Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Let's Remember the First Trannies on the Internet!

I remember when the first trannies on the internet migrated from newsgroups to the web. That was about ten years ago. It doesn't seem very long ago to me, but it's weird to think that a lot of twenty-somethings have basically always had the web and email in their lives.

So who was first? Certainly one of the first was Ledamay, who I was amazed recently to discover still has a website. From the beginning her site was badly designed and confusing to navigate and it's still the same today. She hasn't learned a damned thing about site design in 10 years.

Another early site was URnotalone, which still soldiers on. Vicky Renee still has her site, which caters more to cross dressers than to transsexuals or transgendered women.

But there were so many gorgeous girls in the infancy of the web whose sites are no longer around.

Any in particular you remember?

Junior Poster

Default Re: Let's Remember the First Trannies on the Internet!

Quote Originally Posted by EdelweissFan
    Certainly one of the first was Ledamay...She hasn't learned a damned thing about site design in 10 years.
    ZING! Good one.

Any in particular you remember?
    Hmmm, have to dive back into my early "running up my credit card bill because AOL charged by the minute" memories.

Amy Neels of Albany, NY was a hottie. Long ass legs, and quite the hedonist.

There was a girl named Dusty from Florida I remember clearly. From what I've heard (in fact, I believe from these forums) is that she went back into full time boy mode.

Another girl that's been around for years, and is still going strong is Anna Christopher and her Femm.com website.

Success lies not in being the best, but in doing your best.

Professional Poster

Leda is cool chick. Is she still around?

Ancient Pervert.

I still check out Vicki Rene's site. It's a huge site with lots of girls of all types and lots of info. Some of the earliest sites I remember were Jamie Austin, Nicole Asahi, Kalina Isato, Georgette (a pretty German girl) and Tawny Babe. Some of these are still out there. Another huge site is Susana Marques who has a directory of TG sites on Geocities.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Wow, thanks for responding and sending me even further down memory lane!

I would guess that Ledamay is actually the very first. I remember her on some news group like "alt.sex.transgendered" or maybe it was "soc.culture.transgenered" and she used to post pics of herself in bit form and you had to run a program to turn them into pics on your computer. All the "serious" transwomen would trash her for "exploiting" her own body and being a bad role model for the transgendered community. Then all of a sudden a number of people say, something like, there's a new part of the internet called the web, and it allows graphics and pictures! Wowee!

And immediately Ledamay was there with her crazy site.

I'm amazed that Susana Marques is still active! I thought most of geocities's "neighborhood" domain structure was "bulldozed" when it was purchased by yahoo.

TawnyBabe was pretty amazing. She was certainly goodlooking, but what was amazing was her personal story which she posted in an early version of "blogging" before blogging had a name. Lots of gender confusion, divorce from her GG wife, drinking, business gambles and reverses, more drinking, financial struggles. It was a little overwhelming.

Remember the girl who hosted Tgirls magazine? She was a pretty latina, in Boston, I think originally from Venezuela or Argentina.

Amy Neels, Nicole Asahi and Kalina were early legends also.

Remember something called something like Rincon Latina? It was a group of related TV/TS personal sites by women from Latin America and Spain?

It seemed that a lot of the early web girls were cross dressers, straight guys with wives who had a compulsion to dress (and write about it), but really gorgeous, convincing ones.

There was a Japanese fetish girl named Ruberella who wrote in maybe the worst English ever posted on the internet -- it was hilarious trying to decifer what she was trying to say.

One more thing. There was a forum associated with the NYC transgenered/fetish club, Queen Mother, that was active for a while back in the late 90s and early 00s. But these were more drag queens, gay men who dressed and fetish queens that transsexuals and shemales. Wonder if any of the NYers who participate here particpated in Queen Mother forums.

Junior Poster

Just found a couple of time machines.

Thanks to your mentioning of VickyRenee still being on line, I found a mention of what it actually was -- Vanity Clubs, and there was a latin Vanity Club, I think.

Anyway, Vanity Club still exists and the first page of the yearbook is in somewhat chronological order so it shows the original net transgirls.

One sad thing though is that most of the original net transgirls were CDs who did not take hormones. Back then they were 20 something twinks who could make a convincing girl. Ten to twelve years on, most of them look like middle aged guys with wigs. Cathy Rogers was gorgeous back then, not so much now. So if you go to VanityClub don't think us old timers were crazy for thinking the members were quite attractive in their heydays.

Also, URNotAlone I discovered allows you to view the pages the old way -- in chronological order of joining, which reminded me that Vicky, the SO of the site webmaster Jon, was one of the first. I see she now describes herself as "gay transvestite," now that she is about 15 years older than when she started rather than as a transsexual, which is how I remember herself identifying. Again, her current pics don't do her justice to what a hottie she was on the early web. Unfortunately, URnotalone now requires you to join to see their content beyond the first page.

Can't believe Vicky is almost 40 now. She was like in her early 20s when she first started on the net.

I'm gonna join URnotalone so I can see the rest of their pages.

Ur not alone is run by jerks that wont let me join. I guess you have to be pathetic to join. who needs them.

Nadia Valentine site:

www.Shemale-Listing.com New and Improved in 2011

Amy Neels, Nicole Asahi and Kalina were early legends also.
    Thanks EdelweissFan and thank you, too, eggbert!

Junior Poster

I remember Cherysse St-Claire (sp.?) was pretty hot, with lots of ankle bracelets and blond hair.

Quote Originally Posted by NadiaUSA
    Ur not alone is run by jerks that wont let me join. I guess you have to be pathetic to join. who needs them.
    Why wouldn't they let you join?

>:-> buddakan for lunch, morimoto for dinner makes a tgirl bubblier, happier, and keeps her shape thinner...