Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Post Your Sign

Quote Originally Posted by J
    being a cocksucker from brooklyn i hardly have any heroes and find fault with everyone, but this guy is perhaps one of mine...check this out...

I don't think "magicians" like Chris Angel & David Blaine are trying to convince anyone that what they do is magic or psychic, but I'd sure like to know how they do some of that stuff.

Platinum Poster

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no_parking_207.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	84154  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

I'm Ophiuchus, the 13th constellation in the sidereal zodiac (as opposed to the 12 signs of the tropical zodiac, according to which I'm Sagittarius).

The reason why Ophiuchus is not a part of the western astrological zodiac is because that zodiac is defined on the basis of the sun spending an equal amount of time in twelve astrological signs starting at the vernal equinox in the northern hemisphere — this is called the tropical zodiac. There is also a sidereal zodiac, which is based on the actual location of the stars in the sky, and which is used by Hindu and some Western astrologers. At present, the sun is in Ophiuchus from November 30 to December 19.

Ophiuchus is a large, obscure constellation, also known as Serpent Bearer. Thus, the constellation represnts Aesculapius (Asclepius), the Greek god of medicine, son of Apollo and the nymph Coronis, whose symbol (a serpent wrapped about a staff) predates the Caduceus (two serpents wrapped about a staff). He was taught by Chiron, the centaur, and he had incredible skill at healing; he could even raise the dead. This last skill roused the anger of Zeus, who slew Esculapius with a thunderbolt. His sons carried on their father's medical tradition, serving the wounded of the Greek army before the walls of Troy. The first known appearance dates to Sumer, over 2000 BC. Thus Ophiuchus is a symbol of healing.

Due to the precession of the equinoxes, the sun is in a different position relative to the zodiac on the first day of Spring every year. It's a slight motion, virtually undetectable in a human lifetime, but 2,000 years ago the vernal sun moved from Aries to Pisces (Aries being the symbol of Mithra, the greatest God of the ancient world, and Pisces being the symbol of the Christ). In a little less than 600 years, the vernal sun will enter Aquarius (the dawning of the Age of Aquarius will happen then, not in the 1960s).

Believe it or not, the Greek astronomer Hipparchus discovered the precession of the equinoxes in the second century BC, and astrologers realized they had a problem: the sun was supposed to be in Aries when spring began (hey, it had been that way as long as any records indicated), but it was now in Pisces. So they declared that the signs drifted with the sun, with the result that the sun was still in Aries even though it really wasn't. The implication of this is that the stars exert no influence on man, astrologically speaking; if there is a celestial influence, it's not from the stars but from the region of space which were marked by the classical twelve zodiac signs 2,500 years ago.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by J
    he sure s hell wasnt, i get bored with the norm easy so me and a realy cool ex decidd to try new shit so we hit up a goth club, with everyone in capes,famous in midtown was called the batcave...we went all out i wore a cape, she in s ablck tight catsuit, and i brought a deck of crds, not tarrot but reg...once i was nice and fucked up i sat on the ground acted mystical and my gf wtold everyone im a savant with power that people swear by and are amazed...the lined upn to get a reading..for nearly 2 hours i flipped up cards acted like a total boxo==zo nd gave readings...of course the art of cold reading is something most charismatic people can do even better than jon edwards and i quickly becasue a cult hero there...i flipp up crds stare peopl ein the ey and say things like, ur family isnt accepting u lik eu wish and this cause much pain, even anger at time...of course they noded...in adittion i say hope and a bright likte for the future but ur inhibitions are lett ing u attack it like u should...dont fear, hold on here we have the jack of diamonds, oh no..she would whimper as i sad i forsee an injury, to someone in ur family, not severe, but ide get it checke dout..yes yes, my uncle broke a femur, blah blah, its just so fuckin simple...go love stupid people
    wait werent you the guy who complained about the readability of someones post?

Elvis: I was dreamin'. Dreamin' my dick was out and I was checkin' to see if that infected bump on the head of it had filled with pus again. If it had, I was gonna name it after my ex-wife 'cilla and bust it by jackin' off.

Rookie Poster

Taurus here

When In Doubt I Whip It Out I Got Me A Rock & Roll Band

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_English
    sure am :O)

Born in Southampton (Where the Titanic sailed from those who don't know it)

Live just outside north London now...

If your looking to meet with other english T-Girls.... you could do a lot worse than come to my night out... (link below) - would love to see you there...

Where abouts are you?

x

the titanic sank on my birthday april 14

glad to be here

Veteran Poster

Ecstatic --that's a cool new avatar!

I am Aries --March 30th

In a pyromantic way
    I'm her slave

living for her to ignite --

Hey, thanks, dreamer. It was loooong overdue.