Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Ausralia`s Howard KO`s Obama

THE one thing no one is saying about Prime Minister John Howard's remarks is they are obviously right. Asked about US Senator Barack Hussein Obama's plan to withdraw all US forces from Iraq by March 31, 2008, Howard replied: "If I were running al-Qa'ida in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008 and pray as many times as possible for a victory not only for Obama, but also for the Democrats."

Certainly al-Qa'ida agrees. After the November 2006 elections handed control of the US Congress to the anti-war Democrats, al-Qa'ida's leader in Iraq gloated in an audio-taped message: "The American people have taken a step in the right path to come out of their predicament, they voted for a level of reason."

Abu Omar al-Baghdad, who heads an al-Qa'ida umbrella group, made the terror group's latest demand for allied withdrawal on February 2: "We order you to withdraw your forces immediately. But the withdrawal must be via troop transport trucks and passenger planes whereby each soldier is allowed to carry his own weapon only. They may not withdraw any of the heavy military equipment, and the military bases must be handed over to the mujahidin of the Islamic state, and the duration of the withdrawal may not exceed a month."

So Obama's position and that of al-Qa'ida's are virtually identical, except for the departure date.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...9-7583,00.html
    ================================================== =======================

Yet it is a fact that Howard's comment has had such a big impact outside of Australia precisely because he was essentially correct. A designated and unconditional US withdrawal from Iraq by March 2008 would amount to a defeat for the multinational force and a victory for the insurgency, along with al-Qaeda, in Iraq. This should be recognised by those who oppose the allied commitment in Iraq as well as those who support it.

The verbal punch-up between Howard and Obama indicates just how important the issue that divides them is to each man. Obama has consistently opposed allied intervention in Iraq. He is on record as saying that Saddam Hussein should have been left alone in Iraq, since he believed that he was no threat to the US.
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2007/...?page=fullpage

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Funny that I dont' see Obama saying that the U.S. military should leave all their weapons behind. You are (as usual) totally misrepresenting the situation.

What Obama DID say in an interview is that he suggests the transfer of most troops from Iraq back to Afghanistan over the next 2 years while leaving the most specialized anti-terrorist units in place to assist the Iraqis.

Such subtleties seem to be lost on you.

And if you are so gung ho on U.S. military intervention all over the planet why don't you join up? Because you are an armchair tin-pot general who loves this crazy idea of War but who isn't prepared to actually get involved.

:end of transmission:

Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Caleigh
    And if you are so gung ho on U.S. military intervention all over the planet why don't you join up? Because you are an armchair tin-pot general who loves this crazy idea of War but who isn't prepared to actually get involved.
    aka a chickenhawk...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chickenhawk_188.jpg 
Views:	858 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	81226  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

5 Star Poster

Yeah. There`s this little thing called ' Division of labor'. Check it out.

And this chickenhawk nonsense AGAIN !

``Chicken hawk" isn't an argument. It is a slur -- a dishonest and incoherent slur. It is dishonest because those who invoke it don't really mean what they imply -- that only those with combat experience have the moral authority or the necessary understanding to advocate military force. After all, US foreign policy would be more hawkish, not less, if decisions about war and peace were left up to members of the armed forces.

You inerrantly argue in favor of a military juanta.

If only those who served in uniform during wartime have the moral standing and experience to back a war, then only they have the moral standing and experience to oppose a war. Those who mock the views of ``chicken hawks" ought to be just as dismissive of ``chicken doves."

Bill Clinton served in what branch of the Armed Forces again ?

So using your flawed logic,

Why are you not in Darfur feeding starving children?
    Why are you not in China protesting the political detention of dissidents?
    Why are you not in Swaziland teaching people how to prevent the spread of AIDS?
    Why are you not in Latin America training revolutionaries to overthrow corrupt regimes?
    Why are you not providing abortions to teenage girls and selling the aborted baby parts for profit?

Platinum Poster

Why are you not providing abortions to teenage girls and selling the aborted baby parts for profit?
    Because I haven't finished my correspondance course yet...

