Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

Yeah, I got Seven Soldiers as it was coming out - amazing. We3 was stellar too.

C'est La Vie!

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TomSelis
    I used to read Spiderman up until the clone saga, then it just got too.....eh.

I was reading DD during the Frank Miller run a little bit, I'll check it out.

It's kind of hard to keep track of all of the X-titles. But is Astonishing X-men the one where, Gambit and Sunfire are Apocalypse's horsemen? I read a few while I was at B&N.

Frank Miller's Elektra/Daredevil will always be the best classic
    of his series runs. Too bad Elektra the movie didn't do her comic
    series any justice at all. It failed her.
    When Marvel began to substitute artwork over plot/action, i began
    to lose track of the current issues. ( back issues work best for me)
    i never did get enough of Nimrod the ultimate sentinel, like i always
    wanted and same goes for Selene the Black Queen because i always
    wanted to see her go head-to-head with Emma Frost, the White Queen.
    for HellFire club supremacy.
    But ..thems the breaks.
    If they ever do another Xmen film ( with director Brett Ratner of course)
    i hope they make Apocalypse the main draw as the lead villain.

Veteran Poster

Sandman is a good series,or was anyway.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by loki
    technically you never read them, loki!

stillies77

God Grant Morrisons white queen was the snootiest bitch in the entire world...

and i would have fucked her brains out hahaha

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by foxxyyvonne
    Quote Originally Posted by loki
    technically you never read them, loki!
    I've read most of them and you know it.

Silver Poster

I personally adore the early Metal Hurlant (Heavy Metal) stuff made by Enki Bilal and also his later stuff. He was the founder of the Politthriller-genre, in his works some kind of a fusion between Science-Fiction and politics. He is from France but of bosnian and czech heritage. For you who really like comics, itīs time to see thatt hereīs more than Marvel

Rookie Poster

We3 was stellar too.
    Yes! I was wondering how he was going to pull that off, but should've known better - brilliant.

I personally adore the early Metal Hurlant (Heavy Metal) stuff made by Enki Bilal and also his later stuff.
    I used to look forward to each new issue of HM every month, and Bilal's work was among my favourites - also loved Angus McKie's stories - there were so many great artists and storytellers in it back then. The whole magazine just seemd to go to poop in the early 80's.

Have you seen the movie "Immortal"? It's done almost completely in CGI and based on Enki Bilal's early HM stories about the Egyptian gods and looks really good. I can't say much else about it since the only copy I could find is dubbed into Italian with no subtitles, so I tried to watch it, but just smiled and nodded a lot......

stillies77

i wanna see that movie

Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by alyss_heart
    We3 was stellar too.
    Yes! I was wondering how he was going to pull that off, but should've known better - brilliant.

I personally adore the early Metal Hurlant (Heavy Metal) stuff made by Enki Bilal and also his later stuff.
    I used to look forward to each new issue of HM every month, and Bilal's work was among my favourites - also loved Angus McKie's stories - there were so many great artists and storytellers in it back then. The whole magazine just seemd to go to poop in the early 80's.

Have you seen the movie "Immortal"? It's done almost completely in CGI and based on Enki Bilal's early HM stories about the Egyptian gods and looks really good. I can't say much else about it since the only copy I could find is dubbed into Italian with no subtitles, so I tried to watch it, but just smiled and nodded a lot......
    Yeah, I used to watch "Immortal".... since I know, itīs mostly digitally-created with some real actors like the one german actor and Charlotte Rampling. Immortal is just a film to Bilalīs Nikopol-trilogy. Really cool but could have been done better. Bilal is also a director and has done two more movies before like "Bunker Palace Hotel" in 1989 with Jean-Louis Trintignant and Carole Bouquet (I think I wrote it right) and "Tykho Moon" from 1995 with Michel Piccoli and Julie Delpy. These movies are not easy to find but I found Bunker Palace Hotel on eMule.