripoff of x-men
    I totally disagree, firstly X - Men is much more family orientated and secondly the story lines are completely different, the only thing they actually have in common is the Super Powers thing.

BTW, no offence but are you dyslectic Legend ?, it's just that your sentences never seem to make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmandy
    I've never seen Heroes.

Lost is a stupid television show and I hate every single jackass character on the show (Well, except for crazy Mr. Echo).

That said, I have watched every single episode (seasons 1 and 2 on DVD and Season three downloaded)
    It seems to me you have what is known as a Love/Hate relationship with the show.

Seriously though you should check out Heroes, it's very good.

I only have one handle here, and that is a fact!

Gold Poster

That made enough sense for you too respond,first off people forming a group to save mankind sounds a little bit familiar huh but like you said totally different except for the superpowers right,watch whatever you want too.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Legend
    That made enough sense for you too respond,first off people forming a group to save mankind sounds a little bit familiar huh but like you said totally different except for the superpowers right,watch whatever you want too.
    Thanks I will.

Look this is how it is we are now in the year 2007 people have been making Films and Television Programs for over 50 years, just because a programs basic blue print is loosely similar to something that has been previously made does not make it any less watch able or enjoyable. If everybody went by your somewhat deluded thesis then there would be no need to ever make another War Film, Gory Horror or Comedy. It's clear that most things these days can be compared with something.
    A quality program is a quality program, if you had the intelligence to perceive it in it’s own right, perhaps you too would even enjoy it.

PS... It seems I annoyed you with that dyslectic comment; maybe I’m wrong, perhaps you are just a retard.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retard_2_591.jpg 
Views:	711 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	87084  

I only have one handle here, and that is a fact!

Gold Poster

LOL actually i laughed at your petty insult and responded with a direct synopsis of what the show is all about,blantant x-men ripoff.