Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

...and the Kurds are still happy!

John Ellis Bush in 2012!

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    Quote Originally Posted by olite71
    Hell, the shareholders of Halliburton and Raytheon are very happy too, What's your point?
    LMAO!!!

Halliburton lost about 2.5 BILLION dollars in 2006 doing work in Iraq that BIG OIL won't do. How are they happy?

Halliburton's shareholders have made a ton of money from 2003 through 2007... The war has enhanced their position not hurt it, even including the loss you cite above.
    While true that speculators have driven the stock up, that has hardly anything to do with anything.

Don't play dumb--or is that what you do when you don't have a point? Speculators alone have not driven the stock up--Halliburton has reaped gigantic profits in the last four years which has a hell of a lot more to do with the stock prices than does speculation. This isn't some kind of penny stock or internet stock--this is a company with hard assets and technology that trades on its earnings reports.

That being said--let me put a dose of ritalin back into the conversation so you don't lose the thread of the issue--which was--the fact that the Kurds are happy is about as relevant as the state of bliss that Halliburton stockholders are in as a result of the Iraq War.....All wars put some segment of the populace in a better position---but unless the war WAS FOR THE PURPOSE OF PUTTING THAT SEGMENT IN A BETTER POSITION, the war has not achieved its aims.

Now, as I look back, I do not remember in 2003 our President stating that we need to go into Iraq to "make the Kurds happy," or to "put Halliburton in a better financial situation."

And that is the point of the thread---The Kurds being happy? (even assuming that were true) is completely irrelevant. Just as irrelevant as the happiness of Halliburton shareholders....Capisci?

Hell, the shareholders of Halliburton and Raytheon are very happy too, What's your point?
    LMAO!!!

Halliburton lost about 2.5 BILLION dollars in 2006 doing work in Iraq that BIG OIL won't do. How are they happy?

Halliburton's shareholders have made a ton of money from 2003 through 2007... The war has enhanced their position not hurt it, even including the loss you cite above.
    While true that speculators have driven the stock up, that has hardly anything to do with anything.

Don't play dumb--or is that what you do when you don't have a point? Speculators alone have not driven the stock up--Halliburton has reaped gigantic profits in the last four years which has a hell of a lot more to do with the stock prices than does speculation. This isn't some kind of penny stock or internet stock--this is a company with hard assets and technology that trades on its earnings reports.
    Or speculation on earnings outlooks, which is why they're called "SPECULATORS".

Junior Poster

LMAO!!!

Or speculation on earnings outlooks, which is why they're called "SPECULATORS".

Even if speculation was 99% of the reason-- it is still speculation on earnings' outlooks BECAUSE of EARNINGS POTENTIALS IN IRAQ--which in essence is my point---increased stock price BECAUSE of IRAQ (whether caused by speculation on future earnings in Iraq or by ACTUAL earnings in Iraq)...so even assuming your cause of the increase in stock price is correct, you still do not rebut my assertion that Halliburton's association with the war in Iraq makes Halliburton shareholders happy.

Thanks for playing, though.

And that is the point of the thread---The Kurds being happy? (even assuming that were true) is completely irrelevant. Just as irrelevant as the happiness of Halliburton shareholders....Capisci?

http://www.kurdsloveamerica.com/

Wake up and smell the Baklava!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture_2_793.png 
Views:	202 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	85901  

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by guyone

Wake up and smell the Baklava!

Yeah, I know the drill--when you run out of ideas (or have none to begin with) post pictures and captions.

Even if speculation was 99% of the reason-- it is still speculation on earnings' outlooks BECAUSE of EARNINGS POTENTIALS IN IRAQ--which in essence is my point---increased stock price BECAUSE of IRAQ (whether caused by speculation on future earnings in Iraq or by ACTUAL earnings in Iraq)...so even assuming your cause of the increase in stock price is correct, you still do not rebut my assertion that Halliburton's association with the war in Iraq makes Halliburton shareholders happy.
    LOL. What? You think Michael Moore and other Halliburton shareholders are the only group making money? What about Mrs Diane Feinstein's Perini Corp?

Junior Poster

LOL. What? You think Michael Moore and other Halliburton shareholders are the only group making money? What about Mrs Diane Feinstein's Perini Corp?

That is completely irrelevant.... But thank you for admitting my point in your zeal to point out that other Republican bugbears are making money TOO.

Sooner or later every kindergarnder falls into that trap. Like I said, if you were concerned with ideas instead of cheerleading, you maybe would have something to say.

That is completely irrelevant.... But thank you for admitting my point in your zeal to point out that other Republican bugbears are making money TOO.

Sooner or later every kindergarnder falls into that trap. Like I said, if you were concerned with ideas instead of cheerleading, you maybe would have something to say.

One of the reasons for American global dominance is the incentive to innovate. It's why we're dominant and winning in Iraq. Take away the carrot at the end of the stick and we're Soviet Russia. If the strength of America's military is diminished then so will our global dominance and way of life as well.

OLITE71:

You must live one door over from Ted Kaczynski.

Click the link. See I made it real pretty for you.

The president of Kurdistan has nothing but praise for America. If you still don't believe that then it's time to get back on your meds.