Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

The Addams family was indeed the original, with a finer pedigree in its creator Charles Addams.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	350px_deardeaddays_205.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	78692  

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    I always preferred The Addams Family over The Munsters. The Munsters had nothing or no one to equal the characters of Cousin It, or the butler, Lurch. Yes, Grandpa had his moments, but give me the Addams Family everytime.
    Same here, I prefer the Addams Family, pity the movies fucked up the continuity. :P

*snaps fingers*

Burninating the country side, burninating the peasants. Burninating all the people in their thatched roof cottages....THATCHED ROOF COTTAGES!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suckseed
    Was 'My Cousin Vinny' Herman's last movie?
    His last film appearance, though he did some voice-over narration on at least one other TV project just before he died.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Junior Poster

Didn't Addams Family and Munsters both premier at roughly the same time, I read something about it at IMDb.

Gold Poster

Yes, and they both ended about the same time.

The laugh tracks were also better cued on The Addams Family.

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious ... He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed ... Albert Einstein

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Yes, and they both ended about the same time.

The laugh tracks were also better cued on The Addams Family.
    **shudder** I hate laugh tracks, it's like some asshole telling you when to laugh. I prefer Munsters over Addams Family.

Looks like the people behind Scary Movie and Little Man are making a Munsters movie....

Gold Poster

Well, there are laugh tracks and there are laugh tracks. The best example of an overdone abuse of laugh tracks were those utilized in the old Ozzie and Harriet show. Ozzie would do something as bland as opening the refrigerator door and get a big laugh for it. What was that all about?

Junior Poster

I was checking out the DVD for 80's TV show, Sledge Hammer and there's a reference that in the pilot episode a laugh track was added because Americans didn't know if they were supposed to laugh or take it seriously!

MASH, the TV show, on the other hand is much better without a laugh track, but jeez, the shows were someone opens a door the LT kicks in is like WTF?

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

The MASH laugh track was hysterical. There were the generic group laugh fests, and every once in awhile they would slip in this amazingly bizarre single voice that had the weirdest "Uhahaha" chortle type thing going on.

It was classic in of itself.

how come Herman was able to have a regular job with Mr Gates and all the people at the office didn't get freaked out?
    it seems that every time Herman met one of Marilyn's boyfriends at the house, they would run away in terror.