Junior Poster
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

Default Transexual Gaming

When I thought About creating this thread, it was purely to find the now "infamous" Lara Croft transexual picture and share it and ask others to share virtual transexuals. Hey it combines two of my interests maybe it would for others.

While doing research for this thread, I came across other interesting combinations of transexuals and gaming. (Didn't find the Lara Croft picture but I know it exists out there as I saw it about 7+ years ago.)

From Transsexual.org

The First Transsexual Video Game Character?

This is 'BIRDO'

Recently (September, 2000) there has been released a game cartridge for the Nintendo 64 system, called 'Mario Tennis'. Quite a good game indeed, and I was very pleased to find that included among the playable avatars was just about every character that had ever appeared in a Mario game. One of the most surprising inclusions was the character above, 'Birdo'.

Birdo first appeared in the US in 'Super Mario Brothers 2' for the original NES home console system. The game was not originally a Mario Brothers game at all, but had been an Arabian Nights styled game in Japan called "Doki Doki Panic". With some of the graphics changed, and some of the game play balance tweaked, the game was sold in the rest of the world as the sequal to the original Mario Brothers game. Taking place in a dream world, Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad had to battle many creatures, including -for the first time- 'mini bosses'. Birdo was the main mini-boss in the game, appearing several times.

Birdo, as described in the original first edition manual:

"He thinks he is a girl and he spits eggs from his mouth. He'd rather be called 'Birdetta.'"

A later printing of the manual omits the last sentence, but keeps the initial description. Birdo was tough to beat, too, at the time. Birdo was not actually a baddie, however, like the perennial villian of the Mario Brothers games, "Bowser". Birdo was simply misguided, a little overenthusiastic, and ultimately, fell in with the wrong crowd. Birdo's motivation for trying to defeat Mario is given by the one line attributed to the character:

"Ooh, you are so cute, I am NEVER going to let you go!"

Birdo, basically was lonely, and had poor courting skills.

As is common in Mario games, characters who were once former opponents often become friends and compatriots of the core Mario gang, and so it is that so very many years later, Birdo is back, to play tennis and have fun with the gang. This time, however, there is no mention of Birdo as a male...instead, Birdo is uniformly referred to as female, as a 'she'. Apparently, Birdo had the Mushroom Kingdom equivalent of SRS (undoubtedly a magical transition, rather than one of hormones and scalples), kept her original name (perhaps 'Birdetta' was given up as a 'trying too hard' kind of moniker), and has achieved her proper place in the scheme of things. Indeed, a picture in the Mario Tennis manual show Birdo and Yoshi, Mario's very favorite dinosaur pal, together apparently as a romantic couple!

Now all woman, if a reptilian sort of woman, Birdo plays a fast and accurate game of tennis, and presumably is a regular at the Mario Tennis Clubhouse, flirts with Yoshi, and is an accepted part of the Mario 'Scooby Gang'.

To the best of this game otaku's knowledge, Birdo is the very first transsexual video game character, and best of all, succeeded in achieving full transition and acceptance. You go, Birdo!

Birdo, I salute you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birdo_163.gif 
Views:	2456 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	86895  

Omg I used to love her in Super Mario 2!! That was my favorite game! That and all the Zelda games

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Junior Poster
    Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy

And more combining ...for the full article see: http://www.kerb.co.uk/Viral-Games-Chart/?contentId=524

Just posting the highlights.

"We created a video strip poker application that allowed users to play against a beautiful women who removed an item of clothing each time she lost a hand. In order to increase the impact of the game – we shirked the use of animation or special effects and hired a pre-op transexual model for the role. That the execution achieved this effect is beyond doubt since this pattern of behavior can be found time and time again on website forums. Users can be seen to have posted a link to the site without revealing the ending and the thread can sometimes go on for pages before somebody spills the beans."

"Results:
    We employ our own tracking system called "Doublequick" for content not hosted by ourselves. We check our figures with the 3rd party hosts on every campaign and they are always correct to within a couple of uniques.

We also tracked the campaign using Kvcensus which is a tracking tool developed by a 3rd party for the purpose of tracking viral campaigns. The two bits of software employ different techniques for tracking the date, however the results correlate perfectly.

Primary:

In the 4 months since launched Bowman's Strip Poker has so far achieved:

2,265,570 visits

1,590,376 unique visitors (this means 29.8% of users returned for a second go....)

349,157 clickthroughs (the target agreed with Bowmans was 100,000)"

Well it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out us admirers were not alone. But I must say I was shocked to say the least that all though these are not scientific results, there are 3 out of every 10 men that feel the same way!

For a minute I thought this was going to be about playing online shoot-em-ups with Vicki.

Very interesting write up on Birdo. I never really took to the Nintendo games (From the typical must-get-to-the-next-level-or-life-is-meaningless perspective), but on the occasions that I have played them found them immensely enjoyable.

