Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Important ! Confused About Friday's Party

Unless I'm missing something, it would appear that there are 2 separate parties scheduled for 10/29 (this Friday) at Club Shelter.

I have received both an email invite and hard copy invitation to the Smack-Fetish Party which clearly states that their party is also at Club Shelter this Friday. I know hundreds of people that are going to it..many of whom have already purchased their tickets. It appears to me that there exists the potential for a nightmare of evening, with two totally different and distinct groups of people all planning on attending a party at the same venue on the same night.

http://www.smack-fetish.com

I'm hoping that somebody here can clarify this for the benefit of everyone. I called the club tonight but only got a recording.

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

Because of a scheduling conflict error on the part of Club Shelter.
    We have to share the building that evening.
    We will have our own area, this has been before with us.
    Unfortunately, I had no choice in the matter since it was
    sprung upon me the last minute.

Your post is rather dramatic dear, it is not the like the the fetish party is going to be a hip hop party. I dont think there the goths and trannies will in a rumble that night.

The situation is not what I would like it to be, but it is the best I was given at a last minutes notice by the night club.

Junior Poster

Thanks for clearing things up. I wasn't trying to be histrionic at all. It's just that I have been to your events before at Shelter and they get very crowded. Likewise, I have been to several Smack events too and theirs are also crowded. In fact, their last one was during the NYC Fetish Marathon and filled up the entire Octagon.

It's really a shame that the club allowed this to happen, considering you're holding monthly events at their venue. As far as the demographic compositon of the two events, like yourself, I don't see that as a problem at all. I just imagine how crowded it's going to be. They have 4 DJs scheduled, the group "The Genitortures" are playing and there are supposed to be numerous fetish performances. Having been to Shelter on numerous occasions, I just can't imagine how it's all going to work.

Are there going to be different door people? Does admission fee entitle one to attend both events?? Or are they going to be roped off?

I'm wondering if we are still going to get three floors, or would we have to give one of them up for the other party. I think there are two sets of stair cases, so it might be able to avoid mixing, but if there is some, I wonder if we would end up making a bunch of them tranny chasers before the night is over.

Junior Poster

I'm sure quite a few are already tranniechasers...LOL.

As far as the number of floors, the Smack invitation says the party is on "4 Ghoulish Floors"....who knows? Looks like some people are going to be in for a surprise. :P

we will have our own entrance
    and we will have our own area
    however we will not have three floors
    unfortunately
    believe you me i am extremely upset about all of this
    but there is nothing i can do
    if i had the time i would have moved the party-
    but i just found out about this when i got back from paris sunday night
    it is ridiculous the club made this mistake but they did

Still Here 5 Star Poster

Club Shelter has fucked us again, but its not that bad. We actually had the party once at the same time as a hip-hop party in the same building and it was completely without incident.

Rookie Poster

Default ok and how

So can you tell me how will we get in and will we still hear the music from the other party, and will we see the people from that party. Could we get a discount on the event now that i's not three(3) floors.

Still Here 5 Star Poster

The doorman/bouncer will inform you of the party you are entering. Club Shelter is big enough that you won't be running into people from the other parties, nor hear their music. As far as reducing the price, that's up to Allanah but there's no real reason for that since the admission price is still great for the amount of entertainment one gets on one floor alone.

Thank you guys for your support.

We have had this before and there is no problem.
    Shelter is a huge space and we will have different rooms.
    Parties will be sectioned.

I would love to discount admission to this party but I simply cant given the amount of money I have spent
    on everything.

Remember this happened LAST minute.
    I have had NO time to make provisions.

I will give everyone @ the door 2 $15 discount coupon off the next admission of my next party & that is the best that I can do given this situation.