But I'm fuckin' psyched, dude!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flippinsweet_121.jpg 
Views:	841 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	81273  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Nah. We ain't goin out Dem Style.......... aka Femocrat, LBJ, type. If it takes every single Republican standing up for Lincolns ideals, we will.

We are the party of Lincoln. Just like before, you have to eliminate us at the gun point. And just like before, you will lose.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Ausralia`s Howard KO`s Obama

Middle finger people like WhiteMaleCanada (MFP's are people that you give the finger when you see them or hear them around) are never every concerned about what a foreign leader has to say unless they fall in lock step with the stupid thoughts they generate in their fevered brains.

However, Obama and his steam won't stand for that crap and responded quite well to the stupidity of John Howard. WhiteMale probably never saw this since he probably only watches FoxNoise which made sure Obama's response was never aired.....

Obamas response documented by the NY Daily news:

"I think it's flattering that one of George Bush's allies on the other side of the world started attacking me on the day after I announced," Obama said of the low blow from Down Under.

Prime Minister John Howard said Obama's plan to withdraw troops by March 2008 would play into terrorists' hands. "If I were running Al Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008 and be praying as many times as possible for a victory, not only for Obama but also for the Democrats," Howard said.

Obama noted that Australia has only 1,400 troops in Iraq.

"If he's ginned up to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest that he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them to Iraq. Otherwise it's just a bunch of empty rhetoric," Obama said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...p-418667c.html

its about time a Dem gave a pussy like John Howard as well as the GOP a good kick in their stupid heads....

Not having been here much, why is a backassward conservative f----head like WhiteMale doing on this very liberal website....and if you live in Canada as your name here states, why do you even have the right to comment when your contry has already decided to decline participation.....AND you certainly have the ability to "put up or shut up" by volunteering for cannon fodder duty as a freelancer or "contractor".

But as usual, its easier to be a fighting keyboarder then stick up for your beliefs....probably get a hard on watching 24 don't you but you would never hve the balls to put yourself in harm's way. My god, you are the ultimate troll....why don't you go to the mental midgets at Lucianne.com or FreeRepublic who, if they work really hard, could barely light a bulb with their feeble brain power. You obvously fit right in and thew would be glad to have your chickenhawk presence.

People like you give dumbasses a bad name.....and your attack on Obama makes Gandi's words (i paraphrase) about when they attack you constantly you must be right about what you are doing...

Obama will not be stopped by your stupidity or the GOP's stupidity..

Get a life, ultimate troll!

Quote Originally Posted by White_Male_Canada
    THE one thing no one is saying about Prime Minister John Howard's remarks is they are obviously right. Asked about US Senator Barack Hussein Obama's plan to withdraw all US forces from Iraq by March 31, 2008, Howard replied: "If I were running al-Qa'ida in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008 and pray as many times as possible for a victory not only for Obama, but also for the Democrats."

Certainly al-Qa'ida agrees. After the November 2006 elections handed control of the US Congress to the anti-war Democrats, al-Qa'ida's leader in Iraq gloated in an audio-taped message: "The American people have taken a step in the right path to come out of their predicament, they voted for a level of reason."

Abu Omar al-Baghdad, who heads an al-Qa'ida umbrella group, made the terror group's latest demand for allied withdrawal on February 2: "We order you to withdraw your forces immediately. But the withdrawal must be via troop transport trucks and passenger planes whereby each soldier is allowed to carry his own weapon only. They may not withdraw any of the heavy military equipment, and the military bases must be handed over to the mujahidin of the Islamic state, and the duration of the withdrawal may not exceed a month."

So Obama's position and that of al-Qa'ida's are virtually identical, except for the departure date.

Yet it is a fact that Howard's comment has had such a big impact outside of Australia precisely because he was essentially correct. A designated and unconditional US withdrawal from Iraq by March 2008 would amount to a defeat for the multinational force and a victory for the insurgency, along with al-Qaeda, in Iraq. This should be recognised by those who oppose the allied commitment in Iraq as well as those who support it.

The verbal punch-up between Howard and Obama indicates just how important the issue that divides them is to each man. Obama has consistently opposed allied intervention in Iraq. He is on record as saying that Saddam Hussein should have been left alone in Iraq, since he believed that he was no threat to the US.