I have to pay closer attention to the characters now.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Cool thread.I laughed at the part that said Birdo was tough to beat, haha.

There was a character from some obscure Japanese game whose bio said she was born male, but I can't think of it at the moment. I'm sure we'll be seeing more in the future.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Junior Poster

Oh, and I read that a transexual plays a major role in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but I have never played that one myself. Can anyone confirm this?

Possibly link a picture of the character or give the name so it can be researched if you can.

Junior Poster

Reni Wassulmaier, a character in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories

ROFL! The make-up is so 80s! Don't think I would call Reni a transexual, looks more like a CD, but if Reni identifies herself as a woman, I will give her the benefit of my doubt. Afterall, it's not what I think inside but what she feels inside that matters.

She definately packs like a woman. I told here we were going to the Bahamas for 1 night and look at the size of those trunks she's bringing.

Junior Poster

Dont forget the hottest CD in video gaming history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_(Guilty_Gear)

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFox
    Dont forget the hottest CD in video gaming history

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridget_(Guilty_Gear)
    Let's not!

Bridget (Guilty Gear)

Character design
    Despite the character's name, appearance, and female voice actor, Bridget is actually male. The reason for his feminine and, at times, androgynous appearance, is that he is the second of two twin boys born in a village where twin boys are said to bring bad luck. To hide this fact, he was raised as a girl.

Bridget's primary weapon is a yo-yo, which he can launch to hit his opponents or perform other unpredictable abilities. His secondary weapon is a mechanical teddy bear named Roger.

Bridget's official profile lists his eye color as emerald green, although his eyes are blatantly blue in his profile picture and his in-game sprites and most other artwork all feature emerald green eyes.

Roger
    Roger is a teddy-bear-like entity who appears sentient, springs out of Bridget's yo-yo, and adds extra attacks that form combinations or set-ups. For example, #Reload enhanced by "Roger Hug" becomes an especially useful move, as Roger gets launched to the exact spot of the enemy.

In terms of Roger's personal background, the teddy-bear appears to have an unknown origin, although it seems very important to Bridget considering that he carries it around at all times. Like his yo-yo, however, it is safe to assume that Bridget received it as a gift from his family.

Story
    In the Guilty Gear XX, Bridget becomes a bounty hunter, not because he needs the money -- his father is referred to as a "multimillionaire" in his profile -- but because he wishes to prove he is not bad luck to his village and to his hopeful, loving family. During his search for bounties he is given a list of potential targets by a mysterious I-No, but it is later discovered, to Bridget's sorrow, to be entirely fallacious. One of the most notable upon the list, however, is the inclusion of Dizzy, whose bounty had apparently already been paid for by a victorious Jam Kuradoberi, who also needed the money for her recently destroyed restaurant due to a fire.

In Story Mode, Bridget has two paths, both of which consist of him cheerfully and mistakenly rounding up his targets. One ends with a battle against the bizarre and rather humorous Robo-Ky, followed by a fight against Ky Kiske, whom Bridget mistakes for another robot. After the fight, Ky explains the situation of the fallacious bounties placed on the innocent victims, which Bridget, filled with sadness and disappointment, tells the police officer of his high-hopes of finally proving his village and his family that he is not bad luck. Out of sympathy, however, Ky literally gives Bridget a huge sack of money which Bridget carries joyfully back to his village.

The other path can end two different ways, involving an encounter with May and then either Dizzy or Johnny depending upon the player's actions. In Dizzy's ending, Bridget, with Dizzy, joins the Jellyfish Pirates, though this is most likely non-canonical. In Johnny's ending, however, Johnny quickly judges Bridget as a girl and begins to hit on him. Bridget retorts and a fight ensues, and somewhere in the fight, Johnny collapses and realizes (though it is never mentioned how) that Bridget is a boy. In horrified embarrassment upon his stereotypical masculinity, he tells Bridget to never tell anyone about what he did to him. In confusion, Bridget simply assesses Johnny as "weird" and leaves.

In all three of his different endings, however, he discovers the fallacy of his bounties.

Music references
    His special move "Kickstart My Heart" is named after the Mötley Crüe song of the same title, his "Shoot the Moon" attack is named after a Mr. Big song (as well as performing the same motion of the yo-yo trick with the same name), and his "Starship" attack is named after the band of the same name. Roger is named after Queen member Roger Taylor.

As far as the underlined goes: Did Bridget simply retort being coy, flirtatious, a bit of a cock-tease, thus her "confusion" at the end in Johnny's non-acceptance?

I can't take wikimedia's use of "he" to determine how Bridget identifies herself/himself sexually. It seems obvious she or he wanted the villages acceptance, but everyone does.

And after researching this character I recalled a picture that was similar to Bridget and appearantly is Bridget. Thank you Kabuki for uploading it. What can I say, I like cartoons.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11729443329_151_183.jpg 
Views:	1536 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	86970