Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    Anyone see the end of the first Men In Black where the camera zooms out from earth, the solar system, the galaxy, etc. and our entire universe is nothing more than a marble to an alien creature? That shit blew my mind when I first saw it lol. "What if that was real? Whoa..."
    Am I the only one who fucking HATED that memorry wipe device they use? Like they tried to make hiding the truth look like a good thing. Like they are kissing the ass of Brookings

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Silvester
    Anyone see the end of the first Men In Black where the camera zooms out from earth, the solar system, the galaxy, etc. and our entire universe is nothing more than a marble to an alien creature? That shit blew my mind when I first saw it lol. "What if that was real? Whoa..."
    These pics of Titan's shoreline freaked me out when I first saw them...SPOOKY!!!
    Wonder if the aliens have a seaside resort...
    you outta see Europa.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Professional Poster francisfkudrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleigh
    and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.
    none of which to my knowledge have found any way to overcome the (to our knowledge) impossibility to tavel faster than light which makes any ufos impossible or at least highly unlikely (not in the literal sense you pointed out earlier but as a synonym to flying saucer as its used in this thread)

let alone all the logical problems associated with ufos like why would anybody travel hundreds if not thousands of years only to _not_ make contact with any species he finds along his way
    Just for the sake of argument how about the technology of "folding space" described in various works of science fiction? All it would take is the ability to manipulate gravitational fields to make this work. As for why they would not make contact, maybe something like Star Trek's "Prime Directive" not to interfere with low technology civilizations is preventing them from making contact.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by francisfkudrow
    Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleigh
    and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.
    none of which to my knowledge have found any way to overcome the (to our knowledge) impossibility to tavel faster than light which makes any ufos impossible or at least highly unlikely (not in the literal sense you pointed out earlier but as a synonym to flying saucer as its used in this thread)

let alone all the logical problems associated with ufos like why would anybody travel hundreds if not thousands of years only to _not_ make contact with any species he finds along his way
    Just for the sake of argument how about the technology of "folding space" described in various works of science fiction? All it would take is the ability to manipulate gravitational fields to make this work. As for why they would not make contact, maybe something like Star Trek's "Prime Directive" not to interfere with low technology civilizations is preventing them from making contact.
    Prime Directive was the only thing I disliked about Star Trek.
    I wanna see aliens and space ships, damnit! I want life being more than just taxes and a 6 foot hole in the ground.

Professional Poster

I believe in spirits, energy forms, ghosts or what ever you want to describe as past lives making physical appearances, or actions in this world. I was hugely skeptical my whole life until a few years ago when my parents home was "visited" by a man in a top hat who a few different people have seen. No BS...if i hadn't experience for myself i would be clowning on them, but i have some really crazy stories that follow zero logic or explanation and I for one am a believer in the scientific method to try and rationally explain things. I couldnt. Its reassuring though, as i believe there is an afterlife of some sort for all of us though i am not a bible thumping type.

These pics of Titan's shoreline freaked me out when I first saw them...SPOOKY!!!
    Yeah, that is pretty cool and spooky. In an exciting kind of way. Just reminds us that there is so much to learn, even in our own backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor
    Am I the only one who fucking HATED that memorry wipe device they use? Like they tried to make hiding the truth look like a good thing. Like they are kissing the ass of Brookings
    You raise a good point. It seemed necessary in the movies, but in real life I want the truth too, dammit! At least a real life neuralizer doesn't exist. Unless we've all been neuralized and just didn't know...

*cue conspiracy theory*

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Professional Poster

Yeah, that is pretty cool and spooky. In an exciting kind of way. Just reminds us that there is so much to learn, even in our own backyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdor
    You raise a good point. It seemed necessary in the movies, but in real life I want the truth too, dammit! At least a real life neuralizer doesn't exist. Unless we've all been neuralized and just didn't know...

*cue conspiracy theory*
    You never know. At least we do know there are drugs and chemicals that can repress memory. Here's the thing, these cover up people keep saying pretty much, according to Brookings, any sign or evidence of life out there will destory human society as we know it cause religous leaders, economic leaders and scientists will loose their power. Read the book called "The Roman". I want to find out about other life durring my lifetime.

Rookie Poster

My niece used to point at shadows and shapes in the dark...really weird...

Veritas vos liberabit

Gold Poster

Any of you guys ever watch ghost hunters on sci fi?