Grow your own dope, plant a republican!

Intelligent conversation with Conservatives is bound to fail because they are always ready to defend their most precious possession -- their incredible ignorance.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ps911fan
    Middle finger people like WhiteMaleCanada (MFP's are people that you give the finger when you see them or hear them around) are never every concerned about what a foreign leader has to say unless they fall in lock step with the stupid thoughts they generate in their fevered brains.

However, Obama and his steam won't stand for that crap and responded quite well to the stupidity of John Howard. WhiteMale probably never saw this since he probably only watches FoxNoise which made sure Obama's response was never aired.....

Obamas response documented by the NY Daily news:

"I think it's flattering that one of George Bush's allies on the other side of the world started attacking me on the day after I announced," Obama said of the low blow from Down Under.

Prime Minister John Howard said Obama's plan to withdraw troops by March 2008 would play into terrorists' hands. "If I were running Al Qaeda in Iraq, I would put a circle around March 2008 and be praying as many times as possible for a victory, not only for Obama but also for the Democrats," Howard said.

Obama noted that Australia has only 1,400 troops in Iraq.

"If he's ginned up to fight the good fight in Iraq, I would suggest that he calls up another 20,000 Australians and sends them to Iraq. Otherwise it's just a bunch of empty rhetoric," Obama said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...p-418667c.html

its about time a Dem gave a pussy like John Howard as well as the GOP a good kick in their stupid heads....

Not having been here much, why is a backassward conservative f----head like WhiteMale doing on this very liberal website....and if you live in Canada as your name here states, why do you even have the right to comment when your contry has already decided to decline participation.....AND you certainly have the ability to "put up or shut up" by volunteering for cannon fodder duty as a freelancer or "contractor".

But as usual, its easier to be a fighting keyboarder then stick up for your beliefs....probably get a hard on watching 24 don't you but you would never hve the balls to put yourself in harm's way. My god, you are the ultimate troll....why don't you go to the mental midgets at Lucianne.com or FreeRepublic who, if they work really hard, could barely light a bulb with their feeble brain power. You obvously fit right in and thew would be glad to have your chickenhawk presence.

People like you give dumbasses a bad name.....and your attack on Obama makes Gandi's words (i paraphrase) about when they attack you constantly you must be right about what you are doing...

Get a life, ultimate troll!

I guess Obama has lost the Australian vote ....welcome rookie, nice intro!

White_Male_Canada wrote:
    I like toping Tgirls aka chicks with dicks. I also like being topped by men. Makes me feel like a panywaist after but it feels so good.

5 Star Poster

Actually, when the radical left become this distressed to the point of being totally irrational, you know a nerve has been hit.

Obama has just KO`d himself. He will not get the nomination after stating, " ...lives of the bravest young Americans wasted."
    The outrage at this neophyte was so loud the very next day Obama then said,"Even as I said it, I realized I had misspoken...It is not at all what I intended to say, and I would absolutely apologize if any (military families) felt that in some ways it had diminished the enormous courage and sacrifice that they'd shown."

He did not "misspeak", in an unguarded moment his true nature was seen. The nature of a leftist with hate and disdain.

And guess what newbie, even the NYTimes is now pounding this piker to dust. You`re in such an agitated state you`re not even paying attention.

Maureen Dowd, " He Looked as if he Needed a Smoke and He Needed it Bad...Obama's so slender his wedding band looked as if it was slipping off... there was a wariness in his dark eyes...he took a sniffy shot at the loutish reporters who were merely whispering where’s the beef: “Take some notes, guys, that’s how it’s done" "

You get the idea. Obama is toast.

After you volunteer to abort babies, tear up the parts and sell them for profit. Then move to Darfur and feed the planet. Once more, it`s called 'Division of Labor', go read a book.
    Canada has committed it`s resources to Afghanistan and is on point.

You`re whole rant is merely a tale … full of sound and fury; signifying nothing.

Rookie Poster

For everyone that reads these posts, it must be made clear that WhiteMaleCandada is truly without a point....and those who tolerate his foolishness must see this as time goes forward.

