Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    finally, a thread about limp noodles

meow

FK
    The reason Felicia gets my vote for top HA comic....

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    Brown butter with with pasta sounds interesting, Vicki...but I'd have to throw some seafood into the mix and omit the grated cheese(due to the seafood)...
    For seafood in brown butter over linguini, you could stir in a little lemon or white wine and capers. Or add toasted walnuts and fresh sage and serve over pumpkin or sweet potato gnocci or butternut squash ravioli.
    Agreed, gotta go with the capers...and not to patronize you, but that's quite the palate you have(not that you need me to tell you)... do you also make your own gnocchi?

Great chefs are born, not made...bravo!

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Agreed, gotta go with the capers...and not to patronize you, but that's quite the palate you have(not that you need me to tell you)... do you also make your own gnocchi?

Thanks, and likewise. I've tried to make my own gnocchi, but I've never done terribly well at it. Maybe I'm hypercritical, as my brother-in-law, who is both Italian and a fine cook, does and I've never been able to equal his. But if you have a good recipie--!

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic

Thanks, and likewise. I've tried to make my own gnocchi, but I've never done terribly well at it. Maybe I'm hypercritical, as my brother-in-law, who is both Italian and a fine cook, does and I've never been able to equal his. But if you have a good recipie--!
    I've seen some on the net. I can't imagine it would be that difficult, but I haven't made gnocchi yet. But I have made ravioli once.

I've also made Asian dumplings, but unlike with the ravioli, I used ready made dumpling pastry for that. As for capers, I like them in my puttanesca and some pasta sauces, but I'll go with a quote (by Nora Ephron, I think) that says:
    Some people pretend to like capers, but the truth is that any dish that tastes good with capers in it, tastes even better with capers not in it.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    I've seen some on the net. I can't imagine it would be that difficult, but I haven't made gnocchi yet. But I have made ravioli once.

I've also made Asian dumplings, but unlike with the ravioli, I used ready made dumpling pastry for that. As for capers, I like them in my puttanesca and some pasta sauces, but I'll go with a quote (by Nora Ephron, I think) that says:
    Some people pretend to like capers, but the truth is that any dish that tastes good with capers in it, tastes even better with capers not in it.
    What I've never gotten down is the texture of gnocchi, but maybe it's time I tried again. I love making Asian dumplings; I was first taught the Tibetan variety by a Tibetan Buddhist monk (who also tried to convince me that the best way to prepare tea is to add butter [a substitute for yak cream], but no thank you. The dumplings were good, though.

I just can't believe no one responded to my riveting endorsement of Locatelli Romano (not parmesan). Seriously, what do you villainous bastards have against Locatelli anyway?

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I just can't believe no one responded to my riveting endorsement of Locatelli Romano (not parmesan). Seriously, what do you villainous bastards have against Locatelli anyway?

-Quinn
    I thought Locatelli Romano was someone on the Soprano's. my bad! LOL

meow

FK

Junior Poster

i ate a box of tagalongs.

mmmmmm girl scouts

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    Hijacker. Start your own thread about cooking. Lemon chicken is a totally unrelated topic. This is about starches, not poultry.
    Your getting funnier and funnier.......and quite the bitch too.
    I LIKE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia Katt
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn

-Quinn
    I thought Locatelli Romano was someone on the Soprano's. my bad! LOL

meow

FK
    Now that would be riveting.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: My dinner tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    I am going to make spaghetti with burnt butter sauce, a little grated cheese... yummy. I am such a good cook I don't even know what to do with myself sometimes.
    Vicki, I would cook for you anything you may desire. And if I can't cook it there is always take out.