Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Don't forget Hooverphonic

Default : Trip-hop: Any suggestions?

THe first sneaker pimps cd, Cold Cut, DJ Food.

Default Re: : Trip-hop: Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by tetsuo
    The first Sneaker Pimps cd is alright. I own that one. Too bad the lead singer had to leave, and make a bad solo album.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuki
    The first Sneaker Pimps cd is alright. I own that one. Too bad the lead singer had to leave, and make a bad solo album.
    Yeah, She has a great voice though. Sneaker pimps really bombed when she left (got kicked out)

Hey Kabuki!-
    I totally share your love for music and appreciate a variety of different genres. Bjork is pretty fucking kick ass (though not all her songs are considered trip hop... she has some pretty amazing trip hop gems- like "Joga" ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!! )

Professional Poster

, Cold Cut, DJ Food.
    YEP. Actually these two acts are the same person/people, mostly matt black who seems to be involved with much of the NINJA TUNE label. This label is really a great place to check for TRIP HOP, they really are of that genre. Particularly DJ Food (seems to have sampled my dad's entire record collection of 70's jazz funk). A Brighton (u.k.) label called TRU THOUGHTS has some exellent TRIP HOP artists, particularly BONOBO and possibly Quantic, lost track of that scene really. RED SNAPPER is a good group featuring LIVE instruments, double bass, etc. The Bristol stuff's been covered already. Some good dark moments on FutureSoundOfLondon's DEAD CITIES album but little actual trip hop. SQUAREPUSHER, really more a jazz-drum+bass artist has made some good slow trip-hoppy tunes, heavy on the bass guitar. Really there are FEW true TRIP HOP acts other than the BRISTOL MOB, massive attack,tricky,portishead. Does anyone remember what label PALMSKINPRODUCTIONS was on? MO WAX? I think MO WAX might bne a good label to check, more jazzy trip hop i think.
    OR
    Just get your old CYPRESS HILL 45rpm records, play them at 33, turn all treble down on the stereo and muffle the speakers with pillows, do about 40 bongs and you should get the same effect

the majority rules, and the majority are passive bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by THATSMISSJUNECUZYANASTY
    Hey Kabuki!-
    I totally share your love for music and appreciate a variety of different genres. Bjork is pretty fucking kick ass (though not all her songs are considered trip hop... she has some pretty amazing trip hop gems- like "Joga" ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!! )
    Yes, Bjork is amazing. Homogenic is my fave.

Rookie Poster

dj shadow, faithless, Gotye, Inga Liljestrom, Lamb, kruder & dorfmeister, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Yonderboi, and zero 7.

that should be enough to hold you over

Quote Originally Posted by mBomb
    dj shadow, faithless, Gotye, Inga Liljestrom, Lamb, kruder & dorfmeister, Supreme Beings of Leisure, Yonderboi, and zero 7.

that should be enough to hold you over
    I have the Supreme Beings of Leisure album. It still gets a lot of play here.

Junior Poster
    somewhere in Mexico, learning how to juggle kittens

I would suggest Quantic, Boards of Canada,D'nell,King kooba,Four tet,and Styrofoam.

"I drink what? " - Socrates