Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Ok.... back to the movie, I just got back. I left the theatre at like midnight and its 1:28am. It was amazing!! I'm the kind of person that gets excited when blood is spilt (fight club drives me wild)!!! I was throwing punches and having a blast just leaving the theatre. I read the comic and yeah the historical facts are good too, but this movie is a glorious blood bath and one of my friends commented I had a smile from the point the messenger was kicked into the well till the very end of the movie. I recommend EVERYONE go see this!!!

5 Star Poster

Wow. Just got back from seeing it.
    Random thoughts:
    People friggin' lived back then.
    I've never really thought about what it was really like back then so deeply. To fight, to wage war, what the planet looked like in that area.
    This movie has a lot of great qualities. But seen with the knowledge that Frank Miller might be thought of as an extreme right winger - plus the way the Persians alternately go down like the battle droids in a Star Wars flick, or are depicted as monstrous - well the thought crossed my mind that this film is probably going to cause as many guys to sign up for the military as Top Gun did. I walked out of the theatre pretty pumped, went outside, noticed a pretty black girl walking in front of me with her eyes down and wondered what she was thinking about. (blacks, asians, arabs...they're reduced to spear fodder, at least it seems that way at the moment.)
    Strange how you can feel two ways at once about something - I've got that 'Hell yeah' kind of post-Braveheart testosterone going, but also thinking about these other things.
    On the level of these men fighting for the lives of their people though, it was pretty damn moving. Strange how people have been so warlike - for what? Stay at home and work the land. So many people and civilizations wasted.
    Final note: I read yesterday that Iranians are saying this film is propaganda - seeing the Iranian King as a seven foot tall gay black man, it was easy to see why they probably won't be handing the DVD out for stocking stuffers this year...

5 Star Poster

and, oh yeah. "Tonight we dine in Hell!!!!"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1174123133327_886.jpg 
Views:	632 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	86577  

Rookie Poster

Well then---are you a theologian or a spartan?

remember the part of the movie when the king of sparta--i can't remember his name--had an "opinion" about his fellow greeks?

Rookie Poster

The movie sucked. It was just a tower of historical inaccuracies. One can't help but wonder if they purposefully 'demonised' the ancient Persians in an attempt to condition gullible Americans to the prospect of an invasion of Iran. The acting sucked, the script sucked, the only good thing to come out of it was the CGI effects they used in the battlescenes. Kind of Matrix-esque. I thought they couldn't fuck up such an epic storyline. I thought wrong...

5 Star Poster

well...it was based on a comic book

Quote Originally Posted by panama_red
    The movie sucked. It was just a tower of historical inaccuracies. One can't help but wonder if they purposefully 'demonised' the ancient Persians in an attempt to condition gullible Americans to the prospect of an invasion of Iran. The acting sucked, the script sucked, the only good thing to come out of it was the CGI effects they used in the battlescenes. Kind of Matrix-esque. I thought they couldn't fuck up such an epic storyline. I thought wrong...
    Just to let you know...300 was based on a comic book...published in 1998. The imagery from the film was based on the original comic book art. It loosely depicts historical events, and was obviously made to entertain. You're looking too deep into the film.

The acting was better than I thought it would be. Not too many people are complaining about the film.

Rookie Poster

I know it was based on a comic book... but even so. I hate Hollywood films which trivialise great chapters in history. It's the fuckin' principle, man!

"300" was all flash and zero substance like buying a Ferrari and getting it home and realizing they sold you the only 4 cylinder Ferrari in history....it looked pretty but the fight scenes needed help,the acting was atrocious,the dialogue was laughable,but hey other then that...it was solid!

Rookie Poster

I AM IN 300 TOO AND I HAVE SEX WITH KING LEO :P DANMMM...HE'S HOT AND REALLY GOOD IN BED
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	300artmp71_625.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	86675