WhiteMale could not respond to the issue of John Howard not "putting up" sufficient troops to make his so-called support of the Iraq war, instead he relies on moving to what i call "shiny keys" (diverting the point to something not relevant to the issue but instead becomes a direct attack on the person being discussed......

I will address this diversion but only for a short moment. I am glad he corrected a statement he should have probably worded correctly. Most people know what he was trying to say and only the dummies like yourself that lean far right will try to paint him as some troop hating malcontent. However, the President cannot apologize or "coirrect" for the deaths of 3000 soliders and 100000+ iraq citizens by his lies and deceit. The right cannot defend, hide or obfuscate the truth that has been revealed about every lie or ginned up "facts". That point renders anything you have tried to say as impotent and moot. Being mentally impotent helps you in this area quite well. The military families have much to be frustrated about but its not Obama, but "the Decider" who will face the wrath of those who are trying to live witht he fact that their son or daughter did NOT die for anything noble. We are living in the sequel of the Fog of War as Westmoreland wrote about. However, you and "the Decider" did not learn anything from the mistakes of LBJ or others that kept the vietnam war alive. LBJ finally learned what he did was wrong. GWB is too stupid or too stubborn to learn from his mistakes. YOu as a lemming will do anything that the right says...no matter how stupid it is.....except actually go to war to support your questionable beliefs. you like howard are a pussy and everyone here can see it clearly.

Calling me angry because your arguments have no juice is another "shiny key" and identifying its shallow purpose is all I have to do put it aside.

Your comment about joining some "effort" to abort babies is really out there in wingnut land. No reasonable person can even give any mental cycles to your comment.....it too is a weak, impotent response to the fact that you are not more than another weak, wimpy dickless armchair keyboarder that has not the guts to stand for what you believe in.

Yes, Canada is in Afganistan - but Canada wisely declines to participate in Iraq. What is your reason for not being there, doing what you have to support those who are warmongers? Personally, until we can show any progress, we should not let one more solider die for this BS "cause".

You troll, are certainly welcome to join the cannon fodder team. When an IED blows you up, we will not remember you or or honor you, we will just know that you stuck yourself out there more BS. Oh but wait, the idea of that probably made you pee your panties.....so I won't hold my breath there.

People like you are the problem => Too dumb to really look into the issues of the war. It too much to take the time to see whats really going on when you can just sit there in your soiled underwear, eating chips, and playing with your dinky while you dream of being like your pretend hero, Jack Bauer.

Again, why are you here on this board. Why don't you go somewhere where right wingers will make you feel like a king....of the other dummies.

Actually, when the radical left become this distressed to the point of being totally irrational, you know a nerve has been hit.

Obama has just KO`d himself. He will not get the nomination after stating, " ...lives of the bravest young Americans wasted."
    The outrage at this neophyte was so loud the very next day Obama then said,"Even as I said it, I realized I had misspoken...It is not at all what I intended to say, and I would absolutely apologize if any (military families) felt that in some ways it had diminished the enormous courage and sacrifice that they'd shown."

He did not "misspeak", in an unguarded moment his true nature was seen. The nature of a leftist with hate and disdain.

And guess what newbie, even the NYTimes is now pounding this piker to dust. You`re in such an agitated state you`re not even paying attention.

Maureen Dowd, " He Looked as if he Needed a Smoke and He Needed it Bad...Obama's so slender his wedding band looked as if it was slipping off... there was a wariness in his dark eyes...he took a sniffy shot at the loutish reporters who were merely whispering where’s the beef: “Take some notes, guys, that’s how it’s done" "

You get the idea. Obama is toast.

After you volunteer to abort babies, tear up the parts and sell them for profit. Then move to Darfur and feed the planet. Once more, it`s called 'Division of Labor', go read a book.
    Canada has committed it`s resources to Afghanistan and is on point.

You`re whole rant is merely a tale … full of sound and fury; signifying nothing.

Grow your own dope, plant a republican!

Intelligent conversation with Conservatives is bound to fail because they are always ready to defend their most precious possession -- their incredible ignorance.