Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Review: John Kerry lies

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

5 Star Poster

Come on man, you can do better than rehashing this pile of shit. The Swift Boat Veterans' ads have been debunked and discredited.

According to Wiki:
    Among the first to question the veracity of the first ad was Republican Senator John McCain, a Bush supporter, Vietnam veteran, and former POW. He said, "I condemn the [SBVT] ad, it is dishonest and dishonorable, I think it is very, very wrong".

The first SBVT ad was contradicted by the statements of several other veterans who observed the incidents, by the Navy's official records, and, in some instances, by the contemporaneous statements of SBVT members themselves.

Several major newspapers were also skeptical of the SBVT allegations. For example, a New York Times news article stated, "on close examination, the accounts of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth prove to be riddled with inconsistencies."

Regarding the medal dispute, a Los Angeles Times editorial (August 24, 2004, p. B10) stated, "Not limited by the conventions of our colleagues in the newsroom, we can say it outright: These charges against John Kerry are false." The editorial argued this position on the basis that "Kerry is backed by almost all those who witnessed the events in question, as well as by documentation."

On August 22, 2004 The Washington Post reported: "An investigation by The Washington Post into what happened that day suggests that both sides have withheld information from the public record and provided an incomplete, and sometimes inaccurate, picture of what took place. But although Kerry's accusers have succeeded in raising doubts about his war record, they have failed to come up with sufficient evidence to prove him a liar."

The ABC television show Nightline traveled to Vietnam and interviewed Vietnamese who were involved in the battle for which Kerry was awarded the Silver Star. These witnesses disputed O'Neill's charge that there "was little or no fire" that day; they said that the fighting was fierce.

SBVT characterized itself as a non-partisan group both in the legal sense and in spirit, yet several prominent individuals who assisted SBVT also have had close ties to the Republican Party. According to information released by the IRS on February 22, 2005, more than half of the group's reported contributions came from just three sources, all prominent Texas Republican donors: Houston builder Bob J. Perry, a longtime supporter of George W. Bush, donated $4.45 million, Harold Simmons' Contrans donated $3 million, and T. Boone Pickens, Jr. donated $2 million. Other major contributors included Bush fundraiser Carl Lindner ($300,000), Robert Lindner ($260,000), GOP contributor Aubrey McClendon ($250,000), George Matthews Jr. ($250,000), and Crow Holdings ($100,000).
    From the New York Times:
    The strategy the veterans devised would ultimately paint John Kerry the war hero as John Kerry the "baby killer" and the fabricator of the events that resulted in his war medals. But on close examination, the accounts of Swift Boat Veterans for Truth' prove to be riddled with inconsistencies. In many cases, material offered as proof by these veterans is undercut by official Navy records and the men's own statements.

Several of those now declaring Mr. Kerry "unfit" had lavished praise on him, some as recently as last year.

In an unpublished interview in March 2003 with Mr. Kerry's authorized biographer, Douglas Brinkley, provided by Mr. Brinkley to The New York Times, Roy F. Hoffmann, a retired rear admiral and a leader of the group, allowed that he had disagreed with Mr. Kerry's antiwar positions but said, "I am not going to say anything negative about him." He added, "He's a good man."

In a profile of the candidate that ran in The Boston Globe in June 2003, Mr. Hoffmann approvingly recalled the actions that led to Mr. Kerry's Silver Star: "It took guts, and I admire that."

George Elliott, one of the Vietnam veterans in the group, flew from his home in Delaware to Boston in 1996 to stand up for Mr. Kerry during a tough re-election fight, declaring at a news conference that the action that won Mr. Kerry a Silver Star was "an act of courage." At that same event, Adrian L. Lonsdale, another Vietnam veteran now speaking out against Mr. Kerry, supported him with a statement about the "bravado and courage of the young officers that ran the Swift boats."

"Senator Kerry was no exception," Mr. Lonsdale told the reporters and cameras assembled at the Charlestown Navy Yard. "He was among the finest of those Swift boat drivers."

Those comments echoed the official record. In an evaluation of Mr. Kerry in 1969, Mr. Elliott, who was one of his commanders, ranked him as "not exceeded" in 11 categories, including moral courage, judgment and decisiveness, and "one of the top few" - the second-highest distinction - in the remaining five. In written comments, he called Mr. Kerry "unsurpassed," "beyond reproach" and "the acknowledged leader in his peer group."
    There's more were that came from, TFan.

I'm not a Kerry fan, but I was annoyed to see how the truth was being rewritten to condemn a man who had done nothing wrong and I am annoyed how some talking heads still blindly repeat the lies they have been told.

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    Come on man, you can do better than rehashing this pile of shit. The Swift Boat Veterans' ads have been debunked and discredited.
    Really? Kerry lost the election, but this has been discredited? LMAO

Keep talking.

5 Star Poster

Don`t forget Kerry`s super secret boat rides into Cambodia,

his brief case with the secret compartment for his magical beret,

his bo-bo scratch that required a band-aid and a purple heart,

etc, etc, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kerrysboat1_390.jpg 
Views:	990 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	85288  

5 Star Poster

I was never a huge fan of Kerry, because I feel he is as tied to corporate interests almost as much as Bush, and because he never convinced me of his leadership skills, but the lies that were used to fight him during his campaign were abonimable.

TFan, Kerry may have lost, but I have shown you that the Swift Boat Veterans ad was based on a tissue of lies. You can laugh your ass off all you want, and, admittedly, your good ol' boy did win the elections, but the ad you present is a pile of shit.

And really there is no point rehashing such crap. You only make yourself look like a fool.

Neither of you too neocon genius (and I mean that word as ironically as possible) have proven anything or said anything but hot air.

Keep laughing? Well, the state of the world is somthing to cry about, true. But one can't help but laugh at you and the half-digested tripe you keep serving .

EL OH fucking EL smartasses, EL OH fucking EL...

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

stillies77

he didnt win the election...get over it Conserv...tards....whatever.

The swift boat guys lost all respect from me when they went after McCain in the '00 primaries. I can't help but wonder who is calling the shorts with that faction given their calculated attack of McCain (to help ensure Bush would win the 00 primaries) and later Kerry.

Say what you will about McCain's political positions, but there is simply no excuse what-so-ever to mount personal attacks on such a military hero.

This is exactly the same kind of bullshit that was used against Admiral Stockdale (who I would have taken over Clinton or either bush anyday... I wish he had been #1 on that ticket, and not #2 to Perot...).

Do we *really* want to go down the road of playing games over who deserves which medals in which wars? If we agree to play that one, some legitimate military heroes WILL be hurt in the process. I, for one, think that our living veterans need not worry about someone appearing on their door step in the future to question their military record as a basis to form meaningless political debates or positions.

As to lieing... isn't that one of the prerequisites to being a politician? I wouldn't want a brutally honest president who would give away any secret, when asked by anyone, in the name of 'being honest'.

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Professional Poster

the swift boat puppeteers?yeah they didnt like mcain's maverick side and he might not be corraled in with the military/industrial/oil/gas/lobbies...

John Kerry lies -

Yeah he does, which one of our fine politicians don't. The problem was the Dem's ran Herman Munster against Curious George and they underestimated middle america's love of animated monkeys over ketchup!

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    John Kerry lies -

Yeah he does, which one of our fine politicians don't. The problem was the Dem's ran Herman Munster against Curious George and they underestimated middle america's love of animated monkeys over ketchup!

Don't you mean, "Mommy's" Ketchup.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kerry_golddigger_998.jpg 
Views:	824 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	86286