5 Star Poster

Default (D) Levin Screws Dems: "Take Action on Syria/Iran"

“I think we ought to take action on all fronts including Syria.”
                      — Sen. Levin, today at an
                     Armed Services Committee hearing
                 

Get ready for Carl Levin to get shot by Cindy Sheehan or some other angry lefty. I'm not sure what happened to him, but he's making sense right now. On Sunday's Meet The (De)Press(ed), he finally admitted that Al-Qaeda is in Iraq and American troops needed to stay there for "a counter-terrorism purpose."

Today, he got bolder and and called for escalation of the offensives against both Iran and Syria. Bravo. Speaking at a Senate Armed Services Committee meeting, Senator Levin said to John Michael McConnell, Director of National Intelligence,

I think we ought to take action on all fronts including Syria and any other source of weapons coming in, obviously Iran is the focus – but it shouldn’t be the sole focus.

Folks, did you get that? In addition to admitting we need to keep troops behind in Iraq, Carl Levin now says we need to go after Syria and Iran. In fact, in asking John McConnell about what steps were being taken to cut off weaponry coming in from Syria, Levin went so far as to ask this question:

I was just wondering, does the military have a plan to, if necessary, to go into Syria to go to the source of any weapons coming from Syria?

And he wasn't arguing against such a plan. My first quote from him came after that. After asking if there was a plan to go into Syria, Carl Levin, yes *that* Carl Levin, said "I think we ought to take action on all fronts including Syria."

I'd like to congratulate Carl Levin for undercutting several of the major Democrat talking points and I'd like to thank Senator Levin for calling for mililtary action against Syria as well as Iraq.

The exchange with the DNI is below the fold . . .

SEN CARL LEVIN (D-MI): “Now, in terms of the weapons coming in from Syria, those weapons that you’ve described as coming in from Syria and perhaps other Sunni neighbors are killing our troops. Do we have a plan to address the Syrian weapon source -- of killings of our troops?”

JOHN MCCONNELL, Director of National Intelligence: “Sir, I know the military is working that border area to close it down from not only weapons but also jihadists coming in --”

LEVIN: “It’s more than just -- we’re trying to close down the Iranian border area too. The problem is that these weapons are coming from a state which is -- doesn't recognize Israel either, just like Iran doesn't. We’ve got to try to stop weapons coming into Iraq from any source that are killing our troops. I agree with the comments about trying to stop them coming in from Iran, I think we have to try stop them that are going to the Sunni insurgents as well as to the Shia. I was just wondering, does the military have a plan to, if necessary, to go into Syria to go to the source of any weapons coming from Syria? That are going to Sunni insurgents? That are killing our troops? … I think we ought to take action on all fronts including Syria and any other source of weapons coming in, obviously Iran is the focus – but it shouldn’t be the sole focus.” (Armed Services Committee, U.S. Senate, Hearing, 02/27/07)

http://www.redstate.com/stories/cong..._his_own_words

Junior Poster

The United States will join other countries in high-level talks with Iran and Syria this spring over the situation in Iraq, in the first such engagement between the Bush administration and its Middle East nemeses in three years.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/02/27/news/iraq.php

Forget it warpig. I told you the US, sooner or later, will have to talk to these guys. Iran is going to be a nuclear power. Irak is the deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	quagmirehead_136.gif 
Views:	952 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	83623  

Quote Originally Posted by North_of_60
    The United States will join other countries in high-level talks with Iran and Syria this spring over the situation in Iraq, in the first such engagement between the Bush administration and its Middle East nemeses in three years.

Forget it warpig. I told you the US, sooner or later, will have to talk to these guys. Iran is going to be a nuclear power. Irak is the deal.

LMAO. You've mischaracterized your own post. What you said is the US will have to negotiate with the "mollahs" (you're spelling, not mine).

"Mollah's" don't negotiate. I do find it pathetic that you think it's funny that, in your opinion, that the US will have to negotiate with this Islamic slime, though. Makes me wonder what side you're on. In spite of the mistakes made, and mistakes will always be made in war, Bush is leagues above the "mollahs".

This situation is more involved than you believe or want to lead others to believe. Right now, Ahmedinejad is more fucked than anyone. He's facing a population backlash that makes the faggoty libs of the 60's look like the Salvation Army marching band. He's facing a stock market that makes today's 400 point dow loss look like a fart in the wind.

