Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl XXLI

Junior Poster

Default Super Bowl XXLI

Colts v. Bears

First time, in the history of American football, that a black coach has gone to the superbowl, much less, TWO black coaches.

Bring out the beer!!

If sex is a weapon, my gun's loaded.

Junior Poster

It's Super Bowl XLI, not XXLI.

Rookie Poster

do we always have to bring up the race card who cares if 2 black coaches are coaching in it the whole black coach black quarteback thing is a bit tired why dont we talk about the white running back or the white wide reciever too mix it up alittle

When In Doubt I Whip It Out I Got Me A Rock & Roll Band

Junior Poster

DA BEARS.

While if I could go back in time and change things, God knows I would, I also realize that such a thing is impossible. So I just have to move on with my life and make sure that I come out the other side a better person. That’s all there is too it.

Rookie Poster

Tom Florers was a Mexican American football player and coach. He won 2 super bowls as a coach in the 80s- over 20 years ago. So if you want to talk about somebody breaking ground talk about Tom Flores. He was the first minority coach to win a super bowl and he did it over 20 years ago, when there were no rules about teams being required to interview at least 1 minority candidate for head coaching jobs. And talk about minority- the nfl is like 75 % black- how many mexicans are there in the nfl?

Rookie Poster

thats cool that he done that but thats not what im saying a coach is a coach no matter what color

When In Doubt I Whip It Out I Got Me A Rock & Roll Band

Best thing about the Super Bowl was the half time show

Junior Poster

Alright, alright, it's XLI, I got it wrong. Humans make mistakes.

And I wasn't trying to be racist or anything. But it's now down in the NFL history books that two black coaches actually went against each other. Rather than point it out as being "racist", you could add something insightful, like ChicoBWare.

If sex is a weapon, my gun's loaded.

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Super Bowl XXLI

Quote Originally Posted by demmie
    Colts v. Bears

First time, in the history of American football, that a black coach has gone to the superbowl, much less, TWO black coaches.

Bring out the beer!!
    Sloppy game with all the rain. Alot of turnovers and that. I dont care if the coach was japanese and if we go there then lets get into qoutas and afirmative action. if we do then there should be less blacks on the field,more whites and more hispanics. there should be more hispanic coaches since latinos outnumber black now.

Enough with this skincolor bs.

Enough with this skincolor bs.

agreed.....but it's the media types that keep harping on it though.

if you watch any sports related show last week and they talked about the super bowl.....the question or comment that was ALWAYS there.......had something to do with the fact that both coaches were black.