Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: water is not a worry

Quote Originally Posted by bucatini70
    I been in Bangkok for about 3 years now and never have any problem with water from the tap but yea for 6 baht you can get a liter of bottled water it is the street food you have to take in small doses it will get you sooner or later lol and yes do not pass up Bangkok if you are staying for a few months then use it for your base and rent a service apartment maybe not on Sukhumvit or Silom but near the BTS or MRT. DJ is about right with his choices i might think about Samui though the airfare is a bit high and you can get everything Samui offers in Phuket. With Cambodia though i would say yea the the temples are breath-taking but make sure you fly straight into siem reap do even think about going in any other way Cambodia is a mess Fly in Fly out if you need any help write me email i am in the hotel business here would be glad to help
    I actually flew into Phnom Penh stayed overnight and then took a boat up the river to Siem Reap...and while the boat trip was a bit long,its filled w/ cool folks to chat with to help pass the time and the scenery offers insight to an extraordinary way of life of folks who live on floating houses,and the scenery is simply beautiful.

As far as Samui flight being expensive yup youre right...the airport on Samui is privately owned by Bangkok Air and hence since they have a monopoly on Samui they charge whatever they choose,still one way flight can still be had for about 125.00

Veteran Poster

Beware of even bottled water. It is easy to refill empty plastic bottles with tap water and put the lids back on and use heat to reseal them.
    Always ask that the bottle be brought to you so that YOU can open it.
    I learned the hard way in Mexico City.

Junior Poster

maybe it is just me i never enjoy cambodia i never made too many trips there as my visa is always in tact as i always have a work permit but i know quite a few guys enjoy traveling there quite a bit. LOL the water thing again really guys water is jut not an issue in BKK, Pattaya, Chang Mai, Phuket, ect and as a side note i have family in Monterrey and Toluca, Mexico the water is just fine there also it is the parts of Mexico near the border are where the water table is very low i would not drink the water in an area like Pharr, Mcallen, Juarez TX USA nor in a border city like Metamoras or Renoysa Mexico Forget the water and come enjoy Thailand it has everything to offer as DJ says great place to live or vacation

Mai pen rai

Professional Poster

Eh well....I really dont think its that great a place to live from everything ive read....Theres usually a reason that a third world countries women want to marry foreigners to escape.

All in all though, I think Phuket sounds like the most economical and in terms of where i want to base out of. Id like to see more of the country then just BBK or Phuket mind you...Ill be wary of the food yes, and of the water...Every travel advisory ive read including ones written by travelers recommends westerners avoiding the tap water.

I think ill take a pass on Cambodia even though the temples sound really nice.

Junior Poster

please come and see for yourself not sure what you are reading but it is nice place to live, relax and work. Phuket is a great place....but it is not considered even close to the most economical area to vacation in Thailand...in terms of what you are looking for (as you are on this board) spend your time in Pattaya much cheaper and very large scene there.

Mai pen rai

Quote Originally Posted by bucatini70
    please come and see for yourself not sure what you are reading but it is nice place to live, relax and work. Phuket is a great place....but it is not considered even close to the most economical area to vacation in Thailand...in terms of what you are looking for (as you are on this board) spend your time in Pattaya much cheaper and very large scene there.
    I personally can not find one redeeming quality about Pattaya...the beach is small,the water is gross,the walking street is ok,but I didnt find near the selection of girls that I see in BKK.

Ive only had something stolen once in Thailand and it happened in Pattaya.

Pattaya has the rep...its the place you go when Bangkok becomes too tame...and everybody there knows why men go,so they act accordingly...big hustle,shitty beach....bleh

gjamestgirlfan Professional Poster gjamestgirlfan's Avatar

Seeing as a site on Thailand, who here has been here as i am spending a month out there very soon, going australia 1st for 2 months in may 25th and then to thailand for a month, starting off in bangkok, i would love to know good places to visit also any tgirl, shemale strip clubs to visit, do they do them, also what is a go go club ? i would love some tips as i dont wanna waste my time going to places with genetic girl strippers etc or girls in clubs, pubs id like to goto places where can chat with ladbyboys, shemales, transexuals, (however u like to word it) as i love and admire, would love some tips please feel free to contact me as well with some info on, would be much appreciated, i also am a bit nervous as i have read that aids etc is very much rising over there, just a small worry about as i have never been knda guy who sleeps around at all really but id love to be able to if get lucky enough and get on with a nice girl over there to take next level without worrying about, anyone know good safe places to go etc, sorry to bore you all

Junior Poster

i am being misunderstood on that last post DJ ....i am meaning to say is if he is looking for economy, a scene, and a beach then go to Pattaya ...Phuket is not as cheap either with hotel rooms, girls or eats and that probably is the cheapest area to all of what B-addy is requesting. Can it Compare to Phuket? Samui? Phi Phi? no way not even close...and you right i don't think it is better than Bangkok either...I stay in Bkk now and personally like it very much. I also did one short contract in Samui and it was nice but the island got small for me after a few months but it is indeed beautiful, interesting and nice if you get over to Bkk let me know we can get a few beers sometime
    Also gjamestgirlfan drop me an off line message and i will share what i know if want take you on a tour one night

Mai pen rai

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Asia

The thai Baht is out of control right now and its the strongest I've ever seen it,which is bad news for travellers.
    True. I think it will eventually end up somewhere near 29 but that is me.

What you can do is try to open a bank account online with one of the major banks or open a brokerage account and wire dollars for them to convert to Baht. Hold it in the account and withdraw some Baht or show up at the office and ask for a check to cash at a bank branch. Local girl would be of some help. I have some money invested in the market right now in case I decide to go over. Saves me the trouble of worrying about FX and all that crap. They rape you in this country at the airport. BTW, I have yet to convert my Yuan into Dollars.

Born of a broken man, but not a broken man
    Born of a broken man, never a broken man

Latrodectus mactans

Junior Poster

Bangkok is actually a really cool city. That have these Clark Hatch gyms. Some of the locals recruited me as their ringer when I was out there. We had a good time. The transit system runs through the entire system. Everyone is extra friendly.

I was out there for about two weeks on a little tour of SE Asia, but I wrecked my scooter and needed to get stiches in my leg. Cab driver asks me, "Do you want to go to the cheap hospital or the expensive hospital." Yeah, I'll take the expensive hospital. Thanks.