Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NASCAR

Professional Poster

I just found this place but I've got to say as a Son of the South,I never thought I'd see NASCAR as a topic on a Transexual BB? Bubba waking up w/a TS after going on bender in 'Lanta or Nawlins as a topic? Yep. A serious discussion of NASCAR? NFW.

I like this place.

Ancient Pervert.

Junior Poster

Cycling is far better and far more of a sport imho. Not motorcycles either.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: NASCAR

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Quote Originally Posted by muhmuh
    Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Sorry, always been a formula 1 fan. Left racing, after Jimmy Stewart retired .
    blasphemy... the name of this nice old scottish lady is jackie
    correct, it's been so long my brain cells are dying. What a boob I am.
    JJakie Stewart was a good racer. Nescar is cool but i am not into F1.

My dick wants ass!

Professional Poster

i liked nascar back in the day when the cars looked like the cars they really were- a dodge charger, a chevy monte carlo,ford mustng,camaro..nowadys they all look like plastic shits but if yer drunk enuff on coors lite........

nascar is not even slightly entertaining and anyone sho calls it a sport is WAY off and anyone who calls the drivers athletes is even more out of line.
    Although I don't find nascar entertaining, I would certainly have to disagree in your opinion about drivers not being athletes.... but I am biased on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by qeuqheeg222
    i liked nascar back in the day when the cars looked like the cars they really were- a dodge charger, a chevy monte carlo,ford mustng,camaro..nowadys they all look like plastic shits but if yer drunk enuff on coors lite........
    Plastic? Nascar vehicles are metal bodies, without crumple-away zones (like in say, open wheel racing) and are nothing but an outdated hazard to the drivers perpetuated in the name of aesthetics.

Now I find 1/4 mile far more entertaining. Especially when its stuff that people have rigged up themselves (aka none of that "whose sponsor/wallet is fatter contests). I'd take a sunday at local track watching stuff like that than nascar anyday.

Professional Poster

Those the folks at the local tracks are more like NASCAR fans before it got popular. The fights in the pits can be more interesting than the some of the races.

NASCAR has got a lil' too sanitized for me and I've been going since I was weaned. When Earnhardt Sr. died my Mom asked me "Good Lord, is that same Earnhardt Jim used to race? He's got to be 75?" (Jim was my stepfather) I went,"Nope,that would be this one's dad."

Then she took a shot at Dale Sr. daddy,but I won't go into it here.

Ancient Pervert.

Junior Poster

Mark Martin - class act
    Tony Stewart - best American driver, by far

The 'are they athletes' argument is stupid. Are three hundred and fifty pound morons who pump themselves up with steroids so someone will pay them millions of dollars to maul each other in public spectacles athletes? A few years ago Ohio State's sports medicine department tested several world class 'athletes' from every sport known to man in every category they could think of relating to 'athletics', from stamina to strength to hand-eye co-ordination to reflex and motocross racers beat all other groups by a country mile.
    Nascar drivers may not jump very high, they may not be good at a sixty yard dash, but Tiger Woods couldn't outrebound Shaquille O'Neal and I doubt Michael Vick could drive a 700 horsepower stock car at 190 miles an hour inches from his competitors for three hours straight and survive. In the day when I could heal after smacking the pavement at 120mph I raced superbikes and I can tell you, motorsports are athletic.

we're always a step out of time,
    now ain't that a shame

Professional Poster

Interesting post TS. I've been around stock and NASCAR racing most of my life. The hand-eye coordination and quickness w/ the drivers is amazing. You'll find sizable numbers of them were good HS baseball and basketball players,sports where those attributes count.

(David Blaney's brother,Dale,played D-I basketball and was a free agent for the Lakers for a short time. Jerry West,GM of the Lakers talked to Blaney about a spot on the team but he turned down to go back into racing.)

It's all about skill sets for the particular sport. Lance Armstrong isn't going to shake the block of 350 lb offensive tackle,but the tackle isn't going to pedal Armstrongs bike up an Alp?

Ancient Pervert.