Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Silvester
    OK, let's not get too deep on the UFO issue here, anyone seen a Ghost???
    september 05

. I had a cat, and she sometimes didn't come in certain parts of the house, which had a messed up history in the first place. That day she went to this one specific spot, sniffed, and ran away scared. I felt a strange presence also, but I always feel things, no biggie. Iwent to sleep during a bad rain storm and I woke up b/c I felt like I was being watched. I looked over and standing in that same EXACT spot was a long haired woman covered in blood, and all of the sudden I felt her rage/evil. Then like that she was gone. Plus I was living in the house with some crazy girl who seemed to be a host for evil spirits. Needless to say I don't live there anymore...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Caleigh
    I do agree that the physical difficulty of travelling between solar systems is QUITE large. Pretty much impossible. If you are travelling very fast then even the tiniest object in your path would pierce right through your craft. Even at the speed of light it would take years, decades. On the other hand we don't know everything there is to know about physics and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.
    The Universe is quite an old place. I feel and believe that there are many forms of life out there and that it's possible that there can be races of intelligent beings who not only solved that problem of distence and time, but use it regularly. anyone who says it's too far or too long is just applying the idea that if we have a certain level of technology, than any other life out there has the SAME level or less. It's pretty much what I call "Human Chauvanisim" :P

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border
    september 05

. I had a cat, and she sometimes didn't come in certain parts of the house, which had a messed up history in the first place. That day she went to this one specific spot, sniffed, and ran away scared. I felt a strange presence also, but I always feel things, no biggie. Iwent to sleep during a bad rain storm and I woke up b/c I felt like I was being watched. I looked over and standing in that same EXACT spot was a long haired woman covered in blood, and all of the sudden I felt her rage/evil. Then like that she was gone. Plus I was living in the house with some crazy girl who seemed to be a host for evil spirits. Needless to say I don't live there anymore...
    Animals often are more aware of the world than we are. When the tsunamis hit, people said the animals were acting funny before it happened. We as a species don't have this, a price paid of being "civililzed"

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor
    Quote Originally Posted by south ov da border
    september 05

Animals often are more aware of the world than we are. When the tsunamis hit, people said the animals were acting funny before it happened. We as a species don't have this, a price paid of being "civililzed"

We can only pick up certain things with our 5 senses. Animals naturally see better, hear better, smell better and have an inate sense of detection. We can only detect a fraction of what's going on right in front of us. Animals always know first. That's how it goes...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

I haven't seen any strange phenomena personally, but I believe there are other intelligent beings in the universe. I think it's pretty arrogant to thing we're all that out there, or that our technology is the most advanced. Sure, we have no proof, but still, think of the possibilities.

What if there are other species so much more advanced that we're considered savage/primitive? What if there are extraterrestrials among us that don't really care to contact us directly, but just want to keep tabs on human development to assess our level of threat or something. Complete speculation, of course, but interesting none-the-less.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Quote Originally Posted by Caleigh
    I do agree that the physical difficulty of travelling between solar systems is QUITE large. Pretty much impossible. If you are travelling very fast then even the tiniest object in your path would pierce right through your craft. Even at the speed of light it would take years, decades. On the other hand we don't know everything there is to know about physics and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.
    The problem is that as humans we think in terms of human limitations.Deep space travel is not possible using standard propulsion type transportation.The great minds of Tesla nd others lobbied around bending matter,wormholes,multiple parelell universes, etc,etc.While all these theories are quite extreme by our logic,contemplate this:

If an infant begins to make dots on a wall,and does so non stop until his death at 80 years of age,the number of dots will still fall short of suns and planets in THIS solar system! That number would also fall tremendously short of the number of solar systems in the universe!To think that a small planet,in a small system in a universe of virtual infinity represents the ONLY intelligent life in the universe then one is suffering from delussions of self importance.

Anyone see the end of the first Men In Black where the camera zooms out from earth, the solar system, the galaxy, etc. and our entire universe is nothing more than a marble to an alien creature? That shit blew my mind when I first saw it lol. "What if that was real? Whoa..."

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Quote Originally Posted by TJT
    Trish are we related?

I had a couple of looney old great aunts who spent most of their lives in and out of the state hospital system. Those old broads saw and heard all kinds of interesting stuff.

An old man who lived down the road from me when I was a boy was the local Hoodoo Doctor. Kept a dead tree full of empty bottles in his yard to catch evil spirits that might sneak up on him. If they got past the tree, the frames on all the windows and doors along with posts on his porch were painted blue to keep 'em out.

When I was a kid he gave me a little flannel bag w/ some trinkets and a chunk of root in it that were supposed to keep me safe and make the girls like me? I ain't dead and I did ok w/ the girls,so the ol' guy might have been on to something?

LMAO! Classic!

Professional Poster

Yeah that was a good part...Nested realities theory.

Thing is, we dont know all there is too know about physics and propulsion. Tachyons( tachyons are theoretically postulated particles that travel faster than light and have 'imaginary' masses) appear to travel FTL and even back and forth through time.

There also is some evidense of all matter being linked in some real physical sense.(see "High-Visibility Interference in a Bell-Inequality Experiment for Energy and Time," by P. G. Kwiat, A. M. Steinberg, and R. Y. Chiao, Physical Review A, Vol. 47, page R2472; 1993)), which might enable instantaneous transport.

Also, the eggheads at berkeley have discovered that regular photons can travel FTL under the right conditions((see "Measurement of the Single-Photon Tunneling Time" by A. M. Steinberg, P. G. Kwiat, and R. Y. Chiao, Physical Review Letters, Vol. 71, page 708; 1993).

I still personally consider human kinds technical science to be in its infancy compared to what is theoretically possible.

Default Re: UFO's, Ghosts & other wierd phenomena...

Just wondering if anyone on here has witnessed anything out of the ordinary? Have you seen a ghost, or a UFO, or any other strange phenomena??? Just been reading about about the Phoenix Lights. Although the rational explanation is flares from military aircraft, I have read numerous reports of these lights being attached to a large 'V' shaped object... did any of you people in Navada actually witness this in 1997???

NO SUCH THING... NO GHOSTS, SPIRITS, OTHER FORMS OF LIFE ON OTHER PLANTETS. IT JUST AINT SO.

GOOD THINGS