Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Some don't see gay rights as civil rights

Why is it african americans's don't look at gay rights being the same as civil rights,the reason i ask this is because i recently watched an interview the person said most blacks feel being gay is a choice and their skin color isn't,he also thats the reason african americans's forgave isaiah washington so quick and rewarded him with a naacp award. Truly that can't be shared by most african americans,a struggle is a struggle correct?

maybe cause a gay person can choose to stay in the closet to avoid discrimination, an option not available to a person of color.

Give gays rights and you have to give pedophiles rights, too. They were born that way they say.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    Give gays rights and you have to give pedophiles rights, too. They were born that way they say.
    Give him enough rope.....

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Hmmm one is criminal and the other isn't (any longer)?
    Funny enough when being gay was a crime, you could marry a 13 yr old - guess nothing much has changed in some hilbillys minds?

seanchai

Ironic that some blacks would say that given there's so many black men on the down low. I think it mostly has to do with education, in the sense that we've learned about things like the Civil Rights Movement through either living through it or in school, but gay rights isn't taught to anyone. If people can be educated on the subject, they'll be able to form a more well-rounded opinion.

Of course, this is with anyone.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai

Hmmm one is criminal and the other isn't (any longer)?
    Funny enough when being gay was a crime, you could marry a 13 yr old - guess nothing much has changed in some hilbillys minds?

seanchai

70 years ago, gays were as ostracized as pedophiles are today.

Just like pedophilia today, homosexuality was in the APA books as a mental disorder.

Just like pedophiles today, homosexuals lobbied for their "rights"

The APA will cave and declassify pedophilia as a mental disorder. Not because it isn't, but because of political pressure. This is how homosexuality was removed from the DSM, not through facts but through political pressure.

Don't rely on the law to protect society when dealing with radical leftist organizations like the Gay Liberation Front. Just like San Francisco in 1973, groups like NAMBLA will adopt the same protest-storming tactics that the GLF used to get homosexuality declassified.

Can't give a definitive answer, although my impression is that the black community is generally less culturally accepting of homosexuality for whatever reason (witness the infamous rant by a preacher sermonizing-- rather graphically-- about lesbian sex a year or so ago). That's just judging from political debates. I'll leave the psych 101 to those so inclined.

And I'll ignore the pedophile bit. Comparing consenting adults to abusing kids is sick stuff. Wait. Now I haven't ignored it. My first post, and I blew it. Damn.

SkyTwo[/quote]

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    Ironic that some blacks would say that given there's so many black men on the down low. I think it mostly has to do with education, in the sense that we've learned about things like the Civil Rights Movement through either living through it or in school, but gay rights isn't taught to anyone. If people can be educated on the subject, they'll be able to form a more well-rounded opinion.

Of course, this is with anyone.
    So its mainly them being uneducated on homosexuality i think i get what your saying.

Rookie Poster

What Gay rights specifically are you talking about? Is it the right to wed, and similar tax incentives? lol

Other than that am I hearing Gay people can't ride on the front of the bus now?

Just here to meet friends