Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

As for the TS, let them mature enough to make their own decisions.

As for the intersexed, my IS 'lover' of some years ago once said that "The doctors that perform 'corrective' surgery are most often wrong in the gender they choose for the child".

*Sigh*

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Faraday
    Anyone who has SRS at 12 years old needs their head looking at. The trouble comes as SRS is not necessarily a final solution to the *problem*. Such evasive surgery can have major medical implications.
    Very cogent argument, Alison. And given that argument, I had to chuckle at your Freudian slip of "evasive surgery": surely you meant "invasive," but if it's to evade a psychological condition that a 12-year-old is too young to fully understand (and I agree), then "evasive" seems all too apt.

I think beginning hormonal treatment may be appropriate at such a young age; I have a friend who did just that, and she (now 30ish) is very well-adjusted and happy in her choice (and as yet she has not had SRS, something she still hasn't decided upon because, she says, sex is too pleasurable even if her body isn't ideal). But I agree that getting SRS at such a tender age is too young.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Alison Faraday
    Anyone who has SRS at 12 years old needs their head looking at. The trouble comes as SRS is not necessarily a final solution to the *problem*. Such evasive surgery can have major medical implications.

Let's put it this way. While at a young age I had a strong suspicion that I was a transsexual, I did not really know what a transsexual was or if it was even possible. I was alone. Now given time, by about the age of 16 I pretty damn sure what I wanted, but hadn't the faintest clue about how to get it.

Talking about intersexed children. While I'm somewhat in agreement that minor conditions are rightly corrected at a young age. The more major conditions, especially those which affect natural development should be left to the decision of the child. Certainly here in the UK, intersexed children up until only a few years ago have been almost experimented on for want of a better word.

BLACK and WHITE! Hot or Cold. Humans, or more Doctors, see things in such extremes when it comes to gender. There's Male or Female, and that's that!

The ambiguity of gender is such a taboo subject that it's not widely publicised that as many as 1 in 1000 of the population have some slight intersexed condition. My *cock* for example, let's be clear here, has a deformity where the skin that would normally go back is joined to the head. It is not the same as other penises.

Hang on, where am I going with this.. Ah yes, young transsexuals.

12 years is too young. And any parent or Doctor advocating SRS for a 4 year old should be dragged before a court on abuse charges.

Children's minds are not fully developed. It's very difficult for them to comprehend things and the wider social picture. In some ways though that could make adjustment easier for them. But in others, it could be leaping before they look.

The best example that I can give that most of us would understand would be of how big we thought the world was when we were teenagers. We thought that the school, our friends, the local shops, the family we had, was our entire world around us. It was only as we became older that we truly appreciated that no one gives a damn who we are so we may as well do what we like. The world gradually became a very big place.

And it's for that reason and reasons like it, which is why children should not have SRS. Hormones, well that's another discussion. Quickly though, I would say blocking hormones/puberty is acceptable in a diagnosed case of childhood transsexualism.

This is a very complex topic. Which in some ways shouldn't be left to Doctors and parents to decide, Doctors take the high moral ground of black/white and parents over react based on social pressure.

Very complex issue.

I also do not think it appropriate for pictures of this Tim/Kim to be posted here, or any other very young transsexual that doesn't realise the gravity of their decision.

Just to add: The feeding frenzy of the media to report and post pictures of these children is HIGHLY inappropriate to that child's future intended development. The 17y.o. here in the UK is widely known as the-youngest-transsexual after the Gutter Press newspapers dug up all that they could. So their dreams scuppered.
    You explained it in detail because i couldn`t so summed it up like :

12? I was still playing with toys at 12

Default I have do disagree

I have to disagree I think you can know how you feel at young age being someone herself I have never doubted I was Kelly or wanted to be male I wish I could of gone ahead with the surgery too at that age we all come to our terms of what we are about at our on times some earlier than others how can you judge how she feels?

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Junior Poster

Actually, the youngest in my country was when he was born.

The doctors made a huge mistake when he was circumcized at birth and cut off more than the skin, so the parents decided to just have a girl.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by DeathFox
    Actually, the youngest in my country was when he was born.

The doctors made a huge mistake when he was circumcized at birth and cut off more than the skin, so the parents decided to just have a girl.

You are thinking of David Reimer. His case was a little different in that he didn't express a desire to be a girl, it was forced on him after the botched circumcision. (at around 8 months) The doctors kinda forced the parents into thinking it would be better to raise him as a girl. They trusted the doctors.

It all turned out very tragic. While the doctor (Dr. John Money) was claiming it was a great success and wrote about it in medical journals, the truth was that the child was very depressed and angry. Finally "Brenda" switched back to being a boy at age 14.

David's life was never normal. I don't think he ever got over the anger of being lied to, having surgery performed on him, being a test subject, etc.

He killed himself just a couple years ago in 2004.
    A book was written about him. You can find it as Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/As-Nature-Made.../dp/0060192119

Also find out a little about it in:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Reimer

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by passionatelover
    all the more reason to ban that barbaric practise.
    You mean the one that lowers your chances of catching HIV?
    Just because you've a fetish for foreskins, doesn't make circumcision barbaric, I'm sure there will be plenty of skin left around for you to chew on.
    seanchai

Junior Poster

Default I'd hit it

bump

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    all the more reason to ban that barbaric practise.
    You mean the one that lowers your chances of catching HIV?
    Just because you've a fetish for foreskins, doesn't make circumcision barbaric, I'm sure there will be plenty of skin left around for you to chew on.
    seanchai
    thank you for proving how ignorant you really are.
    My pleasure - please enlighten me as to why I'm so ignorant?
    seanchai

5 Star Poster

A random sampling of 'passionatelover''s posts.

i thought you were being rude kelly, but you say your not, ok, like i said theres no emtion.

wombat, and suckseed was who i was saying are butt kissers.

ok well it seemed like you were being rude, its not exactly easy to tell with there being no emotion online.

and i was referring to wombat sucking up, but then ive see ...
    if you dont like what i say dont read it.
    no offence dear, but but i never believe what someone says online till i know them, so maybe your not crazy or a bitch or whore, but who knows, you could be like most guys online and get the 6 and 9 b ...
    other than the fact that its almost impossible to find a ts who isnt old, a bitch, crazy or a whore, the whole point of dating is to spend your time and share your love with them with the idea of livi ...

Subject: Would you have a relationship
    prolly not.

those quacks sound have a lump hammer, blow torch and angle grinder too them, for letting a 12 year old become a ts.

it should be illegal to even think of being a ts until your 18, 12 years old how ...
    Topic: Pumping?
    99.99999999999999999% of penis enhancers are scams, just be happy with what you got.
    Topic: why do SOME white people think its ok to be racist?

black people are just as guilty for racism.

so you applied for a job and didn't get it, and you think it was cos your black, well that's why every country has feel legal support, if you think your ...
    Topic: Why TS girls do not like cum in their mouth?

shut the fuck up cunt, just cos you have to pay some ugly ass well used whore to fuck you doesnt mean every guy needs to.

I repeat, you are a TOOL. No every guy doesn't have to pay. But you do! Don ...
    passionatelover

funny coming from a dumb fuck who is posting about being on here at 1am.

i never said im a dick master you dumb fucking yanky bitch, i just said i dont need to pay for it, like you do you worthless ...
    passionatelover

shut the fuck up cunt, just cos you have to pay some ugly ass well used whore to fuck you doesnt mean every guy needs to.
    passionatelover
    bitch please im a real man, i dont need to pay for it, i aint a fat loser who needs to pay to get laid.
    passionatelover
    lol a whore with morals know ive heard it all.