Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

Default Smoker sued for lighting up in her garden...................

AKARP, Sweden, March 9 (UPI) -- A Swedish woman has been sued for smoking in her own garden.

Her neighbor in Akarp in southern Sweden, a lawyer, demands 15,000 kroner ($2,000) in damages for her previous smoking plus another 2,000 kroner ($280) every time she lights up in the future, The Local reported. She has received a district court summons to respond to his complaint.

"It makes me sad and angry," the 49-year-old single mom told Aftonbladet. "Should somebody else be able to control my life?"

The woman said she has already made concessions to her neighbor's dislike of cigarette smoke, including picking a spot to light up that is more than 20 feet from his property.

In court filings, the lawyer complains that he is hit with cigarette smoke every time he enters or leaves his house and has been unable to open his windows.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Junior Poster

It's about time.

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Senior Member Veteran Poster

ok, i don't smoke, but that is taking things WAY too far

:end of transmission:

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

*That* is fukkin insane!

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

I agree, Caleigh. I don't smoke, and agree that smoking should be banned in public with the exception of bars or clubs catering to smokers, but one ought to be able to smoke in one's own garden!

Veteran Poster

Finally! Now before everyone jumps on me here. Smoking is BAD and I don't care what you say if it's your right to do it or not, it's NOT your right to bring to deaths of OTHERS around you. Secondhand smoke is just as bad if not worse for others. Seriously, they should just ban tobacco worldwide and run the plant extinct!!!

Vala,

Senior Member Veteran Poster

don't hold back now Vala

:end of transmission:

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

I agree to an extent Vala

I mean if someone wants to grow stuff on their own land and slowly kill off what they're trying to grow with some of the harmful elements sometimes included in various brands of cigarettes, that's their business. I wonder what would happen if she was in her garden smoking a pipe............

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

Professional Poster

I smoke cigars in my backyard. Keeps the neighbors away.

Ancient Pervert.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

mmmmmmmmm smoking is bad mmmmmm okay?

but jesus christ, will you deliver us from self-rightious evangelicals in all their disguises.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.