Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Okay - this posts interests me as well. For me, the problem of approaching a woman that I'm smitten with is when she's so beautiful that it's literally altering my brain chemistry. Endorphins are flowing. She seems like a goddess, from that luscious ridge on the top of her upper lip to her lovely ankles. I know that putting a woman on a pedestal is the wrong approach - but telling myself that inside she's an ordinary person with more or less the same flaws as everyone seems ridiculous in light of all outward signs being to the contrary. Without knowing anything about her, I want to touch and kiss her everywhere. I would make a cup of tea out of her panties. She's got me.
    The Doubts start talking. This woman HAS to have a boyfriend. Or probably gets hit on several times a day. Or is used to guys that can offer her way more than me. Oh, and let's not forget the times I've screwed up my courage and actually complimented the gorgeous hostess at my favorite restaurant that I loved from afar for a year before finally approaching her, only to have my words received as if I sprayed her with shit mist.
    I know - keep the compliments on her appearance to a minimum at first - don't want to seem shallow - maybe compliment something out of the ordinary like her shoes or her hairstyle or blouse. Engage her in a little small talk at first, and make a mental note to return soon and talk to her again. Yeah, yeah....it's worked in the past and will work again. But my greatest luck with the dimes has been when I was in MY element, doing what I do best, and she's visiting my world - then the tables are turned.
    They want to know more about me - and I welcome their attentions, and never make them feel insecure about whether I'm also feeling them, because I'm naturally friendly, and especially so to beautiful women.
    Then if they've dated me, they remark on how loved I made them feel, and how much I seemed interested in the whole person, and not just the beautiful package.
    But without that world in place - like now, for instance - it's hard not to feel like just another guy with dreams of what he'd rather be doing, moving in rather small circles and with little to offer but his good intentions.
    So....yeah. Easier said than done to do the whole Cary Grant routine with a beautiful stranger.

Junior Poster

Dude is just weak and scared to admit you're fucking hot. Next time you are at work and he says something ask him aloud "How long have you found transexuals attractive." --hehehehehehehe

Eurotrash! Platinum Poster Jericho's Avatar

only to have my words received as if I sprayed her with shit mist.
    LMFAO
    Have we met the same girls?

I hate being bipolar...It's fucking ace!

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    I Hooters the other night.
    I have lost all respect for you beardy. What were you doing in a hooters?

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

Professional Poster

I'm sorry, but if you're a guy and over 35, for God's sake, you should at least have enough social skills to be able to say hello to another human being without looking like you just took a dump in your pants.

If you don't have those skills, WORK ON THEM. Don't just say "That's the way I am". It means you're too lazy to work on improving yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Kriss
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    I Hooters the other night.
    I have lost all respect for you beardy. What were you doing in a hooters?
    Staring.

It's an after-work thing. The guys feel that I need 'a life' because I never leave the house and the only pussy I see is...well...pussy (As in the "Meow" variety).

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBeauty TS
    I'm sorry, but if you're a guy and over 35, for God's sake, you should at least have enough social skills to be able to say hello to another human being without looking like you just took a dump in your pants.

If you don't have those skills, WORK ON THEM. Don't just say "That's the way I am". It means you're too lazy to work on improving yourself.
    Put another way - what looks large from a distance, close up ain't never that big.

I know, I know. Some guy somewhere is glad she's off his hands. And I do alright, True. But I do happen to like the grad school types, and they don't usually lack for partners. Virtually every woman where I work has a man.
    And the majority of people advertising...well let's post the first 3 chicks on CL looking for a man in my town.

Professional Poster

First of all, I don't know if that's cool to post people's (private citizens that have nothing to do with this board) pics on this site without their permission.

That being said, they don't look bad. I think what you are looking for is the single, grad-type supermodel. They probably don't need to advertise on CL.

5 Star Poster

I've not said I expect a supermodel. But in decent shape and as attractive as my exes, sure. They're out there, for sure.
    Pic complaint fixed.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    I've not said I expect a supermodel. But in decent shape and as attractive as my exes, sure. They're out there, for sure.
    Pic complaint fixed.
    First off, I wasn't complaining about the pics, I was questioning them.

Not knowing what your ex's look like it's hard for me to know what the beauty standard is for you.