Veteran Poster

Default Showtime presents the T- Word ?

Since there is the L WORD series on cable television which
    dedicated to lesbians and the long running QUEER FOLKs series
    that's dedicated to gay men, when can we expect Showtime
    to get going on a " transexual " series ?

i've never watched Queer Folks series but only heard about
    being successful but i do watch L-Word and it's been a
    very good watch
    it has one transgendered cast member (female to male)
    but i'd like to see more.
    Though it's for entertainment viewing, i'd like to see more
    and more transexual lifestyle exposure to the general audience.

Professional Poster

Default Media panders to idiot masses

The problem with inclusion of Transgendered issues and people in mainstream television is that programmes generally don't sell advertising space/get ratings unless they appeal to a large audience. Given the low frequency of Transgendered people and general public ignorance it is probably hard to commercially market a show featuring these themes. Most instances I have seen of M2F Transexuals on television lean towards the element of 'entertainment' for a largely 'straight', 'Secretly curious' or just 'ignorant' audience. The dick is the 'punchline' in other words, From 'crying game' to 'something about..' to the repeteitve springer/maury type shows. Don't get me wrong, I always liked seeing those shows, before the net I never saw 'convincing' girls much(that I know of), but these shows always use the 'line up' format, rarely showing the girl's daily lives or a decent interview. People are interested but the girls have to be adamant that they are respected and not just featured for thier 'status' or misrepresented

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

Gold Poster

In my opinion its because they wrongfully put transgendered in the same gay catergory.

In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

Default Re: Media panders to idiot masses

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    The problem with inclusion of Transgendered issues and people in mainstream television is that programmes generally don't sell advertising space/get ratings unless they appeal to a large audience. Given the low frequency of Transgendered people and general public ignorance it is probably hard to commercially market a show featuring these themes. Most instances I have seen of M2F Transexuals on television lean towards the element of 'entertainment' for a largely 'straight', 'Secretly curious' or just 'ignorant' audience.

The dick is the 'punchline' in other words, From 'crying game' to 'something about..' to the repeteitve springer/maury type shows.

Don't get me wrong, I always liked seeing those shows, before the net I never saw 'convincing' girls much(that I know of), but these shows always use the 'line up' format, rarely showing the girl's daily lives or a decent interview. People are interested but the girls have to be adamant that they are respected and not just featured for thier 'status' or misrepresented
    Great post !

Particularly liked 'the dick is the punchline', it says it all in terms
    of how the mainstream media likes to portray transpeople.

Professional Poster

Copied from Gia Darling's Myspace blog.... Good luck mofo's.....

05 Mar 2007, 22:04
    Subject I NEED A DATE FOR THIS FRIDAY!!!! 3-9-07
    Body: you heard it right people! i need a date! a little arm candy if you would! LOL i am looking for a few good men or atleast one!! LOL that might be interested in going on a blind date with me this friday!
    the date would be taped for television you would be asked to talk about your feelings before during and after the date the whole point of the date is to show how there truly is no diference between a TS girl and a genetic girl some people out there seem to think that its like dating a Martian thats why i whant to do this and show how normal it can be who know we might hit it off!!! right? this is open to anyone in the USA if you are picked the show will cover your hotel , travel and meals to and wile in Los Angeles if you come from outside LA are you will have to be able to come in on thursday 3-8-07 and would be done sometime friday 3-9-07 if you have a curent picture on your profile send me your phone number and if your picked the producers of the show will contact you with further details or you can send your pictures and contact information (phone number atleast with the photo) to casting@darlingmodel.com subject BLIND DATE (this in no way is a sexual topic its more about the human side of a date with a ts girl) this is serious so only send your info if are interested 100% thank you again and maybe i will see you soon! be well and lets make it happen!

Gia Darling

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.