Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hey! Get off my lawn. 5 Star Poster Odelay's Avatar

Default Re: My dinner tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki Richter
    I am going to make spaghetti with burnt butter sauce, a little grated cheese... yummy. I am such a good cook I don't even know what to do with myself sometimes.
    So in other words... there's more than one thing to put in your mouth when you're a guest at Vicki's place.

Awe I'm glad you are having a real conversation besides some poll or rights activism..I would of never guessed you cooked. Thats so awesome.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Kabuki, I laughed when I read your comment about having a "Kelly moment". I thought the same thing when I read this thread. Anyway, I've never had browned butter sauce so I googled it and came up with the following recipe. Sounds good & I think I'll give it a try.

Directions:

There is a terrific dish served by The Old Spaghetti Factory chain, called Spaghetti with Browned Butter,. It is served topped with shredded Mizithra cheese (a Greek hard cheese). If mizithra is not available (I am able to easily locate it St. Louis at cheese shops and some supermarkets), a blend of ricotta salata and romano is suggested

Browned Butter Procedure: Cut 2 sticks of butter into 8 pieces and place in a 2-quart sauce pan. Place the pan of butter on a burner on medium heat. Bring butter to a slow boil (about 5 minutes).

Once the butter begins to boil, stir constantly to prevent residue from sticking to the bottom of the pan. As the butter cooks, it will start to foam and rise. Continue stirring, otherwise the butter foam could overflow (about 5 minutes) and catch fire.

Once the butter stops foaming and rising, cook until amber in color (about 1 to 2 minutes). It will have a pleasant caramel aroma.

Turn off the heat and remove pan from burner. Let the sediment settle to the bottom of the pan for a few minutes.

Pour the brown butter through a strainer into a small bowl. Do not disturb the residue at the bottom of the pan.

The brown butter can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in a microwave as needed.

Boil the pasta of choice until Al Dente. Drain pasta and divide into four servings. Spread 1/4 cup of Mizithra over each pasta serving. Top with 1/4 cup of hot brown butter.

This recipe for Old Spaghetti Factory's Spaghetti with Burnt Butter serves/makes 4

I am going to make spaghetti with burnt butter sauce, a little grated cheese... yummy. I am such a good cook I don't even know what to do with myself sometimes.
    do i detect just a little.........

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
    Tonight I'll be burning a t-bone steak and siding it with long grain wild rice and collard greens, if i feel the need I might hit up cheesecake factory for some oreo cheesecake for dessert.....................
    Thanks for the idea. i think I will go with steak, collard greens, and since
    I have 10 pounds of potatoes, I'll make mashed potatoes.

I had butter in the freezer, tastes like freezer burn, I may have to burn
    it to make it taste decent.

Veteran Poster

burnt butter sauce?
    do you have a link to the recipe?

Victoria Holyns' Webmaster.

Something my wife introduced me to for pasta dishes:

locatelli Romano.

It's fantastic.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

I donīt care about your cooking skills when i can have you for dessert,Vicki. :P

Veteran Poster

Default Re: ...................................

I like how JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's signature is a compilation of sexual images. It sort of adds a French feel to this thread about dinner.