Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Professional Poster

Unfortunately, thanks to the fucking brookings report, we are not gonna be told anything, no matter what is out there.

Wikipedia article of Brookings.

Richard C. Hoagland's article of Brookings.

More.

Sad, ain't it

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

i definately believe in all that stuff. I haven't really seen anything, but i have 'heard' things - no i don't hear voices in my head!
    saw a weird UFO type thing once that i can't explain - looked like a giant fire-ball

5 Star Poster south ov da border's Avatar

They do exist. It's idiotic to think otherwise. UFO's are probably here all the time, but can't be seen b/c the speed of vibrtion they give. We as humans can only notice a fraction of what's out there with our 5 senses. The slower the vibrtions is what we can see. The rest is invisible, and to the common doubter, non-existent...

too much french fries, not enough shakes...

Professional Poster

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

UFO's absolutely exist, by definition.

Unidentified
    Flying
    Object

Therefore anything in the sky that is unidentified is a UFO. See how simple it is kids?

I saw a very interesting UFO TWICE when I was living in Toronto. And I saw it with other people. We were putting away the tables of the summer camp that we ran and one of the staff pointed up to the sky and said "What is THAT?!" It looked like a cluster of about a dozen balloons, mostly silver balloons but with 4 or 5 red ones mixed in. We all watched this object for about 5minutes and it seemed to be completely still except it was rotating slowly because you could sometimes see one or two or three red parts depending. We then had to get back to our work and when we were done, about an hour later it was still there.

Then a few nights later we were at a friends house having a pot luck and some drinks and one of us noticed that same object, now in a difffernt part of the sky. Still just hovering, still looking like a cluster of mostly silver but with some red balloons.

I doubt it was balloons because they would have drifted up and up and up until they were lost but these stayed in the same place for hours, on both occasions.

I have no idea what it was, therefore it was a UFO.

:end of transmission:

No. There's no such thing as UFO's or a martian spacecraft. And if there is, I'll kick their ass!

Senior Member Veteran Poster

I do agree that the physical difficulty of travelling between solar systems is QUITE large. Pretty much impossible. If you are travelling very fast then even the tiniest object in your path would pierce right through your craft. Even at the speed of light it would take years, decades. On the other hand we don't know everything there is to know about physics and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.

:end of transmission:

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Caleigh
    and even seem to intentionall ignore some quite amazing possibilities, Thomas Townsend Brown for example. Nikolai Tesla for another.
    none of which to my knowledge have found any way to overcome the (to our knowledge) impossibility to tavel faster than light which makes any ufos impossible or at least highly unlikely (not in the literal sense you pointed out earlier but as a synonym to flying saucer as its used in this thread)

let alone all the logical problems associated with ufos like why would anybody travel hundreds if not thousands of years only to _not_ make contact with any species he finds along his way

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Hung Angel Platinum Poster trish's Avatar

no...i haven't seen a ghost. but my great aunt claimed that as a little girl, while on a overnight at a friend's house, she saw a demon at the bottom of the stairwell.

another great aunt (aren't great aunts great?), when she was a little girl, saw a classmate transform into a colt, leap out the window and gallop away never to be seen again.

i loved my aunts...but they were more than a little crazy.

what do i believe?
    the truth is out there/trust no one.

"...I no longer believe that people's secrets are defined and communicable, or their feelings full-blown and easy to recognize."_Alice Munro, Chaddeleys and Flemings.

"...the order in creation which you see is that which you have put there, like a string in a maze, so that you shall not lose your way". _Judge Holden, Cormac McCarthy's, BLOOD MERIDIAN.

Professional Poster

Trish are we related?

I had a couple of looney old great aunts who spent most of their lives in and out of the state hospital system. Those old broads saw and heard all kinds of interesting stuff.

An old man who lived down the road from me when I was a boy was the local Hoodoo Doctor. Kept a dead tree full of empty bottles in his yard to catch evil spirits that might sneak up on him. If they got past the tree, the frames on all the windows and doors along with posts on his porch were painted blue to keep 'em out.

When I was a kid he gave me a little flannel bag w/ some trinkets and a chunk of root in it that were supposed to keep me safe and make the girls like me? I ain't dead and I did ok w/ the girls,so the ol' guy might have been on to something?

Ancient Pervert.