Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default license plate for sex offenders

I dunno --I saw it on the noose (news) ---they're gonna make sex offenders have a funky flourescent colored license plate ---I forget which state -----but I think it's a fantastic idea ---

5 Star Poster

I thnk it is fucking retarded. If they said child molesters, I would say, sure do it. But there are people there for things like date rape, urinating in public - genital exposure, and all kinds of other crimes that aren't necessarily worthy of what we put them through.

The next thing you know we'll be putting everyone with any crime in a registration database as well as microchips, etc.

Again, if they molested a child, I say go for it. However, anything else doesn't deserve a lifelong punishmet that they put the registrants through.

Veteran Poster
    Los Angeles Via Austin Via Ft. Worth Via Victoria

date rape shouldn't?

and i believe the attempt was already unsuccessful. the pink license plates for sexual offenders were designed in theory so that children knew to stay away.

Monsieur Valentine

"He makes love to the Duke. He swordfights the Queen. And you think the score's set but you can't truly see. Til you know the two sides of Monsieur Valentine."

Junior Poster

this is the equivalent of a Scarlet Letter. If they do this to sex offenders then we as a society should do the VERY same thing to persons with DUI's.

Driving a 3,000 lb car under the influence is by far a more frequent occurance than sex offenses and, I argue, CAN be a more devastating.

People can die as a result of DUI's and, I'll admit, during violent sex offenses. BUT COME ON...lets get real for a change!

Oh yea, there is also a war going on in Iraq...next petty social problem please...

Veteran Poster
    Los Angeles Via Austin Via Ft. Worth Via Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by karaalextv
    this is the equivalent of a Scarlet Letter. If they do this to sex offenders then we as a society should do the VERY same thing to persons with DUI's.

Driving a 3,000 lb car under the influence is by far a more frequent occurance than sex offenses and, I argue, CAN be a more devastating.

People can die as a result of DUI's and, I'll admit, during violent sex offenses. BUT COME ON...lets get real for a change!

Oh yea, there is also a war going on in Iraq...next petty social problem please...
    ohio, the same state requesting this, already has people with convicted dui's driving with a yellow license plate.

by talking about one issue, by no means implies anyone is ignoring other issues like this nasty war. one thing at a time.

Monsieur Valentine

"He makes love to the Duke. He swordfights the Queen. And you think the score's set but you can't truly see. Til you know the two sides of Monsieur Valentine."

Junior Poster

Ah.

This would be pediatricians being mistaken for paedophiles again, and having their houses burnt down by angry vigilantes with 3 brain cells.

Very well thought out. (not).

http://archive.salon.com/sex/world/2...nte/index.html

Junior Poster

nice example Alison, all of this so called society promoters should be aware of a triggering mass hysteria with theirs high minded (moonstruck) ideas...where`s the world going to...maybe, it`s a better one to make
    offenders tattoo with short description at their forehead...

"...My father was the wind, my mother was fire
    Raised by the wolves - I grew up wild..."

That's just putting person's life in danger. Yes it's a disgusting act that they done, but still it could be death from angry person wanting to hurt them.

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Professional Poster

Retarded.
    I mean we don't see convicted killers having "MURDERER!" painted on their rooftops.

Besides, I remember a few Univeristy of Michigan graduates doing the classic streaking at the ceremony, and they are now having to regiester as sex offenders. This whole sex offender law concept is VERY, VERY flawed.

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

5 Star Poster

I have two stories:

One was a guy who had a 14 year old girl run in front of his car on a busy street. He had to slam on his breaks and swerve to miss her. Obviously startled, he got out of the car and started yelling at the girl. At one point he grabbed her arm. He was convicted of some attempted kidnapping of a child charge and sentenced to be a lifelong sex offender. She claimed he was trying to get her into his car. No previous arrests or any history of being "deviant".

Another guy went into a bar with his girlfriend who according to sources was the most attractive girl at the club. One of his friends asked him to come upstairs and see something. This is at a club. There is a girl upstairs naked, drunk, smoking, and being videotaped. There are 20+ people guys and girls watching this. The girl is also having objects dildos, fingers, etc put into her. At one point she says, "go ahead fuck me, I don't care".
    Of all of the 20 people, only one got to be a registered sex offender and it was the guy who went with his girlfriend. Why? Because he didn't have money like others to defend himself and he had a prior so he was the easiest target. He hadn't even touched the girl or used toys on her.

Anyway, the sex offender thing is fucked up. I don't believe in lifelong punishment for people. This is the government trying to stand behind something that everyone seems to hate. There are a lot of reasons that people SHOULD be sex offenders and a lot of reasons they shouldn't.