Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Kelly is a TURBO-POSTER for sure,but she does not count.She is listed as hung angel.

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    A dubious honor on my part?

We've butted heads a few times, but what with you being a Buddhist, and myself being basically a hothead(not that there's anything wrong with that!), I take full responsibility for those occasions, Ecstatic.

I have always enjoyed your posts, and I have always been impressed by your intellect and insight...
    Thanks, Chefmike. We may have butted heads a few times, but we've had some really good exchanges as well. I remember especially sharing some culinary tips, as I was a professional cook in another life (ok, not the Buddhist sort of another life, but over a quarter of a century ago).

Hmmm, getting hungry, thinking about a Kelly burger.... Seriously, a food thread would be good, any exciting new ideas? I've been cooking a lot of venison lately.
    I have a favorite "comfort food" recipe for venison or beef. It's a simple stew flavored with a little thyme and a generous amount of cumin. Throw in some garlic and pearl onions and thicken a good brown stock. But the kicker is green olives, and I like the lemon stuffed ones for this dish....Serve over couscous, rice, pasta, whatever...you won't be disappointed.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    I have a favorite "comfort food" recipe for venison or beef. It's a simple stew flavored with a little thyme and a generous amount of cumin. Throw in some garlic and pearl onions and thicken a good brown stock. But the kicker is green olives, and I like the lemon stuffed ones for this dish....Serve over couscous, rice, pasta, whatever...you won't be disappointed.
    I've made similar stews many times--as you say, simple, easy, and so delish--but I never thought to try lemon stuffed green olives. I can see where the lemon would add just the right edge to the cumin, olives, and go well with venison, or lamb. Thanks for the suggestion!

Junior Poster

* Deleted *

Junior Poster

Okay, I know I've been here for about 5 minutes, so everyone is dying to hear my input, but nothing really captures just how dysfunctional this place is right down to the crazy color scheme like Prince. Therefore I propose the following rankings

0-99 - When Doves Cry
    100-199 - Controversy
    200-299 - Erotic City
    300-399 - Raspberry Beret
    400-499 - I want to be your lover
    500-999 - Little Red Corvette
    1000-1998 - Purple Rain
    1999-1999 - 1999
    2000-2999 - DMSR
    3000-3999 - Kiss
    4000-4999 - Seven
    5000+ - Sexy M.F.