View Poll Results: We're at the bar...Want an Irish Car Bomb (Guinness with a shot of half Baileys/half Jamesons droppe

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YEAH!! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!...

18 60.00%
  • FUCK NO!! That's disgusting/waste of Guinness/etc.

5 16.67%
  • I am Irish and take offense to this drink.

7 23.33%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: IRISH CAR BOMBS

Platinum Poster

A really great movie to be sure.

-Quinn
    Quinn, wasn't it you who mentioned the film 'Layer Cake' in another thread? Definitely another top-notch Brit crime flick...and I'm pretty sure that if you've seen Hoskins' work in 'TLGF' , that you've also seen his incredible performance in 'Mona Lisa'...

But nothing compares to that last scene in 'TLGF'....as Hoskins knows that he is being driven to his execution...that last haunting shot of his face in the rear-view mirror, without even a single word spoken, it fucking defines the word acting...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by I_love_Cristina_Bianchini
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    On a slightly lighter(and much needed) note, the first Brit crime film that I ever saw was "The Long Good Friday", and I think that most will agree that it's a top-notch crime drama...and I thought that the way that the screenplay wove the IRA into this superb crime flick was riveting...and I'm speaking as a US citizen who has since seen most Brit and Australian crime flicks of note...
    ChefMike, you should definitely then lookout for "Outlaw", which was just released in U.K. cinemas under a fortnight ago. It stars Sean Bean and Bob Hoskins (who was in "The Long Good Friday"), and is about vigilantes taking the law into their own hands, and is ultra-violent. You'll love it when the scum of the streets, "get what they deserve"!
    Thanks ILCB...your recommendation is good enough for me, I'll look for it on this side of the pond.

Yes, it was. As a genre, Brit crime flicks rate highly for me too. If by some chance you haven't seen it already, I would highly recommend Sexy Beast. Beng Kingsly was amazing as Don.

-Quinn.

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Yes, it was. As a genre, Brit crime flicks rate highly for me too. If by some chance you haven't seen it already, I would highly recommend Sexy Beast. Beng Kingsly was amazing as Don.

-Quinn.
    Seen it...co-sign on that!

Veteran Poster

Well 'crank' Jason stratham . An excellent crime flick can be seen on peek vid here for free. The site is rather tempermental but it is definately worth a watch.

http://www.peekvid.com/feature/movies/308/Crank.html

Arnie

I saw Crank and liked it. The ending surprised me a little, but in a good way. Statham is a good actor when given the right type of role. I would like to see him do more stuff.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Junior Poster

ok im lost.....there was framing yes....but the IRA(etc) did bombs...the UVF(etc) did bombs....it happened....scecefire in 94....aint happened since cept for 1 or 2 ocasions....get over it...more shit happens in america on a daily basis than happens in NI in a few years.......get over it ffs.....

There are good guys and bad guys..... in the IRA...in the British Government....in the Irish American community.... in the Republicans....in the democrats....in the protestants...in the catholics...in the Jews...in the muslims

But the bad guys always talk the loudest and rally others to their side with innocuous references and inciting blather.

Before you join a side read deep, very very deep and use your life experience to evaluate what you are being sold. You are always being sold. And no one seriously gives a fuck about YOU, unless they know you on a face to face basis. They want numbers and sheep and will blow you to get you in tow.

(should I be on a pulpit or what!)