Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Junior Poster

Colostomy bags, huh? Must be a bitch trying to find matching shoes!

unfortunately, as cosmetic surgery becomes more accessible to all, people no longer have to accept nature's imperfections. it's really symbolic of the 'quick fix' society we live in.

so at what point, how much responsibility should the medical community be held accountable for? its incredibly sad to think that people are so full of self-loathing that they would go to such lengths to be `perfect'.
    Sorry, I just can not agree with that argument. As cosmetic surgery becomes available- people who need it can be better apt to obtain it.

The term elective, when dealing with procedures such as cosmetic surgery- is a very arbitrary thing, and to deny... or worse yet... make it harder than it already is, for certain people to get certain procedures, is a notion that is extremely unsettling.

Reconstructive surgery, although a subcategory of cosmetic procedures, are routinely rejected by health care providers, and can be extremely expensive

I would hope that we have a society that still encourages responsibility and accountability of its citizens. If I accidentally stab my leg with my screwdriver- should I go take snapon to court? I would certainly HOPE that I have the ability to dictate the medical decisions regarding my own body as long as I have the ability to consent to things.

Although the procedure in this thread is nothing less than disgusting, and is as illogical to me as getting industrial grade silicone injected in someone's arse in a basement in a shack in the inner city... I do not think that such is the grounds for making cosmetic procedures, as a blanket category- harder to obtain than things already are.

Are we to honestly believe that we must go back to the old system of acquiring ts related cosmetic procedures based upon the personal beliefs of a board of doctors who shall sit as gate keeper judges to restrict such procedures on the basis of sexual orientation, height or shoe size?

And maybe its easier to withdraw from life
    With all of its misery and wretched lies
    If we're dead when tomorrow's gone
    The Big Machine will just move on
    Still we cling afraid we'll fall
    Clinging like the memory which haunts us all

Rookie Poster

Well Vicki, you sure stirred up a "crock of shit" there!! It just confirms an old Limey's view that there's an awful lot of people across the pond who've had a "humourectomy". The U in "humour" was probably a giveaway without my confession!!