Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Platinum Poster Hara_Juku Tgirl's Avatar

Default Harry Potters new Image? Yay or nay?

Daniel Radcliffe Now:

Daniel Before:

NEW YORK (AP) -- "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe, who strips for his new role in London's West End revival of the play "Equus," has ignited a bit of a media firestorm by posing for racy promotional photos for the production.

The Tony-Award-winning drama tells the story of a stable-hand who has an erotic fixation with horses. In one photo, Radcliffe, 17, dares to bare it all alongside a white horse; in another, he is pictured with a naked Joanna Christie, the actress who portrays his girlfriend.

"Equus," directed by Thea Sharrock, opens at London's Gielgud Theater on February 27. Tony Award-winning actor Richard Griffiths plays a pyschiatrist who treats Radcliffe's character.

"Part of me wants to shake up people's perception of me, just shove me in a blender," Radcliffe said in a recent interview with Newsweek magazine.

"It's a really challenging play, and if I can pull it off -- we don't know if I can yet -- I hope people will stop and think, 'Maybe he can do something other than Harry,' " he said.

Radcliffe, who was discovered seven years ago in the audience of a London theater, reprises his role as the bespectacled boy wizard in "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix," slated for release July 13.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is soon coming out. Daniel Radcliffe sheds his baby fat, nerdy boy look. So the question is..

Does Daniel's New Image Yay or Nay?

I personally approve of his new Image. He has grown into a very attractive guy and at 17 I think he is ready to play different roles other than nerdy whimpy Harry Potter. :P

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Junior Poster

You know that after the Harry Potter series Daniel's mainstream career is over, right? He might get various other roles in film and stage, but he'll forever be HP, just like Christopher Reeve could never shed Superman.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Equus is a challenging piece and a revival of one of the most famous modern plays so he has hiw work cut out for him. He plays a kid who blinds horses who is in love with his mother- quite a stretch from Potter. Hope he can break that mold.

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Quote Originally Posted by Smog Boy
    You know that after the Harry Potter series Daniel's mainstream career is over, right? He might get various other roles in film and stage, but he'll forever be HP, just like Christopher Reeve could never shed Superman.
    Well have a little faith Smogboy. I think he is just doing what most young actors transitioning from being a child to a teenager to adulthood. We've seen the likes of Drew Barrymoore, Alyssa Milano, Brooke Shields, Thora Birch, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Elija Wood, Christian Bale, Kirsten Dunst, Sean Astin etc. who's quite had successful careers into adulthood.

Though Im sure it would be very hard for kids to disassociate Daniel Radcliffe from Harry Potter (But hey kids his age also grew up with him too). Im pretty sure he would do alright over time if the public gives him a chance.

~Kisses.

HTG

HURDLE #1: If guys would learn to stop over complementing, and not compliment every tranny (or girl) they see and talk to (so a girl would feel it was sincere and that she's special), maybe they'd get somewhere but a dead end! lol

Silver Poster

I hate Harry Potter (sorry to the fans here). Nothing against Radcliffe but he is not an actor nor are his mates in the film. He is a kiddy-superstar and itīs well-known how most of them end up. Acting means playing different roles different and I doubt he can do that. I watched the last Harry Potter and those kidīs acting is ridiculous. Radcliffe should go to college or something because heīll be forgotten soon.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    Well have a little faith Smogboy. I think he is just doing what most young actors transitioning from being a child to a teenager to adulthood. We've seen the likes of Drew Barrymoore, Alyssa Milano, Brooke Shields, Thora Birch, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Elija Wood, Christian Bale, Kirsten Dunst, Sean Astin etc. who's quite had successful careers into adulthood.

~Kisses.

HTG
    It's true what you say, H, but lets remember that Sarah Michelle will never shed Buffy, Elijah Wood will never shed Frodo Baggins and Alyssa Milano will never shed being the kid from Who's The Boss (and because she was the first girl I ever fancied when I was about 6). Daniel might have a decent career like many others but he'll forever be remembered as HP.

It's true what you say, H, but lets remember that Sarah Michelle will never shed Buffy, Elijah Wood will never shed Frodo Baggins and Alyssa Milano will never shed being the kid from Who's The Boss (and because she was the first girl I ever fancied when I was about 6). Daniel might have a decent career like many others but he'll forever be remembered as HP.
    LOL Thats not entirely true. Sarah Michelle Gellar still continues to make movies long after Buffy wrapped up. She has been in alot of films and for 2007 she has done/doing: Alice (in production), Suburban Girl (post-production), Addicted,The Air I Breathe (completed), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) (completed) (voice) and Happily N'Ever After. Not mentioning she had 3 films last year The Return, The Grudge 2 and Southland Tales.

Elijah Wood and Alyssa Milano are still around making films/tv. Just nothing big/current at this time (I dont think?). :P

~Kisses.

HTG

He just needs to do the same thing Harrison Ford did, which was to sign on to as many varied roles as possible using his initial success as a springboard.

No sooner had Star Wars hit theatres and become an instant success when Ford pushed on with the likes of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Blade Runner, Witness, Mosquito Coast, The Fugitive, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, Air Force One, Regarding Henry, Frantic, and What Lies Beneath (A very scary turn from all of his previous roles).

Good decisions and management will save Radcliffe from the Superman curse.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Hara_Juku Tgirl
    LOL Thats not entirely true. Sarah Michelle Gellar still continues to make movies long after Buffy wrapped up. She has been in alot of films and for 2007 she has done/doing: Alice (in production), Suburban Girl (post-production), Addicted,The Air I Breathe (completed), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2007) (completed) (voice) and Happily N'Ever After. Not mentioning she had 3 films last year The Return, The Grudge 2 and Southland Tales.

Elijah Wood and Alyssa Milano are still around making films/tv. Just nothing big/current at this time (I dont think?). :P

~Kisses.

HTG
    Of course SMG does lots of films (no good ones though), but don't you ever think Buffy? Hell, Sean Connery has done tons of films, but what springs to mind? The Irish cop from The Untouchables? The Scottish Spaniard from Highlander? No, it's Bond. Anthony Hopkins was recently voted the best actor ever, but he can't shake off Dr Hannibal Lector.

I hope Harry, I mean Daniel has lots of luck in the future and avoids an endless string of British Rom-Coms, but we'll have to see. Meanwhile maybe there should be a new thread of certain actors who are forever linked to certain roles.

Now, Anthony Perkins - what role springs to mind?

Now, Anthony Perkins - what role springs to mind?
    McAndless, from Freejack.

Next question.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell