Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Default what religion do you observe and why?

just wanted a samplin..

Global Warming: Because it's true. Unproven, but true!!

I have faith!

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    Global Warming: Because it's true. Unproven, but true!!

I have faith!
    Good one, TFan. As Homer Simpson would say, "It's funny because it's true."

The religion I practice is Christianity. That is to say, genuine Christianity, per Jesus Christ's commandments--quite unlike most who call themselves "Christians."

The reason I practice this religion is because it is simply following the truth to its utmost--as Jesus Christ said, no one comes to the Father except via truth. But even so, there is nothing more hated in this world than the truth, which is why Jesus Christ and His early followers were all put to death.

Jesus Christ is simply the personification of truth, as well as an actual person who walked the Earth. Those who think they have salvation by worshiping the name "Jesus" have totally failed to grasp Christ's message. First of all, Jesus in an Anglicism of Yeshua or Yehoshua, and so those who think worshiping a certain person by a certain name will bring them salvation and who do so by worshiping "Jesus" are thereby worshiping the wrong person. Rather, Jesus Christ said that He *is* the truth. The only way to worship Jesus Christ is by following the feared, hated, and dangerous truth to the end. If one does so then one is a Christian, regardless of what name one chooses to call oneself. If one does not do so, then one is not a Christian, even if one should like to believe oneself a Christian.

For much more on this, particularly see the first section of my below article:

"Existential Truth," TetrahedronOmega, March 14, 2007 http://www.armleg.com/forum/viewtopi...ibertyandtruth

See also my below article:

"Jesus Is an Anarchist," James Redford, revised and expanded edition, June 1, 2006 (originally published December 19, 2001) http://praxeology.net/anarchist-jesus.pdf

Boys will be girls.

Author (under a nom de plume) of "Jesus Is an Anarchist", Dec. 4, 2011, http://ssrn.com/abstract=1337761 ; Theophysics, http://theophysics.freevar.com .

I observe all of them and let the dog out when their representatives come in the yard soliciting my money or my soul.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Professional Poster

wasnt LIBERALITY one of the seven virtues for christians,while gluttony and pride(see halliburton and d.cheney) sins?

"Liberality"?

No. The foundation of Christianity is the words and revelation of god as they are documented in the bible.

The living word.

Professional Poster

hey tfan what are the seven deadly sins for bible thumpers?

Senior Member Veteran Poster

I was born and raised agnostic

:end of transmission:

i was raised catholic and observe no organized religion... aka i dont hand over 10 percent of my salary

u will be fucking fat bitches in no time

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

i keep my mind open, but i don't believe in fairy tales.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.