Default Murtha accepts award from Code Pink

Don't cry, libtards. Murth is on your side, sorry.

January 2006... Murtha accepts award from Code Pink -- the group that harasses wounded soldiers and their families at Walter Reed Military Hospital!

Last January the war protest group Code Pink presented Rep. John Murtha their Pink Badge of Courage and pink flowers for his 'courageous stand on Iraq' following his call for the U.S. to cut and run from Iraq. (see photo to the left)

What is Code Pink ?

Code Pink is a national organization of anti-war protestors. They have protested weekly in front of the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., with their signs, chants and props. (see photo right, below)

Walter Reed is the current home of hundreds of wounded veterans from the war in Iraq. The Code Pink protesters hold signs that read "Maimed for a Lie" and "Enlist here to die for Halliburton." Along the sidewalk leading up to Walter Reed Hospital the members of Code Pink have placed mock caskets.

Because Code Pink members protest directly in front of the main entrance, family members and loved ones of the wounded are subjected to these prop caskets, hate signs and Code Pink members' taunts. Most of the demonstrations have been held on Friday evenings, a popular time for the family members of wounded soldiers to visit the hospital.

Code Pink is not your average, everyday collection of "peace activists." This is, after all, the group that raised $600,000 last year to aid terrorists in Fallujah. As Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin put it at the time, "I don't know of any other case in history in which the parents of fallen soldiers collected medicines for the families of the 'other side'." Ms. Benjamin and the other co-founders of Code Pink have been "on the other side" for quite a while. They also back anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan.

Comments from former Marine officer regarding Murtha and Code Pink:

As a former Marine officer, and with my Marine son returning to the Sunni Triangle within days, I have never been as ashamed as I am now to think that John Murtha was a "fellow" Marine. I just went to the "boot Murtha" website, and was astonished to learn that he was recently the recipient of a Code Pink "Pink Badge of Courage" award. Having carefully researched Code Pink's Marxist propaganda in the past (Medea Benjamin, one of its founders, being a disciple or at least adoring groupie of Fidel Castro and apologist for North Korea), I became almost apoplectic when I saw a photograph of him smiling and obviously quite pleased as he stood between two of the little neo-Marxist Code Pink clones who presented him the award. I don't know if he has Alzheimer disease, as my father did at Murtha's age, or if Murtha has sold his soul to the far Left to stay in office, but that one photograph symbolizes the depth of his spiraling descent into a amoral abyss.

His prejudicial comments about the young Marines at Haditha were deplorable enough, but that Code Pink award photograph, more than any other photograph, should be circulated to every Marine in his district with a full description of Code Pink's radical ideology and past conduct that borders on treason. Suffice it to say, Murtha will not be welcome at Marine reunions.

I have say, that as a veteran, I find this entirely appalling and typical of leftist libtard backbiting.

Rookie Poster

code pink=dikes on bikes