Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Rookie Poster

The only thing Rush is any good for was the soundtrack for one of the funniest movies of all time...

Never wave at someone you don't know, what if they don't have a hand? They'll think you're cocky!

Quote Originally Posted by Arianna
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman2546

Yes he has been considered the Greatest Drummer. Ask anyone who knows anything about music and they will tell you.
    "Anyone"? Like who? All the guys you smoked pot with in a predominantly white suburban high school?

Get real. There are people who have far better technique, and are far more original. I'm sorry, but these "greatest rock musician" arguments are borderline-retarded.
    Never touched a joint in my life or any other drug, so before you judge, politely fuck off.
    No wonder you like Rush.
    Good comeback. I doubt I would ever look to you for opinions on musical techniques. Check out Neil's "Anatomy of a Drum Solo" or "A Work in Progress", then you will be entitled to an educated opinion.

Platinum Poster

Good comeback. I doubt I would ever look to you for opinions on musical techniques. Check out Neil's "Anatomy of a Drum Solo" or "A Work in Progress", then you will be entitled to an educated opinion.
    Sure Beavis...

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Do I have to? Well,ok; if you must, put the guy on a pedestal, and see how much I really care.

Because I'm not telling you that what you like sucks; just that throwing around opinions about who's the "greatest" is subjective at best. It's almost like men who need to drive expensive cars to forget about their small dicks.

Personally, I'd rather listen to someone like Billy Cobham, Max Roach, or even Mitch Mitchell. To me, they have both soul AND technique. Where as, that Rush guy has all the musical personality of a piece of wood.

Anyway, I really think you should start listening to Weather Report, King Crimson, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Terry Bozzio, etc. I know they don't have their album covers painted on the backs of denim jackets and printed on crap like bandanas and coffee mugs, but they're actually pretty talented musicians.

But, hey, why listen to me? I'm just some TS who thinks that guys who are soooo seriously into pretentious stuff like Rush need to get laid a lot more often. ~~~ I keed! I keed!
    I actually like a lot of what you listed because I have an open mind when it comes to music and am not quick to judge what I don't know. Musical personality of a piece of wood. Maybe read his four best selling books before you judge his personality. Would you like me to list them?

The Masked Rider
    Ghost Rider
    Traveling Music
    Roadshow

I don't mind someone's negative opinion about RUSH, if they can back it up. You haven't thus far.

Default Re: New RUSH Song - "Far Cry"

RUSH released their new single called "Far Cry" this past Monday. Probably the best song I've heard all year. It's heavy and smoking and puts this other crap I've been listening to all year to complete shame. It's so amazing that there are only three guys in this band.

Have a listen at:

www.rush.com

I can't stand Rush. I know they have a good drummer..........but it ends there for me. I hate the lead singer's vocals..........it is like when a teacher scratches the blackboard with her nails.

I am happy you are happy though

GOOD THINGS

Marjorie Taylor Greene Is A Nice Lady Platinum Poster Dino Velvet's Avatar

Man, this is an old thread to bump but I'm wondering if anyone has heard the new songs from the upcoming Clockwork Angels album. Here's a couple.

Rookie Poster

Smile

hi dino velvet!!!
    these are a great songs thank's
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nerdy_Science_Girl_Geek__by_SFToon.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	467.2 KB 
ID:	354434  

Yep, I've heard them many times. And they sound awesome LIVE. For the guy back in 2007 who says Geddy's voice sounds like finger nails down a chalk board, have a good listen. Geddy hasn't sounded like that in 30 years, unfortunately.

Also, someone said they only have a good drummer? Well, they have arguably the best drummer of all time (all you Bonham fans can save it, he's not even close), arguably the best bass player of all time, and recently voted by his peers as, currently the best guitarist in the world. Don't believe me, check out their accolades. They speak for the themselves.