LMAO. Iran has far more to lose in this situation than we do. Far more. This is what all the pussy-posturing over nukes is about.

America doesn't have to do shit with Iran. We will win on the issue of nukes by proxy (Israel) if need be.

Junior Poster

You seem to know very little of this world. Iran is a rich and civilized country ; altought controlled by a religious mafia that will be kicked out by the iranian people, let's hope for it. (But what about Bush and the oil consortium that have been running the US in the most catastrophic foreign policy ever ?)

Ask the boys in Irak if they don't have to do shit with Iran. They do every day, in pain and blood. Unless the US wants to be engage in a 25 year war in Middle East to atsronomical costs, wich I doubt, they will talk allright. This is politics. Not the war fantasies of a Tfan.

And ask the Israel citizens if they wan't to be a proxy for the US politics. Tsahal couldn't stop the bombing from Hezbollah. You're clueless.

You seem to know very little of this world. Iran is a rich and civilized country ; altought controlled by a religious mafia that will be kicked out by the iranian people, let's hope for it. (But what about Bush and the oil consortium that have been running the US in the most catastrophic foreign policy ever ?)
    You're the one who said that the US will negotiate with the Mullah's. It's your ignorance of the facts and the political dynamics of Iran that leave you looking lost. And the Mullah's will be tossed due to their hardline religious ideologies, agreed. But it's the political and economic pressure that the Bush administration is putting on the regime that is hastening this. Embargo's, economic sanctions and the seizing of assets and liquidity is doing what the previous libtard administration failed to do.

Ask the boys in Irak if they don't have to do shit with Iran. They do every day, in pain and blood. Unless the US wants to be engage in a 25 year war in Middle East to atsronomical costs, wich I doubt, they will talk allright. This is politics. Not the war fantasies of a Tfan.
    You asked the boys in Iraq? LMAO. Got anything to document this? This is a war on terror. Libtards, throughout libtard history, have always pulled the "dialogue" card. Even when the tyrant is knocking at the door of Czech.

Tell you what. Draw up a little piece of paper that says "Iran promises peace with Israel, we want no Jews" fly over there have Ahmedinejad sign it. Then fly back, get on CNN and proclaim "PEACE IN OUR TIME". Like I said, just be prepared to live in ARP for the next 5 years.

Those who seek to appease the alligator, will simply be eaten last.

And ask the Israel citizens if they wan't to be a proxy for the US politics. Tsahal couldn't stop the bombing from Hezbollah. You're clueless.
    They won't be a proxy. This is, once again, where you are playing dead. You know, as well as every Jew on the planet, that Israel is at the front of this war. Not for America's interest but for it's own interest in SURVIVAL.

By adopting the tactics of Sparta, Persia will fail.

5 Star Poster

Hey, that`s great.

USA. "Please Iran, will you stop destabilizing Iraq, stop sending millions of dollars worth of weapons to Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and other regional terror organizations?

Iran, " (heh-heh they`re begging, a sign of weakness) What`s in it for us bitch?"

Anyway, someone better tell democrat Levin huh sport? You know, Levin, the far-left democrat from Michigan.

It's no secret that the government of Nouri al-Maliki wanted the US to open talks with Iran. They`ve stated over and over that diplomatic relations would be opened between Iraq and Iran. But the administration used that as leverage and forced the al-Maliki government to cut a deal on oil revenue.
    In the end they can jaw all they want but if Iran continues sponsoring terrorism across the region not much will come out of jibber-jabbering.

Junior Poster

China to increase military spending

Yes they are...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070304/...ina_politics_2

China and Iran signed an accord worth $70 billion to $100 billion by which China will purchase Iranian oil and gas and help develop Iran's Yadavaran oil field, near the Iraqi border.

And you seriously think these guys will let the US go there...

5 Star Poster

China to increase military spending

Yes they are...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070304/...ina_politics_2

China and Iran signed an accord worth $70 billion to $100 billion by which China will purchase Iranian oil and gas and help develop Iran's Yadavaran oil field, near the Iraqi border.

And you seriously think these guys will let the US go there...
    China is a threat and not our friends. Why we buy their stuff is beyond me and I personally go out of my way not to.

It`s time to add tarriffs and get those manufacturing plants back to N. America and at the same time crush the Chinese economy.

Or maybe that`s our ace in the hole and we won`t use it until the right moment.