Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Erasing Unwanted Cybertrails

I'm sure I'm not alone amongst us in my promiscuous cyber-emailing, IM'ng and occasional lascivious profiles that I've maintained in my sexually wonderful life on the Internet (always followed by some real adventures).

Does anyone have any idea or know of any service where you can erase these trails? While I'm not ashamed of my activities and take a certain pride in my freedom, I also am realistic enough to know most would not understand.

Any tips would be wonderful. I still google my screename (another one from here) and get all sorts of garbage (some of my own - some others just put me on). Google says that sweep through periodically and it will be gone - but they haven't for months.

Thanks!!

Rookie Poster

Good luck. Everything is recorded and stored for posterity. Your provider logs everything and stores it for The Man. AT&T openly cooperates with the gov, and most of the others have in the past. AFAIK Google is one of the few who openly refused to share information, since their business is business intelligence information (ads).

If you are not already in the open, then the best you can do try to hide your future tracks from others. Use multiple email addresses. Occasionally change your IP or provider. Use an SSL proxy or tor if you care. Set Firefox to delete all of your information on close. Use a separate logon for your activity. The Gov will find you if they need to, but you can mask things from your friends, family, coworkers, etc.

I do a few of these things to hide from the occasional person who wants to use my computer, but my shit is already out there so if I'm ever confronted I've resigned myself to take the heat. Since then, I've lived a much happier life not sweating it.

5 Star Poster

Why would I care where the word 'suckseed' is? I'm missing something obviously.

There's only one sure way...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pinkpercent20pearlpercent20300_148.jpg 
Views:	1547 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	86897  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Rookie Poster

I haven't got round to trying this one out yet, but www.garlik.com offer a service which allows you to keep track of information about you on-line. Might be worth a look...

Default erase surfing trails

go to www.download.com and search for ccleaner in free software its fantastic

5 Star Poster

Nein! my kvestion vuss, 'VY zhould I care!??'
    Do you mean to say you're cyberperving using your real name?

Default erase surfing trails

5 Star Poster

Default Re: erase surfing trails

Quote Originally Posted by estimtom
    So you're saying it magically scours the internet for you?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

hahaha...i loved that commercial when i was a child..

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time